ROM Hack [Recruiting] Monster Hunter Stories Translation

silverhawke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
What are the story progress comments? Are those dialogues?

it's probably the little remarks Navirou says to remind you what to do to progress the story.

is there a tool to edit LMD files somewhere? i can't seem to find it anywhere.

EDIT: tried out the patch, there's a mistake in that the "Bingo" for the monster genes are translated as "King" instead. (and "All King" should be "Any Bingo")

Last edited by silverhawke,

ngtunganh

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
I found a glitch :If you enter purple royal luddoth cave,an error will occurred and kick you out the screen

MaximusX800

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's probably the little remarks Navirou says to remind you what to do to progress the story.

is there a tool to edit LMD files somewhere? i can't seem to find it anywhere.

EDIT: tried out the patch, there's a mistake in that the "Bingo" for the monster genes are translated as "King" instead. (and "All King" should be "Any Bingo")

This was done on purpose.

silverhawke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
there are some parts that has typos here and there, but overall it helped me majorly with the items and stuff. still wish i could help though XP

How to use skill book of weapon?
it's automatically learned and will be available when you use the corresponding weapon.

ngtunganh

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
there are some parts that has typos here and there, but overall it helped me majorly with the items and stuff. still wish i could help though XP

it's automatically learned and will be available when you use the corresponding weapon.
ok ,I see ,tks

BigHam

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello fellow Hunters,

i'm back with the ambitius dream to translate Monster Hunter Stories including dialog. Some might remember the MHX patch which focused on menus, items etc. only. This time we want a more complete package, but for this we actually need some good translators.

Sadly we lack these translators right now, so this project lives or dies with this recruitment post. The tools and scripts for making this patch possible are already done, now we just have to get to the heavy work.

So if you like to contribute and make this patch a reality please contact me detailing your motivation and japanese skill level a bit.

Update:
Nope, this project is not dead. We're still looking for translators tho, the more the merrier!

We're currently working on the UI and image assets we have to translate. There's a long way ahead of us for sure. We might release a menu-only alpha patch when we're done with the ui.

Here are some screenshots of the current state:
http://imgur.com/a/xGjrF

Progress Report (18.10.16):
We're done with the majority and most critical UIs and Battle related dialogs.
We're currently working on Skill and Item descriptions (around 30-40% atm). And will then move on to tutorial texts and story dialog.
The plan is to have at least the tutorial + maybe the first chapter done before doing a preview release.

Progress Report (27.10.16):
Hello Hunters....I mean, Riders! Here's our status update!!

While we are still working towards our original goal, things have been slowing down due to our teams current state.

We are currently cleaning up overall UI/Skills/Item entries in preparation for a Preview patch. Please note that if you wish to experience the full Monster Hunter Stories RPG, we recommend to wait further until we progress through the dialogues.

UI Patch Release (21.11.16):
We are proud to present our UI Patch for Monster Hunter Stories!! This "UI Patch" version does not contain any dialog translations. We advise anyone that cares for the full experience to wait longer for a possible localization or a new patch. The current state of the patch has 98+% of main UI and messages completed. Here are some more specific notes on what to expect.

MHST UI Patch v1.0 Notes
85% Item Names
100% Battle Usage Item Descriptions
100% Skill Names and Descriptions
100% Monster Intro Messages
100% Amulet Skill Names and Descriptions
95% Quest Objectives
100% Battle Assests
100% Tournament Mode Assets
50% NPC Names
99% Story Progress Comments
100% Award Descriptions
99% Weapon/Armor Names

How to use our patch:

You will need a CFW 3DS capable of running NTR or any CFW which can install unsigned CIAs.

NTR Method:
Copy the "mhst" and "plugin" folder onto the root of your sd card.
Start NTR.
Start the game.

CIA method:
(More detailed Instructions here)
Manually extract the decrypted romfs.
Merge it with the mhst folders content.
Repack CIA.
Install CIA.
Start the game.

Prebuilt CIA method:
Install CIA.
Start the game.

Also it's possible this patch will be soon usable natively with luma without NTR with this commit.

Credits:
Team Lead, Hacking, Tooling:

dasding
Translation Lead:
MaximusX800
Translators:
Drake70
nanashi
FrosterBrebb
fussy
Anon

I want to highlight the effort the team put in their freetime, especially the dedicated translators without them this would not have been possible

Download v1.1

On the future of this project:
Due to the team's efforts slowing down a lot there will be no major updates in the near future. To make decent progress again we need new translators.

Screenshots:
http://imgur.com/a/OVXne

I'd like to make a Korean version of Monster Hunter Stories, but I used to use a tool that used to be used?

MaximusX800

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello All,

Just wanted to post a quick update.

We appreciate everyone that has reported issues, it is extremely helpful to us.

While we have many additions and fixes in place, we need to test them first before releasing.

Please note that we are still looking for translators to make progress on the dialogs.

Stay tuned for more information.

Rakidas

Gay Pirate Queen
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello All,

Just wanted to post a quick update.

We appreciate everyone that has reported issues, it is extremely helpful to us.

While we have many additions and fixes in place, we need to test them first before releasing.

Please note that we are still looking for translators to make progress on the dialogs.

Stay tuned for more information.
MY BODY IS READY :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: The third one ducked. +1