• Start date
  • Views 6,660
  • Replies 31

Sick Wario

Club Nintendo
Trophies
XP
Country
Fuck Linksys...owned two of their products and have been heavily disappointed...my router needs a full reset every six months because it just piles its flash memory with garbage data then crashes.

so resetting a router once in 6 months isn't stable enough for you? buffalo/dlink/etc won't be any more stable. i would suggest trying a 3rd party firmware like dd wrt or tomato

it's generally a good idea to power-cycle you router every few months, and if that seems too much hassle, perhaps it's time to enter the big leagues with a $2000 cisco, nortel or 3com router?

off topic...any network gurus here have experience with 'hotbrick' routers? specifically the 401w? http://www.hotbrick.com/produto.asp?tipo=2&codPro=6

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I use a NETGEAR DG834G with WEP encryption and its not broadcasting the SSID. I'm surprised that I was lag free on mario strikers as its quite a distance from the wii.

Renegade_R

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well its not the resetting that bugs the heck out of me, its the fact that this router is the old version of the router so the everytime you use BT, it requires flushing because of all the crap that builds up in the flash memory.

titoboy666

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
mouseonmars.dev-fr.org
XP
Country
Canada
Ninji is right
WRT54GL is the best! i use dd wrt firmware though. it has been stable for over 5 months now, with 2 ethernet PCs, 3 wireless laptops and wii/DS/360
I second that! I also have a WRT54GL with DD-WRT firmware, I upped the strength of the signal and now my signal is excellent everywhere in my house! Works perfectly with 2 DS, 1 laptop and 1 Digital Media Center!

rebel316

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I attempted to replace my wired network with a wifi router and stupidly bought a DGL-4300, since I had no more room to plug more cables. I thought since the 4100 I had was so rock solid the 4300 would be the same. Wrong. Within 10 minutes of setting the thing up, I would get hideous lag spikes for absolutely no reason at all, so the next morning it was sent back for a refund. Then I remembered my former room mate had a spare wifi router; a WRT54GL to be exact which I flashed with custom firmware when we first got it. I connected that router to my DGL-4100 to create an access point since I didn't want to get rid of my wired router and every computer in my house doesn't have a wifi card.

Shiranui

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use DI-524 version B2 V2.04Patch05, and I have some issues with it. With the DS I almost never experience problems, but with the Wii, sometimes it works and sometimes not and I don't understand why. My router is automatically set to channel 6 with WEP encryption, should I switch it to channel 9?

acky

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The worst thing about DS is that it does not support WPA; you have to use WEP. What I did was use WPA on my normal router, then connect an old 11Mb/s wireless access point I got on ebay for $10 and turn off SSID broadcast.

polleke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
WII works with Cisco 877w, but use fixed ip address, not DHCP.
Nintendo DS does not work with Cisco 877w, even if you do not use WEP and no DHCP.

WII works with Sweex LC000060, fixed and DHCP ip address.
Nintendo DS works with Sweex LC000060, fixed and DHCP ip address.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: YUH