km1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
works like a charm cheers mate

4kWgLg.jpg

that is fast. what kind of memory card do you have?

Reactions: Azel

CapitanSburro

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have the same but 256GB and I get 81mins xD
Strange, usually bigger cards tend to have faster speeds.
I don't know if it means anything in terms of performance but I completely wiped every game off my internal system memory before the nand backup. The only things that I had in there were my save files. (Even wiped photo album cuz I only had Pira boob shots anyway xD)

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if it means anything in terms of performance but I completely wiped every game off my internal system memory before the nand backup. The only things that I had in there were my save files. (Even wiped photo album cuz I only had Pira boob shots anyway xD)
Maybe is that, I'll check later!

CTCaer

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
For sd cards, emmc, ssd, etc, the write speeds are faster when they are not full. That's because normally to reach these speeds they use one crap part and one good part of memory.
That's also why you can write to sd card with let's say 84MB/s and then suddenly see it write with 30MB/s.

Also in hekate, the RAM is not initialized, so there's a cap on speed. If I remember, it's around 22-25MB/s.

Lastly, the most important factor for read/write speeds are these: Speed Class, U Grade, V Grade.
(Best are Class 10 - U3 - V90)
The A Grade is important for random read/write speeds. (Applications, games, etc)
(Best is A3)

For consoles and smartphones, the best are A3-U3 > A1-U3 > U3 > A1-U1 > U1.
V grades are irrelevant and the U grade takes their place.

Now depending on what grade they are, they have minimum speeds.
Example: U3 with UHS-I bus can read/write to max 90-100MB/s and they have a minimum of 30MB/s.

You can test the real speed of your sd card, if you have a USB3 or PCIE SD card reader that supports UHS-I bus.

CapitanSburro

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For sd cards, emmc, ssd, etc, the write speeds are faster when they are not full. That's because normally to reach these speeds they use one crap part and one good part of memory.
That's also why you can write to sd card with let's say 84MB/s and then suddenly see it write with 30MB/s.

Also in hekate, the RAM is not initialized, so there's a cap on speed. If I remember, it's around 22-25MB/s.

Lastly, the most important factor for read/write speeds are these: Speed Class, U Grade, V Grade.
(Best are Class 10 - U3 - V90)
The A Grade is important for random read/write speeds. (Applications, games, etc)
(Best is A3)

For consoles and smartphones, the best are A3-U3 > A1-U3 > U3 > A1-U1 > U1.
V grades are irrelevant and the U grade takes their place.

Now depending on what grade they are, they have minimum speeds.
Example: U3 with UHS-I bus can read/write to max 90-100MB/s and they have a minimum of 30MB/s.

You can test the real speed of your sd card, if you have a USB3 or PCIE SD card reader that supports UHS-I bus.

Too bad the Switch is capped at U1, but the A rating is still good for random r/w.
source eurogamer:
" Switch isn't quite so future-proof. The console only supports UHS-1 cards, which have a maximum possible speed of 104MB/s, compared to the 312MB/s speed limit of the more modern UHS-2 standard "

CTCaer

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Don't confuse U1 and U3 with UHS-I.

UHS-I and UHS-II are data buses.
U, V and A are speed grades and need a UHS bus to work. If your sd card reader does not support UHS-I or UHS-II, they work on the Speed class (2, 4, 6, 10).

Switch supports sd cards up to UHS-I bus and U3 grade.
(UHS-II cards are also compatible, but run with the speed of UHS-I)

CapitanSburro

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't confuse U1 and U3 with UHS-I.

UHS-I and UHS-II are data buses.
U, V and A are speed grades and need a UHS bus to work. If your sd card reader does not support UHS-I or UHS-II, they work on the Speed class (2, 4, 6, 10).

Switch supports sd cards up to UHS-I bus and U3 grade.
(UHS-II cards are also compatible, but run with the speed of UHS-I)
I'm a blind motherfucker :wtf:

kramer987

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

if you had any userdata at all, it will take that much longer to back up. that's my assumption anyway. but more importantly, the rawnand will always be the same size, but the rawnand content will be different. for example, if you take your rawnand and compress it, how big will it be? my untouched switch rawnand is about 350mb down from 32gb. a friend of mine had some userdata and his will only compress down to 3.2gb. i would expect that this dump took a few more minutes than mine.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

on a different note, for the autoboot options, what exactly is stock? as in official? as in i will burn my fuses if i enable stock autoboot?

if i am correct about the stock autoboot option, what is the atmo option? my confusion stems from the names of the OS variants we are manually lauding in the Load firmware option: "cfw" or "layeredfs" vs. stock and atmoHb and atmofull

i suppose the real question is, what file(s) are telling the autoboot settings what to load? can we edit the file to just boot something else?

edit: nevermind. my options are different, which makes sense. but then the next question, if it autoboots to CFW, how do u go back into rcm to launch hekate and change settings?

Last edited by kramer987,
Reactions: iakupo

van0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I did a backup in the 2.3 days, before I ran any homebrew on my Switch and was going to restore to that before using EmuNand with Atmosphere. Is it possible to restore the nand from 2.3 on the latest 3.1? Naturally I would do another backup on 3.1 before attempting it just in case it is corrupt, but just wanted to check if there would be any harm in doing so?

Reactions: Azel

CTCaer

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
if you had any userdata at all, it will take that much longer to back up. that's my assumption anyway. but more importantly, the rawnand will always be the same size, but the rawnand content will be different. for example, if you take your rawnand and compress it, how big will it be? my untouched switch rawnand is about 350mb down from 32gb. a friend of mine had some userdata and his will only compress down to 3.2gb. i would expect that this dump took a few more minutes than mine.

on a different note, for the autoboot options, what exactly is stock? as in official? as in i will burn my fuses if i enable stock autoboot?

if i am correct about the stock autoboot option, what is the atmo option? my confusion stems from the names of the OS variants we are manually lauding in the Load firmware option: "cfw" or "layeredfs" vs. stock and atmoHb and atmofull

i suppose the real question is, what file(s) are telling the autoboot settings what to load? can we edit the file to just boot something else?

edit: nevermind. my options are different, which makes sense. but then the next question, if it autoboots to CFW, how do u go back into rcm to launch hekate and change settings?
Stock is not exactly stock.
The fuse anti-downgrade check is skipped and you can use a downgraded firmware
or an upgraded firmware that does not burn any fuse (better use AutoRCM with this though).
It is called stock because it does not load any kip or does any other change.

To go into hekate's menu, you press VOL- at boot when you see the bootlogo.

The file that is responsible for the options and the configuration is of course hekate_ipl.ini

I did a backup in the 2.3 days, before I ran any homebrew on my Switch and was going to restore to that before using EmuNand with Atmosphere. Is it possible to restore the nand from 2.3 on the latest 3.1? Naturally I would do another backup on 3.1 before attempting it just in case it is corrupt, but just wanted to check if there would be any harm in doing so?
Yes you can. And as you said, make a current backup, in-case something goes wrong.

Last edited by CTCaer,

kramer987

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stock is not exactly stock.
The fuse anti-downgrade check is skipped and you can use a downgraded firmware
or an upgraded firmware that does not burn any fuse (better use AutoRCM with this though).
It is called stock because it does not load any kip or does any other change.

To go into hekate's menu, you press VOL- at boot when you see the bootlogo.

The file that is responsible for the options and the configuration is of course hekate_ipl.ini

Yes you can. And as you said, make a current backup, in-case something goes wrong.

thank you sir. i will give it a try now.

thank you sir. i will give it a try now.

i see how that works. still requires a payload before anything will happen heh. not quite what i was anticipating.

Armandos74

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
i tried a Nand backup but i received this error, can you help me? i use a 128GB samsung evo plus firmw nsw 3.0

Attachments

• 96017b69-49fd-4e4a-94ca-f4d223b1e030.jpg
    96017b69-49fd-4e4a-94ca-f4d223b1e030.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 368

CTCaer

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
i tried a Nand backup but i received this error, can you help me? i use a 128GB samsung evo plus firmw nsw 3.0
:/
With the verification fixed at last, I hope that this is not what I think it is.
Do a test with h2testw.

(This erases your sd card, so if you have needed files, you have to backup them from the SD card first.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 2 hours on this file transfer lol