T3GZdev

head of T3GZdev
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Got it to compile. Had to change a few things in the scripts and toolchain but it wasn't too hard. :)

If you're getting errors you may have to install ARM GCC or python 2.7.
https://launchpad.net/gcc-arm-embedded
http://www.python.org/

Hopefully the attached files will work for you. You can change the displayed text string in the main.c file.
(and thanks to the creators of this homebrew, good job guys)
snailface
fierce waffle
naehrwert
Roxas75
kalimero

& it compiles now faster. launcher.bin doesn't seem to do anything tho but crash the 3DS. & reset it.
Fixed was my SD card that was the problem.

You could try it now if you have an IR receiver handy.

my laptop has an ir port if that counts? :P

D

Deleted User

The only thing that doesnt work now is to run the launcher.dat File through the normal exploit. Neither the gw_install.nds file nor the ROP_loader.nds file seem to run the launcher.dat right... it just crashes the 3ds and does nothing further. Maybe someone has an advice. FW is 4.2. I tried my own code first, and the example given in the project. Compiling is flawless, but running fails everytime. Can anyone help me out here?

nevermind.... it gw_install.ds has killed the functionality... just need to format the system memory to make it run. Thanks anyway :) It works flawless now.

Reactions: SLiV3R

aliak11

Pokemon Master
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was able to do this, but how do I make the screen a solid color?

JrDeLnT.jpg

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
This is all looking quite cool, I'm a zero when it comes to programming so won't be anything I can do but it's great seeing progress

Just out of interest has anyone been able to write to both sections of the screen in 3D mode?

Just a weird idea but I think a weird "winky" homebrew would be cool where you have to close one eye or the other to play like a 2 tone maze or something simple XD.....just as a silly concept thing but would be funny to see XD

sonic2756

Friendly Neighborhood Wolf
Trophies
Website
www.keenbrigade.com
XP
Country
United States
Do I need to use ROP_Loader.nds to get things going? I wrote some stuff+compiled but it never launches using GW's installer. ROP_Loader always fails to verify for some reason.

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
Do I need to use ROP_Loader.nds to get things going? I wrote some stuff+compiled but it never launches using GW's installer. ROP_Loader always fails to verify for some reason.
You need Fierce Waffle's loader (ROP_loader) because this exploit runs all decrypted code. GW's installer only runs encrypted code.

It sounds like you might have to reformat to restore your DS profile to a stable state then you need to run the latest ROP_loader again.
(this is what I had to do)

sonic2756

Friendly Neighborhood Wolf
Trophies
Website
www.keenbrigade.com
XP
Country
United States
You need Fierce Waffle's loader (ROP_loader) because this exploit runs all decrypted code. GW's installer only runs encrypted code.

It sounds like you might have to reformat to restore your DS profile to a stable state then you need to run the latest ROP_loader again.
(this is what I had to do)

Reformatted and used the latest ROP_Loader. Installs fine but exploit still crashes 3DS :|

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: decided to make wood menu the default flashcart menu instead of twl menu