Gaming (Q): WII U worth buying for 2021 for homebrew only? (GC/WII/WII U games)

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're looking for a nice emulation machine of all the classic systems you'd expect (even some you might not like PSP), as well as being a device capable of playing all GameCube, Triforce Arcade, Wii, and Wii U games, then yeah, I'd say it's a no brainer. Thanks to all the emulators, loaders, and other homebrew, the Wii U can be a device capable of playing games rom all Nintendo systems except for the Switch (with 3DS being achieved by streaming a hacked 3DS through the hacked Wii U and allowing the Wii U to remotely control the 3DS at the same time thanks to NTRView). I call my Wii U, just The Nintendo lol.

Last edited by MikaDubbz,

Bakana

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Wii U games: A lot of the ports on the Switch can be found for a cheap price on the Wii U
Wii/GC games: Beeing able to play a lot of Wii games and all GC games on the Gamepad without a TV is gamechanger for me. I bought myself a Wii U only for this feature.
The biggest game I have played Xenoblade Chronicles X and with DLC it's around 30 GB.
The normal ones are aound 15GB

I would definitly buy a Wii U in 2021 if i can get it for under 100 if it includes the Gamepad. I have it for 3 years and have never regretted it

Reactions: 2DSGamerdude

2DSGamerdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
It's safe to update, Nintendo doesn't even try to block exploits on the Wii U anymore. Not that they ever did.
I don't block updates on Wii U, there's no point.

yeah, i think nintendo has given up on the wii u since 17 when the switch came out, and the 5.5.5 update doesn't really damage CFW on wii u at all, and it might be the final update for wii u.

plus the dns blocking thing is old now, so no need to use it anymore.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Wii U games: A lot of the ports on the Switch can be found for a cheap price on the Wii U
Wii/GC games: Beeing able to play a lot of Wii games and all GC games on the Gamepad without a TV is gamechanger for me. I bought myself a Wii U only for this feature.
The biggest game I have played Xenoblade Chronicles X and with DLC it's around 30 GB.
The normal ones are aound 15GB

I would definitly buy a Wii U in 2021 if i can get it for under 100 if it includes the Gamepad. I have it for 3 years and have never regretted it

yeah, im strongly thinking of getting one atm, i have found one in german amazon for 188 euroes, that's a bit over 100euro, but it's the
32gb version with the zombi game, wii u pro pad and all the standard accessories included to get you started (stated in the seller's description), i hope that means the wiiu gamepad is included aswell, also the item is in used - accpetable condtion, but it works.

https://www.amazon.de/Wii-Konsole-Z...hild=1&keywords=zombi+u&qid=1616714738&sr=8-6

how can i be sure that the gamepad is included in the bundle that i want to buy?

also since it is in german, can i change the system language to english?

using the gamepad as a contorller for gc/wii games is great, and there is the matter of injects which is nice.

Definitely get one, especially if you're a Homebrewer. Thank me later

yeah, im thinking of going for it, yeah homeberwing a device is nice and fun, and the compatabilty is 100% for gc/wii games on wii u.
i just hope the purchase of the pack i found will work out fine and i don't get scammed. (no gamepad for example).

i can't wait to get my hands on one soon (hope it works). :)

Reactions: BlazeMasterBM

tmnr1992

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Amazing console, online splatoon mario kart and smash, and all nintendo previous consoles can be emulated, i love it !!

Online for the Wii U might die soon, but even then I would recommend the console. In the meantime I'm still playing online in Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate.

Bakana

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
yeah, i think nintendo has given up on the wii u since 17 when the switch came out, and the 5.5.5 update doesn't really damage CFW on wii u at all, and it might be the final update for wii u.

plus the dns blocking thing is old now, so no need to use it anymore.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

yeah, im strongly thinking of getting one atm, i have found one in german amazon for 188 euroes, that's a bit over 100euro, but it's the
32gb version with the zombi game, wii u pro pad and all the standard accessories included to get you started (stated in the seller's description), i hope that means the wiiu gamepad is included aswell, also the item is in used - accpetable condtion, but it works.

https://www.amazon.de/Wii-Konsole-Z...hild=1&keywords=zombi+u&qid=1616714738&sr=8-6

how can i be sure that the gamepad is included in the bundle that i want to buy?

also since it is in german, can i change the system language to english?

using the gamepad as a contorller for gc/wii games is great, and there is the matter of injects which is nice.

yeah, im thinking of going for it, yeah homeberwing a device is nice and fun, and the compatabilty is 100% for gc/wii games on wii u.
i just hope the purchase of the pack i found will work out fine and i don't get scammed. (no gamepad for example).

i can't wait to get my hands on one soon (hope it works). :)

I bought mine from "Ebay-Kleinanzeigen" for around 100€ with paypal. Sometimes you can get really cheap prices there. With paypal you are safe if you asked the the seller for many details. If there is a problem you can send your chat with the seller to paypal. I had a few people that wanted to scam me but payapl always gave me my money back

2DSGamerdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I bought mine from "Ebay-Kleinanzeigen" for around 100€ with paypal. Sometimes you can get really cheap prices there. With paypal you are safe if you asked the the seller for many details. If there is a problem you can send your chat with the seller to paypal. I had a few people that wanted to scam me but payapl always gave me my money back

yeah, i bought mine recently from amazon germany, the payment is still pending, until the order is shipped, then it is taken,
i just hope it goes through, and i hpe that the wii u limited zobi ed is in good con and everything works great, and no parts are missing,
well that's alot of "hopes", but i hope all goes well.

the deal for the wii u i found was good and the lowest i could get shipped to my cuntry, most of the wii u orders i found and at even lower prices than the one i bought wouldn't ship to me :( .

if the product i get has any issue or missing parts (gamepad) for example i can contact seller and amazon de for help.

wow, i didn't expect this thread to get so many replies/views, thanx so much for the adive/help you guys :)
i really appricate it. :)

ass im goona "hopefully" get a wii u soon in april it seems, i'll make a q's thread that i have on wii u hacking, as im new to wii u homebrewing, and it's not the same like on wii.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, i bought mine recently from amazon germany, the payment is still pending, until the order is shipped, then it is taken,
i just hope it goes through, and i hpe that the wii u limited zobi ed is in good con and everything works great, and no parts are missing,
well that's alot of "hopes", but i hope all goes well.

the deal for the wii u i found was good and the lowest i could get shipped to my cuntry, most of the wii u orders i found and at even lower prices than the one i bought wouldn't ship to me :( .

if the product i get has any issue or missing parts (gamepad) for example i can contact seller and amazon de for help.

wow, i didn't expect this thread to get so many replies/views, thanx so much for the adive/help you guys :)
i really appricate it. :)

ass im goona "hopefully" get a wii u soon in april it seems, i'll make a q's thread that i have on wii u hacking, as im new to wii u homebrewing, and it's not the same like on wii.

you sound a bit like me. I bought a super slim ps3 last week that I plan to keep legit (put my cfw system in storage). I've gotten the 1TB hdd I bought from newegg, and I should get the hdd caddie today. I don't have the system or the one game I bought yet. it's a new copy of tales of graces f (have a pirated version on my cfw system). I haven't bought a new, retail game in years, so I'm going to love opening that up. anyway, I will also be checking if the system is in good working order and not banned. there's a 30-day return policy by the seller, so it's probably good otherwise I don't know why he'd offer any returns. it was the cheapest I could find a 12GB model at $134 w/ free shipping and that return policy. I didn't realize super slims were still so expensive. I need to make a new account for this system on sony's official website, then sign in on the system once I get it or just make it on the system. it might be difficult to toggle two systems full of games with the switch being the other I'm legit on, but I'll probably just have tales of graces f only for a while.

2DSGamerdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
you sound a bit like me. I bought a super slim ps3 last week that I plan to keep legit (put my cfw system in storage). I've gotten the 1TB hdd I bought from newegg, and I should get the hdd caddie today. I don't have the system or the one game I bought yet. it's a new copy of tales of graces f (have a pirated version on my cfw system). I haven't bought a new, retail game in years, so I'm going to love opening that up. anyway, I will also be checking if the system is in good working order and not banned. there's a 30-day return policy by the seller, so it's probably good otherwise I don't know why he'd offer any returns. it was the cheapest I could find a 12GB model at $134 w/ free shipping and that return policy. I didn't realize super slims were still so expensive. I need to make a new account for this system on sony's official website, then sign in on the system once I get it or just make it on the system. it might be difficult to toggle two systems full of games with the switch being the other I'm legit on, but I'll probably just have tales of graces f only for a while.

yeah, lol super silm is still exp in 2021? lol.
buying used or secondhand systems is a bit of a gamble as your not 100% sure if it's in good con or not or if it even works, lol.
tales of gaces f is a good game, i haven't played mine in like forever, i got the 3 tales in pack game, and my ps3 is slim, and cfw'd too. works great. keep it online tho. not sure if psn going down for systems ps3,psp,sp vita means that your purchases for those systems will disappear or you can't access them?

well i have mine on my sytstem stored, so im good even if psn for ps3 goes down.
but for wii u or any system, if you buy it used, you can just factory rest it to remove any previous stuff that as there, well
the previous owner who had it should do that by default since they are selling the system anywyas.

shopping for consoles in good prices and with shipping to your area/country can be rather hard, as many do not ship unfort, and i don't understand why not?

luclky, super silms are rather easy to replace HHD, just open the tray and out the HDD goes, on my Ps4 phat it was a compliacted mess to even open it up and them to unscrew the old drive and add the 1tb one in. lol. i had such a hard time doing it that i had to take my ps4 to tech support at the store that i got the hard drive from to do it for me and with no charge as it was nothing to do.
lol.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, I don't know why. it's about twice the price of a slim for some reason. the system is coming from Hawaii to the contiguous states, which is where I live. the game is coming from Canada. I didn't realize the 12GB came with no hdd caddie until a friend told me. that's why I bought one. I'm assuming this 12GB one comes with no hdd at the price that it's being sold at. it doesn't mention one.

I got to the end of graces f once on my old cfw system, but something happened to the save, so I never beat it. there's a pack of tales games? maybe I should've bought that instead. I wanted the game sealed for some reason, so I bought it new for $32, which was the cheapest I could find a new one for.

I would've done the ps4 hdd swap for you if I had lived near you. I formatted my ps4's hdd on a sata station to get rid of all traces of a banned account. I have almost everything back including games, saves, themes, and dlc. the only thing I lost was trophies. I'm not sure if there's a way to transfer them to another account. I don't think a way exists yet.

2DSGamerdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
1000% my favorite homebrew machine. The Wii U Pro controller battery life will outlive me too

yeah, it seems to be that, you can use gc games on it, despite nintendo never used it for gc, the wii it had in it could always do gc games, but nintendo turned off that feature, it was alwys in the system, just nintendo hid it. luckly you can unlock this with cfw,
just like how all ps3's (silm/super silm) can play ps2 games, despite sony stating that the ps3's exepct phat model cannot play ps2 games, they sure 100% can, but sony like nintendo turned off that feature or hid it, it can also be unlocked via cfw on ps3.
my ps3 cannot play ps2 normally, but via cfw it can, and it's 100% perfect, lol.

i wonder why nintendo/sony hid/lcoked their 6th gen systems from being used on their 7th gen systems,
were they really that bad as consoles or had bad games? no. 6th gen was/is still so awesome ans so nostaglic to play.

hence why im getting a wii u even in 2012, for a lower price than was it was in 2012, lol
for gc/wii games and wii u Ofcousre.

loading gc games and wii on wii u isn't emulation, it's just loading it via some loaders that load the games, since the hardware can play the games 100% without any errors unlike those that occur in emulation like dolphin on andriod for example.

also, is the zombi u game wroth anything atm? the bundle im getting has that included, but since im not into zombi games, i'll either sell it/trade it in my local store (when it reopens sometime).

also does the wii u pro contorller work on switch/lite? it's similar to the siwtch pro controller only way cheaper.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/ykuU8hnotr0?si=HzEN_fL2UyOn35HQ