Hacking RawkSD

Ashleyallen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Show me a LEGALLY hacked Wii, and I'd think you were cracking up. :P

The RawkSD program can be used for reasonably legitimate means, mainly custom songs and DLC that you own, but it is rather old, and the developers have since moved on to other projects. You may be interested to know that @Larsenv and @DarkMatterCore are trying to tackle the problem of adding customs and DLC back to RB2, and I have been doing some tests of my own to try to overcome the limitations in vWii (since RawkSD never really supported vWii, anyway). We're using alternate methods to atempt this, so please stay posted to my Rock Band Customs thread for updates on the matter.

Heh XD yeah good point about the hacked wii >.>
I still have my original WII, and I just got a cd copy of rock band 2. but i think because my IOS 37 is a CIOS it still won't work. but who knows. the disk arrives today.
I know there are very very complex ways of installing customs to rockband 2. but I never go them to work.

HarveyHouston

Christian Modder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, some time ago, I got permission from @AerialX to work with what he had on GitHub, so I pulled it to my GitLab project. I didn't work on it until yesterday, and... I'm completely lost. I know some C++ and Python, but in order to remove the time restriction on the beta code, I need to know what I'm looking for.

If anyone knows what I'm talking about, then please help! For those who don't know, it's the RawkSD beta version 3.x, and if I build it and load it on a Wii, it will say that the trial for the beta has expired, and the only known workaround is to set the Wii's time back. Here's the GitLab repo that I have, though I've made some changes that I have yet to push. https://gitlab.com/rock-band-customs/rawksd

AndroSynth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, some time ago, I got permission from @AerialX to work with what he had on GitHub, so I pulled it to my GitLab project. I didn't work on it until yesterday, and... I'm completely lost. I know some C++ and Python, but in order to remove the time restriction on the beta code, I need to know what I'm looking for....
I'm assuming you have already searched for that error string in the soucecode? I don't see many things in the search for "trial", "beta", or "expired". Could have sneakily hidden that in binary somewhere but I don't know why they'd care to do so.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: +1