Not open for further replies.

Cermage

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
now this is really giving me the shits. Everytime i see a noob come along and say something along the lines of " OMG I HAS A BIG PROBLEMSSSSSS, MY THINGY IS SCREWED AND ITS REALLY SHIT, OH LEMME SAY THAT AGAIN THE THING ITSELF IS SHIT" when the damn thing they are having a problem with is either a) a simple fix or b) they are doing it wrong. The amount of times i have seen this, not just here but many many forum sites as well, is an amazing number. I mean Seriously what is so hard about pressing the search and typing a few words in, or simply googling your problems. THERE IS NO NEED TO RUN INTO A GENERAL FORUM AND YELL "I HAVE A PROBLEMSSS" WITH ALL CAPS. AS YOU CAN SEE IT GETS A LITTLE ANNOYING AFTER AWHILE. Is it so hard? i mean seriously, there should be something to stop people from doing this, like monkeys that come out of your monitor and scratch you in the face or something. By the time you finish writing a post describing your problem and the fact you have zero to none experience with the item you are trying to get to work you could have typed your problem into google, found a solution and fixed it. If you don't find a solution within 10 or so minutes of searching, then post.

Another thing which annoys the shit out of me is the little tolerance and patience people have. OMG IT DOESN'T WORK ITS SHIT AND IM TELLING EVERYONE ITS SHIT. What is so hard about spending the extra few minutes to read the manual, guide or various posts around the internet for getting things to work. It gets worse when that person begins to tell everyone else that the thing is a piece of shit with the little experience they have with it or with the warnings they have recieved about certain products/services and they still start preaching to everyone that thing is shit. just because you experienced it badly doesn't mean the product/service is shit, there is a much wider world/many more people than your little world which is centered around you.

I know im not the first to rant about noobs but honestly what is so hard to go to the extra effort and actually solve things yourself. There is such a thing called "doing it yourself"

[/rant]

klown07

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
what also is really annoying is when they spell the as "teh" its not cool, its not "l33t" its retarded, and ANNOYING!! And I agree with using the search and google or "your favorite search engine" I mean, I started out a complete dunce and computer noob. I eventually taught myself how to burn, crack, hack, torrent, and this and that all by googling and reading. LOTS of reading mind you, but it pays off. I just burned hellboy 2 on dvd with english subtitles hardcoded, I'm hearing disabled, and am downloading Lost Boys 2, which recently released online. and patching roms, and updating my cheat.dat database, and etc etc, you get the point? Bottom line, at least try to use proper grammar if not spelling, when possible, and don't ask dumb questions that could be answered if you just did a bit of searching.

martin88

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
A recent article on PCWorld says that an average consumer spend only about 20 minutes trying to get a new tech product to work. If they can't get it to work, they return it.

Some people just don't have the patience.

PizzaPasta

Son of p1ngpong
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
klown07 said:
what also is really annoying is when they spell the as "teh" its not cool...

haha, I do that all the time but it's usually a typo. The ironic thing about that is when I seldomly try to type "teh" I get "the" as a typo.

Defiance

oh my god.. it's full of trading cards...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
klown07 said:
what also is really annoying is when they spell the as "teh" its not cool, its not "l33t" its retarded, and ANNOYING!! And I agree with using the search and google or "your favorite search engine" I mean, I started out a complete dunce and computer noob. I eventually taught myself how to burn, crack, hack, torrent, and this and that all by googling and reading. LOTS of reading mind you, but it pays off. I just burned hellboy 2 on dvd with english subtitles hardcoded, I'm hearing disabled, and am downloading Lost Boys 2, which recently released online. and patching roms, and updating my cheat.dat database, and etc etc, you get the point? Bottom line, at least try to use proper grammar if not spelling, when possible, and don't ask dumb questions that could be answered if you just did a bit of searching.

Teh Phir3!

unsure.gif

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Congrats
smile.gif
now you know why most people under 30 can't tolerate games with turns and little in the way of "action" and immediately claim they "suck" and why so many people will play real time strategy titles and claim they are great.

It's because the average attention span of the average under 30 person these days is just to conditioned to require the ability to "always be doing something". They want it now in fact earlier than now. They don't want to wait. They don't want to "think" they want to "do".
Read the manual? are you kidding? the game should be infinitely playable and totally obvious, is what seems to be the current level of expectations.

I think the average gamer would go completely into shock if they were expected to master a common wargame from my youth.
One of the all time greats, Third Reich (a board game people) had a manual that to me was fairly simple reading, but today likely would be considered inhumane torture
smile.gif

But I agree, there's simply too many noobs unable to search, unable to understand we don't need yet another mecentric thread asking the same moronic question.

And threads labeled "[insert game here] doesn't work! as if it couldn't possibly be the users fault are a pain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Arne214 @ Arne214:
    where can i find a clean copy of the mii maker for the wii u (EU)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Arne214, We don't ask for roms.
    +2
  • D @ dadadad:
    The installation was only through rofms and in the game folder in content. What else can I do?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I already told them about that and yet they make a thread
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Well I'm sure the mods will take care of it.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Reminds me of that one Spanish guy who was in here a week or so ago, that wouldn't translate their messages.
  • Arne214 @ Arne214:
    ok sry
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I don't remember him
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @SylverReZ Si means yes, no means maybe
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Arne214, it's fine but dont ask for roms here again
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, I only know very little Spanish, haven't done it in 5 years lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, que tan poco?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I took 3 years of Spanish in high school, ages ago but don't remb most of it. Like they say, if you don't use it, you lose it.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, A bit. I only know greetings and some other parts. Its quite an easy language to learn.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    But I don't remember most of it.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, easy to learn despite having some relatively complex rules
    +1
  • D @ dadadad:
    Should I just accept that I won't play this game anymore, or is there a way to solve this problem?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    For some reason I remember a bunch of swear words tho, lol
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, cuz we swear more than talk normally i guess
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @dadadad I would do like @The Real Jdbye said, they are very wise.
    +2
  • D @ dadadad:
    блядь
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You get your nap today?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With your wife
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: With your wife +1