[Question] Download system apps from NUS? (NUSGrabber seems to not work)

CrazySquid

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, after FTPing my Wii U it seems I have bricked uninstalling some system apps and modifying (namely, Nintendo TVii and Wii U Chat respectively).
I'm looking to fix this via UDPIH, installing what I have modified. My Wii U currently crashes in the Wii U logo at boot.

I tried downloading the stuff using NUSGrabber from crediar, but it seems it doesn't work? I used the command:
nusgrabber 000500301001310A
But it fails printing:
connect() failed: 10060

It has been a long time since I have downloaded something from NUS and I don't know how to do it now, does anybody know how to download system titles from NUS? Thanks in advance!

EDIT: There is a similar app called NUSSpli, but it's for the Wii U in particular and not for the PC, so I can't really use it.

Last edited by CrazySquid,

Laf111

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi, after FTPing my Wii U it seems I have bricked uninstalling some system apps and modifying (namely, Nintendo TVii and Wii U Chat respectively).
I'm looking to fix this via UDPIH, installing what I have modified. My Wii U currently crashes in the Wii U logo at boot.

I tried downloading the stuff using NUSGrabber from crediar, but it seems it doesn't work? I used the command:

But it fails printing:

It has been a long time since I have downloaded something from NUS and I don't know how to do it now, does anybody know how to download system titles from NUS? Thanks in advance!

EDIT: There is a similar app called NUSSpli, but it's for the Wii U in particular and not for the PC, so I can't really use it.
Hum... i don't think that they are available from NUS.
(they are not listed in WiiuUsbHelper)

I have the original files (uncompressed, ready to FTP) but for EUR region.
Are you interested ?

Last edited by Laf111,
Reactions: CrazySquid

CrazySquid

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hum... i don't think that they are available from NUS.
(they are not listed in WiiuUsbHelper)

I have the original files (uncompressed, ready to FTP) but for EUR region.
Are you interested ?
Thanks! I believe they are available since I remember I had downloaded Wii U Chat and other stuff from there years ago, in fact I downloaded the whole Wii U Menu since I had a problem with it when I attempted to install a theme, and it got somewhat corrupted, I managed to get that time into HBL and I used WUP Installer to reinstall the Wii U Menu and voila! Everything got fixed.
When I deleted Wii U Chat on purpuse, I did the same thing, I did download it again using NUSGrabber and then WUP Installer.
But for some reason I can't get NUSGrabber to work this time.

My Wii U is America region though, so unfortunately your files aren't going to work with my unit as far as I know. My hopes are to reinstall the OS, Wii U Menu, etc again using the WUP Installer included in the recovery menu, if that doesn't work, then I ran out of ideas, although I have some old full NAND backups in case recovery menu evolves and let restore NAND backups.

EDIT: I managed to do it, I just installed CEMU and WUPDownloader, I'm now downloading everything I need.

Last edited by CrazySquid,

CrazySquid

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
They are: http://wiiubrew.org/wiki/Title_database#00050030:_System_Applet_Titles

@CrazySquid NUSspli should be able to download and install the titles just fine. So what's your issue in using it?
I just couldn't use it because my Wii U is.... in a funny state. It doesn't boot past the Wii U logo at launch supposedly because my disc drive is not working properly (Man, I really wish I had access to vWii again to test that).
So I had to use Cemu plus WUPDownloader to get the files I wanted and reinstall via the WUP Installer included in Gary's recovery menu. Unfortunately despite installing the titles correctly it didn't work, so the only thing I have to blame is the disc drive.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one +1