Hacking Random11's Credit Card Sized amiibo cards

littleoz2

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I just stuck the vinyl on and used a xacto blade to trim around the pvc card. No extra finishing needed. The PVC cards were the standard glossy kind.

With the shipping labels... because they were paper and thus more pulpy I did sand the edges very very slightly after cutting just to smooth out some of the pulp. But for vinyl I wouldnt suggest sanding.

Sounds good, thank you for all the help! Love your designs as well!

I shall post on here how it goes, thank you again!

littleoz2

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just found out my work has a Dye Sublimation printer I can use!!
Is it still advised to keep the bleed area for these printers? or could I print the entire image?
Thank you for the amazing designs!

Random11

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just found out my work has a Dye Sublimation printer I can use!!
Is it still advised to keep the bleed area for these printers? or could I print the entire image?
Thank you for the amazing designs!
I have never used that kind of printer so I don’t know what the appropriate answer is. But some things to consider:

If you are going to use that printer to print directly on the cards, then whether or not you should use a bleed would depend on if the printer would get messed up if it tried printing in an area where there is no card (ie the bleed area)

You could set up a jimmy for the card, that way the ink that would print in the bleed sections would get printed on that instead of getting printed in mid air. But the printer may be smart enough to know where the card is, or it might just not be an issue at all.

I also made the images to have pretty big bleeds. Which you don’t need. 1mm-2mm should be good enough. I say this because the printer may have size constraints for bleeds. So you may want to look into that.

Basically if your printer supports it, yes you would still want the bleed. Otherwise when it’s printing any slight miss alignment between the card and the printer head could leave some edges remaining unprinted (ie showing the white card underneath). Unless you don’t care about that.

If you are using that printer to print onto vinyl. Definitely yes, keep the bleed.

Unreal_Pesh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi, I know its probably been a while since you updated this thread, but you wouldn't happen to be doing a Young Link update at all?
Love your pics, so came here first :)
Thanks

FanboyKilla

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello can you post the card of young link please thank you

Someone posted a Playing Card version in THIS POST. I converted it into a CR80 version.

Young-Link-CR80.png

Last edited by FanboyKilla,
Reactions: neoskyriper

FanboyKilla

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was intentional. That's how the official box art looks.

amiibo_SuperSmashBros_YoungLink_pkg_png_jpgcopy-736x1024.jpg

Oh yeah I see. Hmm definitely not feeling the white, but I understand your reason for sticking with the box design.

BTW, you posted the Playing Card sized card here in the Credit Card sized thread.

Random11

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh yeah I see. Hmm definitely not feeling the white, but I understand your reason for sticking with the box design.

BTW, you posted the Playing Card sized card here in the Credit Card sized thread.

no, thats the right size. It has a bleed area that is meant to be cut off.

Random11

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So it has come to my attention that GBATemp has gone through some of my older uploaded images and compressed them heavily. I assume to free up server space. I didn't want to do this originally but I have uploaded all of my images to mega.nz where you can now download them.

FanboyKilla

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So it has come to my attention that GBATemp has gone through some of my older uploaded images and compressed them heavily. I assume to free up server space. I didn't want to do this originally but I have uploaded all of my images to mega.nz where you can now download them.

Good call!

BTW, did you ever upload the Credit Card Template of the SSB Series? I could have sworn it was there at one point in time but all I see is the Playing Card version.

Elranzer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all. I made a common back image that I use with all of my credit card sized Amiibo cards. There's both an all-grayscale and one with the officially-colored Amiibo logo.

It's based on the bottom of the Amiibo base disc. The big gray spot in the middle is large enough to fit an NTAG215 circular sticker on it (or behind it).

Imgur upload: (in case GBAtemp compresses these images)

Attachments

• Amiibo-Back-Color.png
    Amiibo-Back-Color.png
    54.4 KB · Views: 215
  • Amiibo-Back-Gray.png
    Amiibo-Back-Gray.png
    51.9 KB · Views: 147
Last edited by Elranzer,
Reactions: Random11

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: I always thought that capcom shuffled the games in these collection, but apparently they are all...