Realhotstuff.com Announcements

Pyrii

Trophies
XP
Country
The USA site (realhotstuff.com) actually has the same shipping insurance option with the same language. We do not mean to offend any customers, but in order to cut down costs and compete with other flashcart resellers we cannot automatically insure all packages, especially since we are also offering free shipping on the majority of our products.
That's interesting because I checked out the Honk Kong Mail site and they don't offer insurance for surface/Air parcels to the UK. (Also a small packet is cheaper to send via air-mail than surface mail)

And the USPS insures most delivery methods up to $100 for free when shipping internationally, only the more expensive options don't have it for some reason and those options can't have insurance added.

I have a feeling this is more of an insurance you're running yourself, putting the money into your contingency fund for sending out lost replacements.

In the end I'm protected by UK trading law and my credit card, I just wanted to point out some weirdness to what many people seem to call a reputable dealer, so they can stay reputable :P

cynful09

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The USA site (realhotstuff.com) actually has the same shipping insurance option with the same language. We do not mean to offend any customers, but in order to cut down costs and compete with other flashcart resellers we cannot automatically insure all packages, especially since we are also offering free shipping on the majority of our products.
That's interesting because I checked out the Honk Kong Mail site and they don't offer insurance for surface/Air parcels to the UK. (Also a small packet is cheaper to send via air-mail than surface mail)

And the USPS insures most delivery methods up to $100 for free when shipping internationally, only the more expensive options don't have it for some reason and those options can't have insurance added.

I have a feeling this is more of an insurance you're running yourself, putting the money into your contingency fund for sending out lost replacements.

In the end I'm protected by UK trading law and my credit card, I just wanted to point out some weirdness to what many people seem to call a reputable dealer, so they can stay reputable :P

We never claimed it was insurance for any specific shipping service. Our shipping insurance is blanket coverage for any services chosen in case anything happens to your package. With the purchase of our insurance, customers do not need to wait for required time (i.e. USPS) in order to receive another package.This policy was implemented primarily for USPS which does not insure any packages at for free domestically (Express Mail insures up to $100 USD). The same applies to the HK site, in which the more economical shipping service does not provide insurance so we have provided a means for customers to have it.

We appreciate your feedback. We will be putting a more detailed explanation in our terms and conditions page to be more clear.

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry to hear about Ron. I knew about him through Mbmax and spoke to him a little a couple or so times. He seemed like a really nice guy. I never even knew he was behind RHS and 0SZ! Have been a big fan of those shops for a long time. Hope everything works out ok for his family and companies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thanks for signing up at LinusTechTips
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    holey shmoley!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Your credit card has been charged. Thank you.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Your screwdriverPlus will arrive in three weeks
    +1
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    K64_Waddle_Dee_Artwork_1.jpg

my reaction to such information
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Press 1 for English. Press 2 for Pig Latin. Or press 3 to speak to a representative.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, i need help, i got into an argument about what genre radioactive is, and i forgot who made it
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BakerMan, Imagine Dragons
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Dragon deez nuts across yo face GOTEEM
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    lmao now I realize that was probably the joke in the first place
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IMAGINE DRAGON DEEZ NUTS ACROSS YO- FUCK HE BEAT ME TO IT
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You have selected 4 - Death by Snu Snu, please stand by...
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lucky bastard
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    hahahaha I'm half way through a bag off my Volcano and my tolerance is way down because I haven't been smoking much lately, so I was a little slow to catch that that was what your angle was 🤣🤣
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Also I was just excited to know a music reference for once (I am the LAST person in the world that you want on your trivia team)
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bummer webos 7.4 isnt working with dejavuln-autoroot
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    PS4 right? I think that's what mine's on. Or 5.6, maybe.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    [!] Installation failed (devmode_enabled not recognized)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    0.5 seemed to work whatever lol i wont bitch
  • Alysh_Graham @ Alysh_Graham:
    Hehehe
    Alysh_Graham @ Alysh_Graham: Hehehe