Rare gaming accessories you own. Good and bad ones.

rare_gaming.JPG

Many of us have some rare and hard to come by games in collections, or at least things we hope to one day stumble across a seller clueless about the cost of, but this is not about that. This is about accessories for gaming devices instead.

Share some of your rare, hard to come by or rather overlooked gaming accessories. If you happen to have a first gen Steel Battalion controller, or perhaps some original gamecube component cables, the feel free to share but we are also very much after the weird, wonderful and things most people probably don't know exist, and ones some might say should never have existed. They need not be in any way official or sanctioned either, however make it something that is at least theoretically useful for gaming rather than a stuffed toy shaped like a game character (we can have that thread later).

Pictured above is an xbox 360 memory card. 256 megabytes in this case, which means it came bundled with the arcade bundle (one with no hard drive), and was not even available at retail so retail plebs would have to suffer 64 megabytes instead (there was eventually a 512 meg version, some even with games preloaded). Prior to Microsoft graciously giving people the option to have USB memory for their saves, profiles and transfer thereof we had memory cards for it -- the original xbox 360 models might not have had HDMI support but they did have USB, even if an unbranded 1 gig would have set you back over £40 at the time. The 360 slim models don't however even have the port for them, and while Datel made a transfer kit to our knowledge there is no official device for it (we guess that is the original "Fortunately we have a device for that, it is called xbox 360").

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Game Genie on NES
Action Replay Gameboy
Gameboy Player with Disk and case
E-Reader
Goldfinger PS1

Not sure if that rare or not but it's cool to own.
All gotten for cheap even.

Jhynjhiruu

Trophies
XP
Country
I own a Multiplayer Box (共游盒) for the iQue Player. This was the best image you could find online of it on its own, until the website hosting it went down.
upload_2019-10-4_21-35-31.png

Reactions: Ryccardo

Pluupy

_(:3」∠)_
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No idea if rare but this game was pretty expensive for some reason back when it was released. The microphone you plug into Player 4 slot. The mic attaches to the controller with a plastic clip, but I can't find that.

CiRRYcG.jpg

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
If scalpers are to be believed, then the Pokewalker appears to be becoming a reality - I doubt it actually is, given one was bundled with every copy of a game in a then-quality bestselling series

I have two of those, never ever used them.

The Gameboy Color equivalent is way rarer, what was that thing called anyway?

Edit: Found it!
https://m.bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pokémon_Pikachu_2_GS

Edit2: And I never saw the first one:

https://m.bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pokémon_Pikachu

So yeah compared to those two, the Pokewalker is quite common.

Last edited by raxadian,

Meler

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I also have a couple of those stupid bongo controllers for the GC, do those count? While not rare I think my two best are my two wavebird controllers.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Now if you had a non pirated Amiga game that would be a rarity indeed
bout 3 boxes all copies with nice neat labels about 1K small ones

D

Deleted User

Halo reach beta disc for 360 no logo on top says highly confidential looks like a burnt disc but official

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
The e-reader and wireless adapter for the GBA. I never used the adapter, because finding someone else in my vicinity with it is basically impossible.

I got the GBA e-reader, unfortunately I had to trade Pokemon with myself with two wireless adapters.

Yeah.

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got a Monster component cable for the hacked OG Xbox that I plan to use with a CRT that I'm going to put in a separate room for my nephews and nieces when they come over. It's my contribution to an idea my parents had for reorganizing the stuff in their house.

As for other things, I'll try to let the pictures do the posting for me tonight...

HarveyHouston

Christian Modder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a green Game Boy. No, not the Lime Game Boy Color or even the green Game Boy Pockets, but I mean the green Play It Loud! edition of the original Game Boy.
Here's a picture of what it looks like:
24162.jpg
Green is the third most hard to find of the Play It Loud Editions. Blue is second, and pure white (not gray) is the rarest of them all. Of course, I am talking about the original case colors, not a refurbished case.

Last edited by HarveyHouston,
Reactions: Deleted User

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
If you had your Gamecube chipped it was possible to use a copy. But good luck finding mini disks and the mini disk burner nowadays.
You can just use a regular burner with the mini discs, and I still have a few silver top mini discs I can use.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I wouldn't say this is rare, but I have a new-in-box launch day Wii.

Gunz4Hire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any differences in functionality comparing the beta and the final product?

This particular model has more squarish camera but performance its still same as retail, the "early" kinects had a seperate cpu box and was about twice as powerful as retail! Would love to score one some day

https%3A%2F%2Fblogs-images.forbes.com%2Fandyrobertson%2Ffiles%2F2014%2F04%2Ffgtv-kinectsports8-rarehistory2.jpg

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Love this thread. It's fun to see some very weird stuff out there, and heart warming that I'm not the only one. :P

Let's see...

Not really rare but more than I would expect : a nostromo n52. A short of mini keyboard. Take some getting used to, but I loved this thing for ut2004. In a way still do, though I don't use it anymore.

A weird component - to-vga-and-audio cable for the wii. The idea was to hook up my wii to my pc because I had no television at that time. It worked... But I ended up buying a television not long after.

And the rarest one is one I wonder why I still have it : an Ultima 4 or 5 handkerchief. I'm not even sure how it ended in my possession anymore. I think I got that game from someone who gave it away (also had the manuals and floppies at one time), but never got around to even install it. Every so often, I throw away stuff I don't need, but because this is so small and convenient (and somewhat beautiful) this is always a'oh heck... I'll keep this '. Somewhat as a comfort to myself that I didn't throw EVERYTHING away.
fhYkGRpoXhy6i4Sz7

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you had your Gamecube chipped it was possible to use a copy. But good luck finding mini disks and the mini disk burner nowadays.
Doesn't like every computer drive have this impression that fits the 8cm discs? I know mine does and the one I had in Gamecube times did as well. You don't need a special burner for that. Also I can grab 10 mini DVD-r for 10 bucks on Amazon

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4 +1