• Replies 3,813
  • Likes 6

TrainerAbu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you, sirs.

So I installed the latest Wakinko r19 thingy on default settings and stuff, and when I run Monster Hunter Tri from my HDD, it freezes at the begining (the only thing I got to see in the game was the intro movie) :X.

How do I fix Monster Hunter Tri freezing?

Is it better to use Wakinko or w/e's thingy or Hemes' thingy ;3~? by thingy I mean w/e it is, custom cIOSes or umm w/e they were actually called again, but ya

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TrainerAbu said:
Thank you, sirs.

So I installed the latest Wakinko r19 thingy on default settings and stuff, and when I run Monster Hunter Tri from my HDD, it freezes at the begining (the only thing I got to see in the game was the intro movie) :X.

How do I fix Monster Hunter Tri freezing?

Is it better to use Wakinko or w/e's thingy or Hemes' thingy ;3~? by thingy I mean w/e it is, custom cIOSes or umm w/e they were actually called again, but ya

the latest Wanini is cIOS v20.....

.whatever you use (Wanin or Hermes), it'll need IOS37 as a base....v19 (cIOS249/250) should work so long as you used 37 as a base (although base 56 works as well, at least for me)....hermes v4 (cIOS223) will also work if bases 38+37 is used at install....

then...have your USBLoader point to that IOS to load the game.....

also, there are about 10million posts on here about this, do some searching if you can't get it figured out.....

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm looking to do a softmod for the first time. I've been checking out the stickies in both the Wii Hacking forums and Backup Loaders forums. I'm not sure what the differences are. In the Hacking forum, there's a thread instructing you on how to get started with a softmod. In this forum, there's a thread about getting started with backup loaders. Is this essentially the same process? Where should I start. Basically, I want to use the homebrew channel, play VC/WiiWare backups, as well as disc backups if possible. I would like to do that without any physical modifications to the system.

Thanks

MmmmSteak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi, trying to run gamecube backups

got the package here: http://dl.qj.net/download/gamecube-backup-launcher-02.html
going a little further i think i found some source in a folder named 0000001, which i put on my root for s&g's

trying to run mios patcher and despite what i choose i get connected to the internet then "hash bad" and hbc restarts itself. Possible I have a much older version installed, tried removing every option and everything is hash bad.

gc backup launcher goes green screen and reboots to hbc
neogamma recognize both iso's on the disc and an extra option for the multi layer

trying to run baten kaitos origins, burned both discs to one dvd-r and its not booting (have booted wii games on identical discs). Used Wiikit.exe i think it was called, to combine the iso's into a single, then burned with imgburn

edit: add also i've run pimp my wii and it only upgraded ios15. I'm able to run usb and dvd wii backups through neogamma and uloader, wads work fine as do retail gc games ~:-/

halp nothing is working =D

Shadic

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
shadic.fleepa.net
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I'm having troubles with the PAL Version of Pokepark Wii Pikachu's Adventure. I'm using the newest version of Configurable USB Loader, running v4 (I think) of Herme's cIOS222 or whatever, and I'm getting a hang-up right after the strap-loader. I've run PAL games before (NSMBWii), and MHTri works, so I'm not really sure what's wrong... Didn't know Pokepark would have additional anti-piracy.

Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.

VLinh

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is it possible to run games of a Micro-SD card attached to a micro usb stick? imma try it, but my guess would be no?

becker2384

Trophies
Website
myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
I soft-modded my Wii for my kids AWHILE back. Last time I tried to make it current it flipped my Homebrew channel and I couldn't get it fixed. Now the kids have been begging for a few new games, I went out and got Mario Galaxy 2, but I'm light in the wallet with Xmas comming up.

Could someone direct me to a thread or two that will walk me threw making it current to now? Sorry for my Noobishness but last time I tried to do it myself left my homebrew channel messed up

madeirabhoy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
my drive is formatted as wbfs at the minute. i am going to move my games onto another drive as the older drive is making strange noises and i think its nackered.

i always thought that having my drive as ntfs or fat meant i had to convert the games to .wbfs so i didnt bother.

however ive just read in a guide that i can put IOS files directly on a fat32 (as long as they are small) or NTFS.

is that right?

if so is there any real downside, if i use usbloader gx, to me having the drive as ntfs if i can just stick everything on it?
my computer is a mac but i have an ntfs driver installed, and i can reboot into windows xp.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My HDD should arrive today, and I want to make sure I'm up and running properly. My system has been softmodded for about a month now, and I've been tinkering with various homebrew software and whatnot. I intend on formatting the drive with FAT32, so that I can maintain flexibility with regards to HDD usage. I'm guessing I'll have to use something like Wii Back-up Manager and/or WBFS Manager to bring files over to the HDD from my PC, but I want to be clear on how to load WiiWare wads from the HDD. What method is required in order to load those direct from the HDD?

Thanks

P.S. -- Can someone also instruct me on how to download game covers within CFG USB Loader?

Ato Puro

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey guys. I got ill on May 2009 and have been unable to leave the house (or do anything else while in it, except sleep or stay sit on my bed) since then. This month I started feeling like I could play video games again, but I'm totally lost. I'm with 3.2u and I want to load my friends backups from HDD but I don't know from where to start. I see many tutorials/guides, but some are a year old, some are from April this year, and I'm not completely cured to be able to read THAT many pages. So, I just would like some pointers. Something like: first, get HB channel, for that Wii version, you should search for ZZZZ. Then, the newer cIOS is XXXX. Get that one. Most reliable USB Loaders has been YYYY, etc.

Or simply answer me this: the "Configureable USB Loader" thread has everything I need? Should I follow it, line by line, I will eventually get my backups running until next month? (Remember, I can't do much per day)

I'm sorry to sound so lazy, but I'm still ill, can't leave the house, can't finish college, and can barely spend 1hr (split in 4 times) in front of the PC a day. The video game is supposed to help me "forget the world" and simply have fun (so I can also forget my illness) for a couple of minutes. I'm no newbie to come ask "do this for me, please!?". I'm simply asking for help, because I can't read so many pages and find out what is working and what's not (if I was to do this -- and I considered it -- I know I won't be playing my old Wii January, next year). Also, do not think I'm using an illness as an excuse. Sorry, it got too long. But it's far easier to write a dozen lines than read half dozen.

I'll appreciate any word of advice.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Mmmmmm..... well to load backups from an HDD you need teh latest cIOS from either Hermes or Waninkoko, better if you install both as some games will only work with hermes's merged 37/56 (or 58....don't remember), and then just run the CFG Loader, I bet you already have homebrew channel installed and any cIOS from the past bakcup loaders, that is all you need to do...!!

VLinh

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ive just bought some memorex DVD-R discs today, and when i inserted into my computer, my book type appears as DVD-R. Now Ive been hearing that it has to be DVD-ROM for the games to work.

Is there something i need to do??

Thanks!

astr0z0mb1e

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello - quick question.

My question is this. I have installed Wiiflow & used a 8GB SD card to add a game via WBFS Manager & it works fine. I am going to buy a WD HDD 320GB element & want to add my games on there [still have the ISOs].

I have read that WBFS is old news & I should use FAT32. I have tried to search out a guide/tutorial, but I want to know how do I add my existing ISO's to the HDD. Do I need to create a folder after I format the entire HDD to FAT32.

Thank you.

boof222

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Twoacross said:
Ive just bought some memorex DVD-R discs today, and when i inserted into my computer, my book type appears as DVD-R. Now Ive been hearing that it has to be DVD-ROM for the games to work.

Is there something i need to do??

Thanks!
Nah those discs sould probably work fine.

Sao Mortel

Trophies
Website
shoptemp.com
XP
Country
Canada
astr0z0mb1e said:
Hello - quick question.

My question is this. I have installed Wiiflow & used a 8GB SD card to add a game via WBFS Manager & it works fine. I am going to buy a WD HDD 320GB element & want to add my games on there [still have the ISOs].

I have read that WBFS is old news & I should use FAT32. I have tried to search out a guide/tutorial, but I want to know how do I add my existing ISO's to the HDD. Do I need to create a folder after I format the entire HDD to FAT32.

Thank you.
You need to put your games folders in /wbfs folder

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, everything almost double nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    But I could go to Aldis and get a cookie pie for like $4
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or use your new cooking pan and make some, don't mind the Old leftover foods mixed in.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just eat plain flour around cops
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    thats Gluten abuse, they would shoot you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends on the color chart
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wheat flour has a lower chance at survival
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Isn't wheat flour the whitest of the white?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Rye would get shot at sight.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends
    img_5941-1.jpeg
    everyone mixing their flour now days
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That's whole wheat, right? Because all purpose flour is also made from wheat.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm not a flour expert I just snort it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There also is black rice flour, and its really black colored
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Bruh that's gray.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's ancientboi color
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    You need to add some activated charcoal.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've seen some that are dark dark, my wifey uses it sometimes in her bs recipes
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Cool.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Seems like your wifey likes hers black. :creep:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "BS" stands for "Bowel Scraping" because that's what whole grain does.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been eating honey wheat bread scrumptious
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    https://a.co/d/9xDkOHc lol living on the edge
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/9xDkOHc lol living on the edge