Real or Fake Christmas Tree?

Do you have a real or a artificial Christmas Tree?

• Real

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Artificial

• I don't have a Christmas Tree

• I don't celebrate Christmas

• Total voters

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Real, for the true 'holiday' feeling and the fact that there's a Christmas Tree farm a couple miles away- much easier than driving 15 or 20 miles to Wal-Mart.

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
We've got a real one, as we do every year.

They're covered in sap, so therefore they smell nice.
They're better for the environment.
You have to go and get one (How can you think this is a negative??? It's always a great fun little outing with the family. You must all be lazy or something...)
Fake trees synthetic needles hurt much more if you get stabbed by one than real needles (I have a small fake tree in my room)

Bitbyte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
An artificial one
frown.gif
. It's not one of those cheap ones though, it looks exactly like the real thing, but I miss the smell :/

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country

It's better for the environment to cut down a tree every year than to recycle the same one year after year?

Artificial.

Yep. Managed forests, my friend. Pine trees grow quickly, typical christmas trees aren't very old. At the end of christmas, you recycle your tree, and it turns into paper.

Your tree, on the other hand, was probably made in china, using plastic made from cracking crude oil, flown over to wherever you live and will take many thousand years to degrade. There was even a mini documentary about how real trees > fake ones
lecture.gif

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
Fake. It's like a tradition, we use the same one every year until it hits the point where it can't stand up any more. Our previous one lasted at least 15 years.

I came into this thread thinking fake ones were better on the environment, but there's some very good points being made here that make a lot of sense. Either way, I couldn't bear to end the season of good will by throwing out a dead tree and hanging up a dying one on show in your house, it's such a waste of life. I like plants too much
smile.gif

Plus it depends whether your recycling actually gets recycled or winds up on a landfill in China, but that's a different story...

spokenrope

c7
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

It's better for the environment to cut down a tree every year than to recycle the same one year after year?

Artificial.

Yep. Managed forests, my friend. Pine trees grow quickly, typical christmas trees aren't very old. At the end of christmas, you recycle your tree, and it turns into paper.

Your tree, on the other hand, was probably made in china, using plastic made from cracking crude oil, flown over to wherever you live and will take many thousand years to degrade. There was even a mini documentary about how real trees > fake ones
lecture.gif

This?

I suppose that makes sense. But, like the video says, I'm just going to keep using my artificial one for a while still. And perhaps I'll do like they say and donate it once I outgrow it.
wub.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Goku likes to flip the bean to get others healthy