question about going online

iamspepd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I boot up my switch without going into RCM mode, will the CFW not be activated? Will I be able to play online? Can I still access the games I downloaded through tinfoil?

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
You should create an emummc (emulated copy of your Switch internal memory - sysmmc). Then you use sysmmc for you official games and emummc for your unofficial games and homebrew. That way you can play the games you bought online in sysmmc, keeping it clean. Make sure emummc is either offline or use DNSmitm to block Nintendo servers. Otherwise you might get banned by Nintendo which will affect both emummc and sysmmc.

You are correct that If you don't enter rcm when you turn on your Switch then cfw will not be activated and you will end up in sysmmc. If you enter rcm you can choose between sysmmc or emummc depending on which payload and which config you use.

So yes you will be able to play online but only your officially bought games in sysmmc
Yes you can access you downloaded games in emummc but only offline

iamspepd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should create an emummc (emulated copy of your Switch internal memory - sysmmc). Then you use sysmmc for you official games and emummc for your unofficial games and homebrew. That way you can play the games you bought online in sysmmc, keeping it clean. Make sure emummc is either offline or use DNSmitm to block Nintendo servers. Otherwise you might get banned by Nintendo which will affect both emummc and sysmmc.

You are correct that If you don't enter rcm when you turn on your Switch then cfw will not be activated and you will end up in sysmmc. If you enter rcm you can choose between sysmmc or emummc depending on which payload and which config you use.

So yes you will be able to play online but only your officially bought games in sysmmc
Yes you can access you downloaded games in emummc but only offline
is sysmmc and emummc the same as sysnand and emunand?

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
As I understand it the Switch uses MMC where older consoles used NAND. I think the correct term for the Switch is SysMMC and EmuMMC but people are used to calling it NAND.
Feel free to correct me if I am wrong :)

But basically the answer to your question is YES it means the same thing.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I boot up my switch without going into RCM mode, will the CFW not be activated? Will I be able to play online? Can I still access the games I downloaded through tinfoil?

Don't do that unless you have an emunand for all your pirated content and a clean NAND for your online play.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, I might resume using gdevelop