Enkera

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi i'm generally new to the wii hacking scene,

i first updated my wii to 4.0E as i had no intention of hacking it,
i waited for Bannerbomb to be released and i used it with a HackMii install of HBC DVDx and BootMii,
next i found a guide to install cIOS when you had already updated to 4.0, and the cIOS rev 10 updater seems to work fine as well,
i then got the latest Waninkoko 1.5 SD/USB loader on my SD card and popped it in,
i partitioned one of my external HDD's to create a primary partition of 50GB and formatted it using AlexDP's tool,
i also loaded a PAL backup of MarioKart on it using AlexDP's tool,

I've been messing around all day now and everytime the SD/USB loader starts to read my HDD it will say:
"Mounting device please wait...
(30 second timeout)"
And do nothing, i dont have any other HDD's to try this with,
again i'm new to this and i believe i've tried my best to inform myself using google as i got this far,
any help here would be much appreciated
smile.gif

Enkera

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Enkera said:
Hi i'm generally new to the wii hacking scene,

i first updated my wii to 4.0E as i had no intention of hacking it,
i waited for Bannerbomb to be released and i used it with a HackMii install of HBC DVDx and BootMii,
next i found a guide to install cIOS when you had already updated to 4.0, and the cIOS rev 10 updater seems to work fine as well,
i then got the latest Waninkoko 1.5 SD/USB loader on my SD card and popped it in,
i partitioned one of my external HDD's to create a primary partition of 50GB and formatted it using AlexDP's tool,
i also loaded a PAL backup of MarioKart on it using AlexDP's tool,

I've been messing around all day now and everytime the SD/USB loader starts to read my HDD it will say:
"Mounting device please wait...
(30 second timeout)"
And do nothing, i dont have any other HDD's to try this with,
again i'm new to this and i believe i've tried my best to inform myself using google as i got this far,
any help here would be much appreciated
smile.gif

Update:
I used cIOS installer rev 9, this didn't solve the process, i tried another USB port, no luck,
i downgraded my wii to 2.0e, then installed cIOS rev 10, no result, rev 9, no result, 2 other usb loaders, no result,
now upgraded back to 4.0e using waninkoko's upgrader, installed cIOS blabla everything,

conclusion: it HAS to be the HDD, using another small usb stick doesn't make it timeout,
i ordered a 16GB usb flash key, let's see what happens next week or so..

watertails

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any way to install games that were patched with Waninkoko's backup creator (I think the one that was released at about the same time as his loader was leaked)? If you can't, is it possible to "unpatch" an .iso? That'd be pretty neat, although I doubt that you can.

Maybe someone should just yell at me to not run any more .isos through it, instead.

ChiboSempai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What are these game channels I'm seeing? And by that I mean like, in one of the WBFS managers I have, you can make a game channel from an ISO, and it gives me a boot dol for the HBC, but I don't understand what it does. When I tried it, all it did was boot the disc in my Wii.

I thought it was going to give me a wad that redirects to my USB drive automatically to boot that game, which would be quite helpful.

HAMMARZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question, I haven't done anything like this.

If I install the IOS35 rev 10, Will my Wii still be able to update/function normally?

Can I even do this if the Wii is updated?

pandora

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How exactly to I install USBloader GX as a channel? At the minute I'm launching it through the HBC, and I'd rather launch it from the Wii's menu using that pretty banner
smile.gif

Thanks.

overbound

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got backup loader and homebrew channels installed. I followed the tutorial exactly I am fairly certain. Anyway so I take my memorex dvd-r backup of exciteboxs put it in, start up backup loader and... black screen with a gamma logo and a little green icon at the bottom at which point I have to reset my power off my wii to get it off the screen. I believe this is the main page of Gamma but the menu doesn't ever load. Nothing else happens, my first thought was that I had a bad burn but the disc never seemed to spin and everyone else seems to be getting error messages with their bad burns I get nothing. What's that deal? Thanks in advance.

The Tutorial I Followed is Here.

dahun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i just got my usb hdd and games to work with my wii

the only problem is it seems to crash on me about 3 minuetes after i load the homebrew app. if i start the game it doesnt crash ive seen no problems (only punchout ive played). so since it crashes in 3 minuetes i can't install games onto my hdd. ive tried diffrent backup loaders and cios rev 9 and rev 10. and 2 diffrent sd cards. so its a hard drive problem im sure. im using wd anywere backup here is a link http://store.westerndigital.com/store/wdus.../catid.13093000

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
pandora said:
How exactly to I install USBloader GX as a channel? At the minute I'm launching it through the HBC, and I'd rather launch it from the Wii's menu using that pretty banner
smile.gif
Thanks.
Download the channel from the USB loader GX thread, it will be a wad file. Install it with the wad manager (with HBC)
If you use the forwarder channel, you still need the SD card and the boot.dol in SD:/apps/usbloader_gx
If you use the real channel, you don't need SD card inserted

overbound said:
I've got backup loader and homebrew channels installed. I followed the tutorial exactly I am fairly certain. Anyway so I take my memorex dvd-r backup of exciteboxs put it in, start up backup loader and... black screen with a gamma logo and a little green icon at the bottom at which point I have to reset my power off my wii to get it off the screen. I believe this is the main page of Gamma but the menu doesn't ever load. Nothing else happens, my first thought was that I had a bad burn but the disc never seemed to spin and everyone else seems to be getting error messages with their bad burns I get nothing. What's that deal? Thanks in advance.

The Tutorial I Followed is Here.
Install cIOSr9, even if you have r10, then try again
If you run it with a channel, try loading it with the HBC

QUOTE(dahun @ May 24 2009, 08:15 PM)
i just got my usb hdd and games to work with my wii

the only problem is it seems to crash on me about 3 minuetes after i load the homebrew app. if i start the game it doesnt crash ive seen no problems (only punchout ive played). so since it crashes in 3 minuetes i can't install games onto my hdd. ive tried diffrent backup loaders and cios rev 9 and rev 10. and 2 diffrent sd cards. so its a hard drive problem im sure. im using wd anywere backup here is a link http://store.westerndigital.com/store/wdus.../catid.13093000
Your HDD goes into standby after 3 minutes. I don't know how to disable standby, but you'll find the answer somewhere (if I remember correctly, WD has software to do it)
edit: this can help 2: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=146887 (if you format, make a backup of the games)

phillyrider807

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A couple of questions. Ok i knew about the usb loader for quite sometime but never came around to it cause frankly i didnt need to. Loading my bakcups from disks was fine for me. However now i think my laser is whooped. Even retail disks dont work anymore. And nintendo is charging me 85$ to fix. Bump that.

What i want to know about this usb loader is

Can you play online when loading from usb?
I don't have a external harddrive but i do have a 16gb thumb drive. Will this work?
I mainly play brawl+. Is there a way to load the codes if i load brawl through usb? Mind you the newest version of brawl+ requires gecko 1.9
I have already installed the usb 2.0 cios cause i needed it for mplayer. What else do i need besides the actual loader? Im on 3.2

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
phillyrider807 said:
Can you play online when loading from usb? yes
I don't have a external harddrive but i do have a 16gb thumb drive. Will this work? check this if its not there it still has a big chance of working
I mainly play brawl+. Is there a way to load the codes if i load brawl through usb? Mind you the newest version of brawl+ requires gecko 1.9 dunno if Brawl+ works, but USB loader has region free and ocarina build-in
I have already installed the usb 2.0 cios cause i needed it for mplayer. What else do i need besides the actual loader? Im on 3.2 install cIOS36r9 found here

I advice using the USB loader GX btw.

phillyrider807

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tj_cool said:
phillyrider807 said:
Can you play online when loading from usb? yes
I don't have a external harddrive but i do have a 16gb thumb drive. Will this work? check this if its not there it still has a big chance of working
I mainly play brawl+. Is there a way to load the codes if i load brawl through usb? Mind you the newest version of brawl+ requires gecko 1.9 dunno if Brawl+ works, but USB loader has region free and ocarina build-in
I have already installed the usb 2.0 cios cause i needed it for mplayer. What else do i need besides the actual loader? Im on 3.2 install cIOS36r9 found here

I advice using the USB loader GX btw.

Thanks alot! Is there a way to just put a iso from the computer onto the usb drive? Or is ripping from disk to drive the only way?

phillyrider807

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

sm32

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i'm using waninkoko's usb loader (+cfg) and i'm ripping a game -- i've ripped about 30 so far -- except something seems to be wrong with this one as it has been stuck at ETA: 4 minutes (it's now 2 minutes) for the past 2 hours. is there any harm in stopping the process or do i just need to wait it out for how many ever hours it may take?

also how should i stop it?

dahun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im sorry but i cant find the tool id doesnt seem like there is one

http://support.wdc.com/product/download.as...=89&lang=en

maybe im wrong but none of those seem right

"All WD external hard drives will spin down (enter into power saver mode) after 10 minutes of drive inactivity. Once the drive is accessed again, the drive will exit from the power saver mode and spin back up.

Please Note: This is a permanent feature of all our external hard drives and cannot be disabled."

found that on the website
frown.gif
i guess i could network dump then put it on hard drive from comp or could there be some work around

phillyrider807

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so how would i go about creating game channels? Is there a topic or something with already made channels? I only want one for brawl,tvc,and punchout.

dahun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
phillyrider807 said:
Ok so how would i go about creating game channels? Is there a topic or something with already made channels? I only want one for brawl,tvc,and punchout.

WBFS Manager 3.0 has an option to create a channel for the game

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's a shame some people's cake always resort to the same taste