Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
warior said:
there is unofficial version of r4ysauto for dstt 1.17a07 and it can be easily changed to work with dstt 1.17a12, at least i made my YMenu DSTT V1.17a12 this way.

can post it here if anyone needs it.
Already uploaded another unofficial version for DSTT v1.17a12.

http://filetrip.net/file.php?id=9002

As always, credits go to Maikel Steneker for making it possible.

Cougar_II

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi,

Thank you Thank you !

The firmware is actually in one of the .7z files that comes with R4Yauto and NOT in the YMENU00000.zip

I updated all my R4 cards, thank you !

Now I know Yasu doesn't need to update anything if a new DSTT Firmware is released again, just someone that updates the .7z file in R4Yauto
smile.gif

dlj23

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi,

i just recently came across this and i tried it. I have an R4 and used option 4 to make it like another .nds file. I put it in the root directory and was able to load YSMenu fine.

I tried the Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story and there was no difference, it gets stuck when choosing save file in the start menu. What am i missing? I downloaded the YSMenu from the main site, i got the latest. I put that in the folder where i extracted the R4YSauto and ran the batch.

Thanks.

Cougar_II

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi,

Make sue you use the R4YAuto from here: http://filetrip.net/file.php?id=9002

And not the one from the forum.

Only the above has the updated firmware it in !

I used Option #1 and #3 for a friend, and both of then will display v117a12 in the right bottom corner, this will confirm you are using the very last firmware.

razuraw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
done all the steps when it says now gengerating files but i keep getting error dldi-head not found press any key to exit, should just ignore this error and carry on or have i done somthing wrong?

lightyear

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I absolutely hate the fact that YS menu isn't available anywhere except on that stupid Japanese page...it drives me insane!!!! WTF makes anyone think I know how to speak Japanese?? Every time I got there it takes me 30 minutes to find the damn link. can't someone just freakin' mirror it already? damn!!

Hotzdevil

Trophies
XP
Country
India
@ lightyear well none of us want the original creator of YSMenu to stop doing his work and allowing people to enjoy it.. hence we have to respect his wishes.. if you check the 1st page of this thread you can clearly see that it doesn't take you more than 5 minutes after you get on Yasu's website to get the necessary data..

On a side note @ Depravo hey i was kinda wondering i get the same error message while creating the YSMenu file using the files you have uploaded "the DLDI-head error" thingy and only now i realised that i M&L:BIS goes to a white screen using your version of YSMenu, so is there anyway to prevent the error from happening??

lightyear

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hotzdevil said:
@ lightyear well none of us want the original creator of YSMenu to stop doing his work and allowing people to enjoy it.. hence we have to respect his wishes.. if you check the 1st page of this thread you can clearly see that it doesn't take you more than 5 minutes after you get on Yasu's website to get the necessary data.
Yeah, it does.....after 45 minute search through a Japanese site to find the damn files....what the hell is so hard about posting it in the english part of the site too???? I couldn't care less about his feelings, because he obviously doesn't care about making our lives any easier. The only reason he created the software, as far as I can see, is so he could be cocky & bogart it as much as possible. Don't get me wrong, it's a great menu, and has amazing compatibility....but talk about cocky!!!

I've completed the setup guide & uploaded the pre-compiled zip so all you've got to do is extract it to your R4 card....couldn't care less if he doesn't want it uploaded like that...maybe he should do it himself then.

megaman007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually I believe Yasu has already stopped developing his custom firmware. Since that one R4 clone shipped it's product with YSMenu code embedded in their firmware, he has not released a new update. Think about it, in the last 9 months others have come up with hacks to support 1meg saves with his firmware and other workarounds to keep up with the latest games. Yet, he has not released any updated versions. Something is up with that, and I'm blaming the c*cksmokers who stole his code and shipped it on their product.

lightyear, learn to use your browser's 'find on page' option. It's really now that difficult to quickly find the link. geez

lightyear

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's because he's an asshole about releasing his code!! Had he not guarded it with a kung-fu death grip and slept with it under his pillow at night then maybe it would have been less desirable to steal it & do with it whatever you'd like. Maybe then people would have backed off & respected his wishes. I've already got YS menu done & all set up thanks to the steps in another thread I found....if anyone would like the link, I've got one with the files all set up so you can just extract it to your R4sd and it will run YSmenu
wink.gif
...not sdhc (doesn't work on hc cards)

And can you guess why I've uploaded the pre-compiled YSmenu? Not because I hate the fact that someone has created it and I feel the need to betray them.....simply because of Yasu's kung-fu death grip on the software.

megaman007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You needed steps? WTF is so somplicated about extracting one zip file, placing another zip file inside the extracted folder, then clicking on a batch file and following the simple on screen instructions? Like it's really that complicated to type En, R4, Yes, 1 or whatever it asks you to pick from. Even a retard with drool running down his chin could figure that out on his own.
blink.gif

oh, and nice move releasing someone else work against their wishes. Don't forget to write him a letter explaining how you like to throw rocks at glass windows and belive the works of others are yours to do as you wish, because you're a rebel.
lecture.gif

cb9983

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there anyway to get the ysmenu custom firmware to work on r4 clones at all? Namely a r4 III upgrade sdhc?Would i have to compile the cfw myself?Or is it just impossible?

megaman007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, silly question time. Are the weekly updated savlib & infolib files for DSTT (http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=164807) fully compatible with the unofficial DSTT 1.17a12 + YSMenu for R4DS? I guess it's safe to assume it is, correct?

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
megaman007 said:
OK, silly question time. Are the weekly updated savlib & infolib files for DSTT (http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=164807) fully compatible with the unofficial DSTT 1.17a12 + YSMenu for R4DS? I guess it's safe to assume it is, correct?
yes

folderol4

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an R4 clone called R4i that supports SDHC. The YSMenu loads perfectly, however it does not support my native DLDI type "R4i". I get this error when trying to load any nds files "Usupported DLDI name". Is there a way for me to update the supported DLDI name list to include R4i or is this something I will have to wait in an update of YSMenu?

Cougar_II

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
folderol4 said:
I have an R4 clone called R4i that supports SDHC. The YSMenu loads perfectly, however it does not support my native DLDI type "R4i". I get this error when trying to load any nds files "Usupported DLDI name". Is there a way for me to update the supported DLDI name list to include R4i or is this something I will have to wait in an update of YSMenu?

I read on a few sites that YMenu will NOT work with the R4i Card.

Go here, and download the latest v1.15b firmware.

http://www.r4i-sdhc.com/downloade.asp

I have a friend who also boug this R4i card and v1.14b (at the time) worked great on this card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: lorelei from pokemon is so fuckin bad bro