Hacking [Q] DS Fire Link flashcard on 3DS?

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hello, a friend of mine knows how much of a geek I am and gave me this very old flashcard that I've never heard of, a DS Fire Link flashcard.
It runs fine on a DS Lite but the 3DS doesn't even recognize it, I managed to boot it using TWLoader and I got an error message "bootstrap not found, press start"
I know it's a very old flashcard and I already have a DSTT but is there any way to run this flashcard on a N3DS?
f35260962be32c0867d63b7816b27f83.jpg
d06e3d32d8233b4be6e40bc636fc6812.jpg
f22a5023968fa47a4c7e5c2662fbd2ed.jpg
586bf2fcf099935e8995b90a31802f27.jpg

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using Tapatalk

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Try launching it with this instead:

https://github.com/ApacheThunder/NTR_Launcher/releases

Create a INI file in a NDS folder on root of SD of your 3DS and make sure it contains this:

Code:
[NTRLAUNCHER]
DISABLEANIMATION = 0
HEALTH&SAFETY_MSG = 1
LANGUAGE = -1
NTRCLOCK = 1
ENABLESD = 0
TWLMODE = 0
RESETSLOT1 = 0

If it white screens, try enabling the RESETSLOT1 option.

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Try launching it with this instead:

https://github.com/ApacheThunder/NTR_Launcher/releases

Create a INI file in a NDS folder on root of SD of your 3DS and make sure it contains this:

Code:
[NTRLAUNCHER]
DISABLEANIMATION = 0
HEALTH&SAFETY_MSG = 1
LANGUAGE = -1
NTRCLOCK = 1
ENABLESD = 0
TWLMODE = 0
RESETSLOT1 = 0

If it white screens, try enabling the RESETSLOT1 option.
I didn't need to create the INI, after installing the .cia it booted right up, thanks!

Reactions: Apache Thunder

Apache Thunder

Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Good to know this works on that. DS Fire Link is a clone of N-Card...or N-Card is a clone of that...or a clone of DS Linker....lol Which ever the case is, the fire card and N-Card are closely related and I was wondering if the N-Card would work this ...and it probably does seeing that the Fire Link does. :P

You should still probably setup the INI file though. You can do things like toggle the boot animation and enable TWL clock speeds for DS games. Some games had some frame rate issues that could be helped by that.

Last edited by Apache Thunder,
Reactions: OrGoN3

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good to know this works on that. DS Fire Link is a clone of N-Card...or N-Card is a clone of that...or a clone of DS Linker....lol Which ever the case is, the fire card and N-Card are closely related and I was wondering if the N-Card would work this ...and it probably does seeing that the Fire Link does. :P

You should still probably setup the INI file though. You can do things like toggle the boot animation and enable TWL clock speeds for DS games. Some games had some frame rate issues that could be helped by that.

Just be careful as some homebrew doesn't work properly with TWL clock speeds. Look at NeoDS as an example.

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

Ohh that sounds sweet but since I use my DSTT instead of this flashcard, I would prefer having TWL over NTR for games that I run off it.

EDIT: Also, what's the name of the INI file I should create?

Last edited by Yepi69,

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Does this work with forwarders? Cuz I got plenty of them.

EDIT: I supposedly activated TWLMODE by typing 1 infront of that line but that didn't speed up games, if anything there was a double border on the bottom of the touch screen.

Last edited by Yepi69,

Apache Thunder

Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Probably not. Though the forwarder that TWLoader uses is a fork of NTR Launcher so it's likely you just don't have something setup right when trying TWLoader. Did you make sure it's the latest version? Contact Robz8 about your issue. Perhaps It's a compatibility issue with TWLoader if you are already using latest build.

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Probably not. Though the forwarder that TWLoader uses is a fork of NTR Launcher so it's likely you just don't have something setup right when trying TWLoader. Did you make sure it's the latest version? Contact Robz8 about your issue. Perhaps It's a compatibility issue with TWLoader if you are already using latest build.
It is the latest version but I always had a hard time configurating TWLoader, its a bit tad confusing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jUWpmU-X8k