DrLivingstoned

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi,

I have a switch currently running on 9.0.1.
Yesterday I upgraded to Hekate version 5.1.3 and atmosphere 0.10.51E

Until now I have used the sysnand only one time after purchasing the switch to register and download a few free games.
After that I have shut down the internet.
On my emunand I have some games and never gone online.

Now I want to go back online to (stock) sysnand and play a official game (via e-shop or card).
Should be safe, right ????????

I also wonder when the switch goes online from (stock)sysnand, will it start to load 9.2.0 ?
I have auto update -off- in the menu..
If so ... does this conflict with the emunand \emummc because that one will probably still run 9.0.1

Do I have to upgrade emunand \emummc also to 9.2.0
And if so .. what is the right order /

First .. update (stock)sysnand with official update ?
Or better first update emunand\emummc and after that update (stock) sysnand ?

Thanks !

roarn20

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Both sysnand and emunand will have different firmwares and will run separately from each other. Judging from what you are saying it looks like your sysnand is clean so you should be fine for now and update through Nintendo servers. When you boot into sysnand it will not update to 9.2 unless you yourself initiate the update. If you do everything on sysnand legit there is no reason for Nintendo to do anything to you.

Just a little advice though after you are done playing on sysnand and want to go to emunand, just to be safe and extra precaution measures turn off the wifi and put into airplane mode.

In regards to updating sysnand or emunand first, either way can work. Before I do anything I double check to see if I have a backup done and then I usually update my emunand first by using choidujour, update hekate, atmosphere and patches too while I'm at that. Then after that I boot into sysnand and update through Nintendo servers

*To add* Some new games does require version 9.2 to run, so if you want to play those then you have to update to the latest firmware

Last edited by roarn20,
Reactions: DrLivingstoned

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4 +1