Hacking R4i SDHC - Weird Problem with Pokemon B/W/B2/W2 ROM's

dpad_5678

Ape weak on own. Ape strong in unity.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll cut the shit: I've been trying to load many different Pokemon B/W/B2/W2 ROM's today, with no luck. When I start a new game, and tell Prof. Junipter my gender, it says I'd like to know your name. Please tell me. I press (A) and it just gets stuck. The music still plays properly, but visually, the game is frozen, and the keyboard to type in my name never pops ups. My current method to load these ROM's is Start R4 => TTMenu.nds => YSMenu.nds. Whether I load the ROM from TTMenu or YSMenu, I still encounter the same issue.

This is very strange. I've been at this all day. Any help is greatly appreciated. :)

Yerkz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have the same problem when I try to use YSMenu, but these games works perfectly if you use the original kernel (which one you can download on the official R4i SDHC site).
I'd like to use YSMenu too because there are some reports telling that the original kernel is like a time bomb because it'll softbrick the R4 making you buy another one.

dpad_5678

Ape weak on own. Ape strong in unity.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the same problem when I try to use YSMenu, but these games works perfectly if you use the original kernel (which one you can download on the official R4i SDHC site).
I'd like to use YSMenu too because there are some reports telling that the original kernel is like a time bomb because it'll softbrick the R4 making you buy another one.
I've tried the OFW and I get various error codes (loadrom errcode=codegoeshere). Could you send me your R4.dat and R4i en file/folder?

Yerkz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Sure, I'm gonna send you a PM with the files, but you should try to format your SD card with SDFormatter, selecting the full overwrite on format type option and turn on format size adjustment too

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol