Hacking r4i gold R4 4.0b2 firmware

DAZA

Shaun's Mum
OP
Trophies
XP
Hi

Im looking for the r4i gold + 4.0b2 firmware... their site links to filetrip and it is a dead link and several searches later leads me to a dead end

Im at the point now where i need that launcher file to progress further!

Any light shed on where i can get the file from would help loads!!!!

Thanks in advance

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi

Im looking for the r4i gold + 4.0b2 firmware... their site links to filetrip and it is a dead link and several searches later leads me to a dead end

Im at the point now where i need that launcher file to progress further!

Any light shed on where i can get the file from would help loads!!!!

Thanks in advance
If it's a R4i Gold Plus aka r4ids.cn use woodr4

Shadow#1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

I am using woodr4 but looking at the instructions on their website further down its asking for the launcher.dat file so i can be able to view and use other files lol

so u have a 3ds bricking R4i Gold 3DS Deluxe Edition?

DAZA

Shaun's Mum
OP
Trophies
XP
hi

Sorry im trying to be careful of use of words and terms not to make it to obvious lol
http://www.r4ids.cn/r4ids-e.htm

ok, i have followed the first set of instructions ending in using the script to clean the SD card.. that all went ok!

Now im on the part below it to use woods r4 kernel, i have that and on the SD card for the flashcart, it asks when booted to go into the 3ds setup which i have done but i cant find the firmware 4.02b anywhere so i cant load the launcher.dat file its asking for which leads me to asking for it now..

Unless there is another way or method to load the games i need that file (i cant currently see them on the SD card), but no matter how much i search i cant find it because it goes back to 2014... like i said there may be a whole new method to load 3ds games...

Shadow#1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi

Sorry im trying to be careful of use of words and terms not to make it to obvious lol
http://www.r4ids.cn/r4ids-e.htm

ok, i have followed the first set of instructions ending in using the script to clean the SD card.. that all went ok!

Now im on the part below it to use woods r4 kernel, i have that and on the SD card for the flashcart, it asks when booted to go into the 3ds setup which i have done but i cant find the firmware 4.02b anywhere so i cant load the launcher.dat file its asking for which leads me to asking for it now..

Unless there is another way or method to load the games i need that file (i cant currently see them on the SD card), but no matter how much i search i cant find it because it goes back to 2014... like i said there may be a whole new method to load 3ds games...
Post a picture of the flashcart u have

DAZA

Shaun's Mum
OP
Trophies
XP
Post a picture of the flashcart u have
20171111922192034472.jpg

DAZA

Shaun's Mum
OP
Trophies
XP
ok, can you explain why i cant use it on my 2dsXL and as its not possible what software i would use to recognise and load the 3ds titles (.cia).. thankyou

Shadow#1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, can you explain why i cant use it on my 2dsXL and as its not possible what software i would use to recognise and load the 3ds titles (.cia).. thankyou
CFW to install .cia and your flashcart is a ds mode flashcart only

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
.cia files have to be installed to your 3DS SD card using FBI, and FBI cannot be used until you install CFW. You can install CFW by using the instructions at http://3ds.guide.

While there are flashcarts that work for 3DS games, they are uncommon, expensive, poorly-supported, and offer no real advantage compared to installing CFW.

DAZA

Shaun's Mum
OP
Trophies
XP
.cia files have to be installed to your 3DS SD card using FBI, and FBI cannot be used until you install CFW. You can install CFW by using the instructions at http://3ds.guide.

While there are flashcarts that work for 3DS games, they are uncommon, expensive, poorly-supported, and offer no real advantage compared to installing CFW.

Hi, i think i misunderstood how the flashcart worked. i assumed it used the standard fucntion like i did with the old ds games and boot directly like that.

I have used ntrboot from my flashcart, gone through the whole process of that with no errors (via the r4ids website guide) so all boot9strap, luma, homebrew is done etc.. and i thought you could boot the games directly from the flashcard SD, so now i know that i dont do that i need to expand the 2DS memory card and figure out how i install the games to the device via FBI, the only other thing i didnt do is give the 2ds online access so it wont do luna updater at the min

I do appreciate the advice and i understand it a lot better now

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpKJyCeQck4