• Views 512,457
  • Replies 3,809
  • Likes 6

nemesiszero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi guys quicky here i new to wii hacking i have a 4.0e and so far i install yafaze 4.0 softmod it all works fine just wonding ya know how i have installed wads, ios and cios files doing the softmod lets say there is a update in the future from big N can just update or will it brick my wii cause of wads, ios and cios files.
THANKS

or nother way of saying is: updating the wii to newer version will it install new ios files (overwriting the original and custom ones)

goku1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
looking to get rid of cioscorp(not working for me at the moment) and wanting to bring my wii back to a clean 3.2u,so i can start over ,no hack or any thing like that just store bought wii.

dahun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nemesiszero said:
hi guys quicky here i new to wii hacking i have a 4.0e and so far i install yafaze 4.0 softmod it all works fine just wonding ya know how i have installed wads, ios and cios files doing the softmod lets say there is a update in the future from big N can just update or will it brick my wii cause of wads, ios and cios files.
THANKS

or nother way of saying is: updating the wii to newer version will it install new ios files (overwriting the original and custom ones)

no nintendo doesnt patch the files its replaces them or adds new ones completely so there is 0 chance of brick but they could do it differently

and as always check here before updating

Gamemaster1379

Trophies
Website
1379tech.110mb.com
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I have a Western Digital 500 GB HDD (Not sure what model), and I formatted 100 Gigs of it into WBFS. The other 400 GB are still NTFS. I can install games to it, and all my other data is just fine...however, I cannot get my WBFS partition to be detected in any WBFS managers. How do I fix this?

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
nemesiszero said:
THANKS

Your IOS and cIOS have a big chance to get replaced, but that wont brick your wii
Your wads stay untouched

Scraggles said:
Question. Can I create a separate partition on my external had drive(500gb) and format that specific partition to WBFS?
Yes, you can choose which one to format to WBFS

QUOTE(goku1980 @ May 25 2009, 02:31 AM)
looking to get rid of cioscorp(not working for me at the moment) and wanting to bring my wii back to a clean 3.2u,so i can start over ,no hack or any thing like that just store bought wii.
"Downgrade" to 3.2 or install a clean 3.2, that should replace the cIOS by IOS again

solcott

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Kazakhstan
Read speed on backup via software loading = 3x

What is an estimate of the read speed via USB launchers on an electromechanical drive?
' ' via USB launchers on a flash drive or other solid state device?

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
LivingToDie said:
if i have a flashcard in my dsi and i go to the dsi-shop ... could nintendo see if i have a flashcard ?
and what if i remove it ?
Wrong board (this is for wii), but normally nintendo can't see it

QUOTE(solcott @ May 25 2009, 05:46 PM) Read speed on backup via software loading = 3x

What is an estimate of the read speed via USB launchers on an electromechanical drive?
' ' via USB launchers on a flash drive or other solid state device?
Depends on how fast you HDD is. Most HDD get better speeds than original discs (6X)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrzilwcNQ5E

solcott

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Kazakhstan
That's what I thought, but I didn't know if it would also be forced down to 3x speed because of the same reasons that software disc loading is forced to 3x :-)

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
solcott said:
That's what I thought, but I didn't know if it would also be forced down to 3x speed because of the same reasons that software disc loading is forced to 3x :-)
Thats cause you don't know (yet) how backup discs load:

The wii wad originally intended to play DVDs. On the last moment this function was deleted.
A backup is recognised by the wii as a normal DVD (this is why it doesn't play from the disc channel). WODs (Wii optical Discs) have some element called 'Burst cutting area'. This is how the wii knows its a Wii disc and thus plays it. Normal DVDs do NOT have this mark.

DVDs are played at a speed of 3x, so backup discs as well.

RedHero

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Just wondering something... I'm trying to help a guy to get his Wii to run games from an HDD, and he can't seem to manage to downgrade his Wii from firmware 4.0. Does it need to be downgraded, or should it be possible for him to use an USBloader without even downgrading at all?

solcott

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Kazakhstan
tj_cool said:
Thats cause you don't know (yet) how backup discs load:

The wii wad originally intended to play DVDs. On the last moment this function was deleted.
A backup is recognised by the wii as a normal DVD (this is why it doesn't play from the disc channel). WODs (Wii optical Discs) have some element called 'Burst cutting area'. This is how the wii knows its a Wii disc and thus plays it. Normal DVDs do NOT have this mark.

DVDs are played at a speed of 3x, so backup discs as well.
Actually, I did know that, what I didn't know was if the USB Loaders simply emulate a DVD being in the drive, or do something else :-)

(which is why I didn't know if they were forced to only be able to move data at a rate equivalent to 3x, I'm also one of those SoftCORP'ers who *does* use backups from the disc channel
tongue.gif
)

Another question to stay on topic here, is there any documentation around about WBFS listing things like maximum partition size and things like that?

hailfire753

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed the "USB Iso Loader GUI by dimok,nIxxx,cyrex et al", and installed several games. Only Wii play works. The other games flash the green screen, then stay at black indefinitely. Either I did not install the right cios/ios, or my hard drive has loading issues, or something. Wii Play is the smallest, so I thought maybe I just was not waiting long enough, but no matter how long I let the wii stay at that black screen, nothing happened. Help?

I upgraded to 4.0, and have preloader installed.

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
So with all the usb stuff, there isn't that much attention anymore for disc backup loaders. Still have a question about it though.
I'm about to softmod someone else's wii and it will be a disc loader for now (usb may come later). What is the currently most recent one?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: anyone