Hacking [Question] is there any possibility to patch retail ds carts to play rom hacks on 3ds cfw?

SimplyFedorable

Evangelion Geek
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I was playing The Legend of Zelda, Phantom Hourglass with my friend (don't judge, there is a great multiplayer minigame, the rest of the game is shit) and later I found a patch for it that lets you use the d pad or circle pad to move link, and you wouldn't have to use the mediocre touch controls. So I thought to my self, is it possibly to patch ds games from cfw, like we did with hans? I'm not %100 sure if we can, and I don't really now how ds mode works, but is this possible? To answer the unavoidable, YES, I am getting a flashcart. I am just curious

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure, but people recently figured out how to load DS games from the SD card, so you don't need a flashcart anymore. You can read about it here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/ds-i-mode-hacking-progress-thread.413015/page-76
No, please don't spread false information. People found out how to read from the SD card while in NTR (or DS) mode - we still cannot load roms from the SD card.

OP, in response to your question, you need to patch the rom itself and play it from a flashcart. There's no HANS equivalent for DS games.

Reactions: ih8ih8sn0w

SimplyFedorable

Evangelion Geek
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure, but people recently figured out how to load DS games from the SD card, so you don't need a flashcart anymore. You can read about it here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/ds-i-mode-hacking-progress-thread.413015/page-76
I knew about that. Thats kinda why I was asking. I'm not too similar with ds mode stuff, but as we can now access the sd card from ds mode, this may be possible. This new discovery I believe, can load flashcart firmware off your sd card, but no games

ADS3500

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No, please don't spread false information. People found out how to read from the SD card while in NTR (or DS) mode - we still cannot load roms from the SD card.

OP, in response to your question, you need to patch the rom itself and play it from a flashcart. There's no HANS equivalent for DS games.
I know it's not possible yet, but they're a lot closer to being able to do it and they talk about not needing flashcarts anymore when they figure out how to do it.

SimplyFedorable

Evangelion Geek
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know it's not possible yet, but they're a lot closer to being able to do it and they talk about not needing flashcarts anymore when they figure out how to do it.
its all big ifs, and the dev who made the software that lets you access the sd card form ds mode isn't interested in loading games off a sd card. And if you could load ds games off a sd card, A flashcart would either be equal or better than any software. They are only $10 too, and have more then enough features to please me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/34203/Tomb_Raider_Definitive_Survivor_Trilogy/ mmm