Hacking Question or Explain: PS4 4.05 , Block update not to accidentally update ADVISE

TR_mahmutpek

medic
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
I.am asking too, if I stay connect internet but uncheck the autoupdate (all things like that) and not sign to psn or other things like that, is it fine?

D

Deleted User

I.am asking too, if I stay connect internet but uncheck the autoupdate (all things like that) and not sign to psn or other things like that, is it fine?

look sadly I will have to say no. I was like this before I went completely offline with my ps4. The latest update still just downloaded. I am not only user to report this. It just didn't auto install. So once jailbroken you can still manually delete via ftp which is great but be careful with active internet connections. Here's a scenario.

Ps4 has auto dl turned off and auto install turned off. Power surge. settings wiped. Sudden power off but not long enough to fully shut off ps4 just reboots for some reason. It finds internet upon power on and is now default settings. Auto downloads and installs update. I had a ps4 do something similar to this while I was fooling about. So during linux testing I had to try a reinitialization of the hd. What I didn't realize is when you do that settings get wiped and I had an active internet connection available via lan cable. Even though I skipped network config the ps4 still went ahead and grabbed an internet ip anyway and began the process of updating. Luckily I was aware and unplugged lan cable and ftp to delete update. From studying the switch it does similar sneaky things as well.

Welcome to the era of trusted computing.

TR_mahmutpek

medic
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
look sadly I will have to say no. I was like this before I went completely offline with my ps4. The latest update still just downloaded. I am not only user to report this. It just didn't auto install. So once jailbroken you can still manually delete via ftp which is great but be careful with active internet connections. Here's a scenario.

Ps4 has auto dl turned off and auto install turned off. Power surge. settings wiped. Sudden power off but not long enough to fully shut off ps4 just reboots for some reason. It finds internet upon power on and is now default settings. Auto downloads and installs update. I had a ps4 do something similar to this while I was fooling about. So during linux testing I had to try a reinitialization of the hd. What I didn't realize is when you do that settings get wiped and I had an active internet connection available via lan cable. Even though I skipped network config the ps4 still went ahead and grabbed an internet ip anyway and began the process of updating. Luckily I was aware and unplugged lan cable and ftp to delete update. From studying the switch it does similar sneaky things as well.

Welcome to the era of trusted computing.
Thx for info man. And I just bought a ps4 slim and opened.. ta da!! İts on 3.55 :D. Should I wait or update for jailbreaking? Also I can wait for piracy like 4 mounths cuz university exams:glare:

Ronhero

Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Thx for info man. And I just bought a ps4 slim and opened.. ta da!! İts on 3.55 :D. Should I wait or update for jailbreaking? Also I can wait for piracy like 4 mounths cuz university exams:glare:

Why would you wait? All development is on 4.05 right now, once a new public exploit is released you will update and so on.

Reactions: gamba66

momin

Trophies
XP
Country
Isen't it safer to leave a fake-upate file the directory? for not to download it again and just get an error message if accidentally it tries to get installed?

Ronhero

Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Thx for reply. I dont know, look to the nintendo switch scene, you should stay on lowest firmware as possible.

Yes then switch scene you should stay on 1.0 if possible. With the ps4 this is like a 1.0 switch. All development is being done on this firmware. In the future we hope to either have a full cfw for the ps4 and it will be built on the latest exploit, at the time 4.05 is the latest. If 4.06+ exploit comes out I'm sure everything will be ported over

Reactions: TR_mahmutpek

Dothackjhe

"Joker"
Trophies
Website
wroiters.wixsite.com
XP
Country
Philippines
Simply use OpenDNS,

Block all these adress :

ALWAYS BLOCK:
a01.cdn.update.playstation.org.edgesuite.net
a192.d.akamai.net
al02.cdn.update.playstation.net
api-p014.ribob01.net
apicdn-p014.ribob01.net
artcdnsecure.ribob01.net
asm.np.community.playstation.net
deu01.ps4.update.playstation.net
djp01.ps4.update.playstation.net
duk01.ps4.update.playstation.net
dus01.ps4.update.playstation.net
feu01.ps4.update.playstation.net
fuk01.ps4.update.playstation.net
fus01.ps4.update.playstation.net
get.net.playstation.net
playstation.sony.akadns.net
post.net.playstation.net
ps4-eb.ww.np.dl.playstation.net
ps4.updptl.sp-int.community.playstation.net
ps4updptl.eu.np.community.playstation.net
ps4updptl.jp.sp-int.community.playstation.net
sf.api.np.km.playstation.net
t-prof.np.community.playstation.net
themis.dl.playstation.net
tmdb.np.dl.playstation.net

Set DNS 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220 in your PS4 Ethenet or Wifi connection.

Make sure to update your ip to openDNS servers with OpenDNS Updater with a PC.

Each time you will try to update or the PS4 try to find a update you will get a error message :).

Has there not been an update to these DNS addresses?

Last edited by Dothackjhe,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: :(