Homebrew PSX Emulator not working

blockman765

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a new 3ds Galaxy edition. My Luma is 8.1. I have the lib retro psx emulator. Every single time I try to run a rom, it crashes with a screen saying An exception occurred in red text. Any help?

Thanks!

yusuo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have a new 3ds Galaxy edition. My Luma is 8.1. I have the lib retro psx emulator. Every single time I try to run a rom, it crashes with a screen saying An exception occurred in red text. Any help?

Thanks!
You're using the nightlies, try using stable build

blockman765

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for responding so quickly! Yeah, I got it off of FBI. Sorry to ask but, could you link me to the stable build?

Thanks!

yusuo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I normally say always use the 3dsx version of homebrews to avoid bans but the cia version gets almost x3 the fps

Just make sure your wifi switch is off so you don't get banned

NanashiFinal13

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina

blockman765

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool! It boots now! But It blinks on a black screen. If it matters what game I am running, it is Parappa The Rapper. DO you think it is the emulator or the rom?

NanashiFinal13

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
you put the bios on the system folder?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Cool! It boots now! But It blinks on a black screen. If it matters what game I am running, it is Parappa The Rapper. DO you think it is the emulator or the rom?
I try several games and work, but not all games work. i play this games and work: Croc, Croc 2, Parasite Eve, Shadowman, Final Fantasy VII, Vagrant Story, Crash Bandicoot, Castlevania Simphony of the Night, Thrill Kill, Disney's The Emperor's New Groove, Alone in the Dark the New Nightmare, Galerians, Hell Night, Legacy of Kain Soul Reaver, Spiderman, Nightmare Creatures 2, Worms World Party, Looney Tunes Sheep Raider, TV Animation X - Unmei no Tatakai. Parasite Eve 2 don't work (i don't try it with the new nightly, but with the 1.36 version and 1.5 dont work)

Last edited by NanashiFinal13,

NanashiFinal13

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
you need to download a psone bios and put it on SD/retroarch/system/
(rename the bios to SCPH1001.BIN)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

And you need to modify the retroarch config file. On settings go to video and disable video sync, then go to audio and disable audio sync (most of the games runs very slow if this options are enabled, but some games like Earthworm Jim 2 runs perfectly with that options enabled)

blockman765

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do I need to get it off love roms? I just don't feel comfortable with it because of what people have said about adware and such.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: LOL