Hacking R4YSauto

pisosse

Trophies
XP
Country
OK problem!
wacko.gif

used r4ysauto to patch the YSMenu0903211700 for my original r4d. used xp from bootcamp on mac osx. I chose the first option of using this as firmware and got a didl header error. I've put it on the sd card and powered the ndsl up and ... nothing

Now it's dead

the screens a dead black even tho the power lights green, with or without card in the slot.

have I killed it?

I know that I've messed up myself by choosing the 1 option and trying out the path even tho i got the didl header error..

but darn it's all dead! arrgh..

edit:

HURRAAYY.. it just needed a break. it operational now

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The dldi error always happens with the newer unofficial DSTT firmwares. Just ignore it. It happens because the unofficial DSTT firmwares are not compatible with the dldi extracting tools. I 'fixed' it by including a working dldi file from a previous version of YSMenu. Besides, the dldi file is only needed for homebrew software. ROMs work fine with or without it.

lightyear

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
R4YSauto sucks!!!! The compatibility is shotty, and it's still technically running on Moonshell. If anyone would like OFFICIAL YS, precompiled for official R4 (not clones), please PM me & I'll send a link. It's all set up so all you've got to do is extract it to your micro SD card & run it....just like moonshell. It's compiled with the latest YS menu.

It only works on standard official R4 cards, and only if you can run OFFICIAL moonshell. Doesn't run on R4 SDHC!!!!

Aeter

A walking contradiction
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
lightyear said:
R4YSauto sucks!!!! The compatibility is shotty, and it's still technically running on Moonshell. If anyone would like OFFICIAL YS, precompiled for official R4 (not clones), please PM me & I'll send a link. It's all set up so all you've got to do is extract it to your micro SD card & run it....just like moonshell. It's compiled with the latest YS menu.

It only works on standard official R4 cards, and only if you can run OFFICIAL moonshell. Doesn't run on R4 SDHC!!!!

There also is an unofficial update of R4YSAuto that has better compatibility.
It's still Maikel's program but it was modified a little bit by MarioWaza and now it has better compatibility.
Also contains updated infolib.dat, savlib.dat and extinfo.dat.
You can download it here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?nd4tezgmyhl

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
drwhojan said:
Dter ic said:
NEW kernal update
http://filetrip.net/file.php?id=9491
ps:it isn''t a new 1.17a13 but 1.17a12 SP2

laugh.gif

smile.gif

Nice one, But dose any know what games are fixed with this new version ?
The only change was the addition of denieru7's latest infolib so no games are fixed but 'Sands of Destruction' loads a little bit quicker. I've updated the version I uploaded to include this and also the latest temporary cheat database. It'll probably get confusing if there is more than one 'unofficial' r4YSauto floating about on FileTrip.

shamiko_

~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
lightyear said:

if this is true,then the whole of gbatemp(apart from a few) wouldn't bother using R4YSAUTO
btw you can't make prepacked versions of ysmenu

DuskIzanagi

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok,I tried it,Here's a resume of what i have done

-Downloaded YSmenu
-Downloaded YSauto
-Extracted the files as a replacement to the firmware
-Put the only folder(TTMenu) on my SD
-LOADING... forever...

How can I get through it?

I'm using a R4 clone called "R4i SDHC gold"

delete12345

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DuskIzanagi said:

-Downloaded YSmenu
-Downloaded YSauto
-LOADING... forever...

You need to search very hard in the unsorted R4DS forums. There's a thread telling us that YSmenu is for the official R4 card only; Clones of R4 can never run YSmenu, however YSauto can run in any clones (Or was it the other way around?). Trust me, I did this part two days ago, and I realized this after extensive searching.

I wondered if there's a better way of searching here.

DuskIzanagi

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
delete12345 said:
DuskIzanagi said:

-Downloaded YSmenu
-Downloaded YSauto
-LOADING... forever...

You need to search very hard in the unsorted R4DS forums. There's a thread telling us that YSmenu is for the official R4 card only; Clones of R4 can never run YSmenu, however YSauto can run in any clones (Or was it the other way around?). Trust me, I did this part two days ago, and I realized this after extensive searching.

I wondered if there's a better way of searching here.

So you are saying that YSMenu does not work on a R4 clone?
THAT IS IT! I'm buying an Acekard, or EDGE DS or wathever I can find! I'm tired of this!

HeirToPendragon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I'm kind of new to doing these mods so if I say something really stupid, please bear with.

Anyway, I am using a true R4 for my DS. YSMenu is working just fine, but I am having one problem. How do I get it to run .gba roms? Those that I have talked to said that it should run them automatically, but when I try and run my english dub of Mother 3, the system tells me that there is "No flash cartridge in slot2".

How can I solve this?

Thanks for your help.

laxman0220

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You need a slot 2 device,,it says ysmenu can run gba roms, but what they mean is that you can run GBA roms directly from ysmenu if u have a slot 2 attatched

Toyeboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok having a problem with this R4YSauto...can't even get it to creat a ysmenu.zip

the r4.bat file is going through the extraction process it asks me if it wants me to overright the files so i say "always" and it does, then I get a message saying..
"an error has occured when extracting the neccessary files. Please check if there is enough free disk space on the disk and if the program has access to the disk>"

i have no clue what it's talking about there is plenty of disk space???

Toyeboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Toyeboy said:
ok having a problem with this R4YSauto...can't even get it to creat a ysmenu.zip

the r4.bat file is going through the extraction process it asks me if it wants me to overright the files so i say "always" and it does, then I get a message saying..
"an error has occured when extracting the neccessary files. Please check if there is enough free disk space on the disk and if the program has access to the disk>"

i have no clue what it's talking about there is plenty of disk space???

No ideas??

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @The Real Jdbye Wouldn't that take out bunch other stuff also?
  • D @ dadadad:
    Is it safe to delete the entire atmosphere folder? I don't remember what else was there, like edizon and tesla menu are installed through atmosphere, is it not a problem, will I not damage the system? There were too many mods, I won’t be able to contact each one, nothing was said about deleting in the description.
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @BigOnYa nothing that can't easily be replaced
    +1
    @dadadad no don't do that
    that will reset the configs
  • Arne214 @ Arne214:
    where can i find a clean copy of the mii maker for the wii u (EU)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Arne214, We don't ask for roms.
    +2
  • D @ dadadad:
    The installation was only through rofms and in the game folder in content. What else can I do?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I already told them about that and yet they make a thread
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Well I'm sure the mods will take care of it.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Reminds me of that one Spanish guy who was in here a week or so ago, that wouldn't translate their messages.
  • Arne214 @ Arne214:
    ok sry
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I don't remember him
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @SylverReZ Si means yes, no means maybe
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Arne214, it's fine but dont ask for roms here again
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, I only know very little Spanish, haven't done it in 5 years lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, que tan poco?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I took 3 years of Spanish in high school, ages ago but don't remb most of it. Like they say, if you don't use it, you lose it.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, A bit. I only know greetings and some other parts. Its quite an easy language to learn.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    But I don't remember most of it.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, easy to learn despite having some relatively complex rules
    +1
  • D @ dadadad:
    Should I just accept that I won't play this game anymore, or is there a way to solve this problem?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    For some reason I remember a bunch of swear words tho, lol
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, cuz we swear more than talk normally i guess
    +2
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lol