Razer is making a gamer toaster

cdNZLmNRaXJQP4os5mr82f-970-80.jpg

Apparently Razer is making a gaming toaster, finally granting their fans wishes and demands.
As many of you might remember, this all started off as a joke back in 2013. Three years later in April 1st 2016, a follow-up hoax video was released, which in turn made Razer fans build even more hype for such a thing.
Min-Liang Tin, the co-founder,CEO and creative director of Razer promised that if the Facebook page "Give us the Razer toaster" were to hit 1M likes, then it would be likely for Razer to develop this long sought-after toaster.
Seemingly, all of their fans efforts and patience is paying off in the end!
In his recent Facebook post, Min-Liang Tin states:
Alright - I didn't think these guys were going to make it - but they did. It was to hit 1M likes and with each Razer Toaster tattoo being equivalent to 100K likes each....and they now have 12 Razer Toaster tattoos.

Well....what can I say. I've just officially liked their page - and I'm going to put together my team of designers and engineers. It will take a few years - but I'll be sure to share the progress - and make it a community affair.

A Razer Toaster - For Razer Toaster Lovers. By Razer Toaster Lovers.

No further details about the toaster's size and other technical specifications have been revealed.

:arrow: Source

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Given they only make gimmicky novelty bullshit with LEDs, literally anything they do would not be surprising. Unless they made a quality product, I guess that would be.

Reactions: NoNAND

JavaScribe

Confused
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unless they made a quality product
I think they make pretty good stuff. If Razer is poor quality, please show me high-quality. (Actual request, not sarcasm)
I'm not saying that as a fanboy. I don't own any Razer products. I happened to find Corsair products (mouse and keyboard) on sale. They're pretty good, though being cheaper, they are plastic. Decent plastic, at least. From what I can tell (certainly not citation-worthy), Razer is more or less on par with Corsair.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think they make pretty good stuff. If Razer is poor quality, please show me high-quality. (Actual request, not sarcasm)
I'm not saying that as a fanboy. I don't own any Razer products. I happened to find Corsair products (mouse and keyboard) on sale. They're pretty good, though being cheaper, they are plastic. Decent plastic, at least. From what I can tell (certainly not citation-worthy), Razer is more or less on par with Corsair.

They're just far inferior pound for pound. You pay for the brand, but unlike Apple which at least delivers a solid product, Razer just scrapes by "adequate". Most of their devices are bogged down with dumbass "gamer" features. Their awful "MMO" mice fuck your wrists and lowers your performance in games by taking focus away from your mouse hand and making your keyboard hand less involved thanks to the thousands of buttons on the mouse. Their design philosophy has always been "Eh fuck it throw LEDs and extra buttons on it no one will notice the drop in quality."
They used to have a lot of issues with durability from garbage materials but I think they finally ironed that one out at least. Most big brands are better than razer unless they're purposely trying to be budget. Logitech is pretty universal for their top tier mice. There's a crapton of keyboard manufacturers. Cooler Master and Ducky are two quality ones off the top of my head. The last good headset I ever used was Logitech but it was discontinued ages ago, so i'm no help there. I use a desktop mic. Most of Razer's other products are just "gamer" peripherals that serve little to no practical purpose to anyone.

Also just a random fun fact but they actually tried to put online DRM on their mice and I think keyboards. It didn't last long because of outcry but it was a hilarious attempt i'm amazed they thought they could get away with. Actually they do still have semi-online DRM still but it's not as bad.

Ill will towards them is moreso just years of mediocrity and seeing casuals and idiots fall into the traps over and over again then blindly defending their bad decisions. But to this day their product quality is still nowhere near their cost

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Why
why is there DRM on food
this needs to stop
KEURIG WHAT HAVE YOU STARTED

Depending upon how you want to view it... I have 1880s cookery books that plump for their special blend of herbs and spices (or baking powder and some other things) for given recipes such that unless you know...

That said as far as DRM juice bags go... the failure was spectacular in this instance so there is some hope.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I came to this thread for the puns.

I am satisfied. B-)

...but I got more:

* since overclocking your CPU will result in a toaster, will underclocking this thing result in a workable CPU?
* the USB version will make good toast...but it'll toast even faster with a firewire connection
* if you plug it in your computer, it won't need additional power if you play a modern AAA game: it just funnels the airflow over your bread to make toast
* tweakers are currently at work to make sure that a special keyboard shortcut will start the toaster
* the upgraded ultra deluxe version will have a way to actually slice your bread before toasting it. It'll make it...RAZER thin slices

:creep: and/or :tpi: for each option.

Reactions: JavaScribe

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Well if it's anything like Razors products, it will either not toast your bread or will make it to charcoal.

Reactions: NoNAND

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
What do you put in the toaster? Yes bread so a toaster toasts bread.

I want one of these... but 4 slice version

@FAST6191 beat you to it :P
That said, I saw it a while back and I kind of want one too. Why aren't all toasters like this? It wouldn't cost them much to add a thermistor to get more accurately toasted bread. My toast always ends up either undercooked or overcooked because it takes so little for it to overcook so I err on the light side.

lolboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Year 2050:

Guy A is making a toast and shouts to Guy B: "Yo, did you know Razor used to make video game stuff?"
Guy B is unclogging toilet shouts back: "Really? No I did not know that. But dude, could you please order a new toilet plunger? This EA plunger sucks!"

EA...they suck at everything.

Reactions: JavaScribe

DeoNaught

I'm here to steal memes and break dreams
Trophies
Website
Gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Year 2050:

Guy A is making a toast and shouts to Guy B: "Yo, did you know Razor used to make video game stuff?"
Guy B is unclogging toilet shouts back: "Really? No I did not know that. But dude, could you please order a new toilet plunger? This EA plunger sucks!"

EA...they suck at everything.
they would probably make good Vacuums tho

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: