Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramoth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I see, then it's okay, take your time, we wouldn't want the name to be changed. The cfw is your baby afterall, a product of love and dedication.

I think you misunderstand, it's not my project I just answered your question. The dev is Reisyukaku.

D

Deleted User

OP
Depends on what the intended aim of that action was.

The display in the NX is not super HD, so the GPU would not be pushing more pixels. However, there might be benefit to enabling the full GPU to get access to the vector processing capabilities. This could be of benefit to some emulators, as they could offload some otherwise expensive functions to the GPU. Simply because it is unlocked does not mean it is going to be grunting 100% utilization nonstop, like it would be on the dock pushing super HD video.

It could instead just be doing a little bit of floating point math in addition to its normal GPU load.
Emulators will get a huge benefit even in portable mode once we have a proper gpu driver up and running. Won't be an issue. Only thing docked portable mode would do is push nice graphics at 1280x720 native

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Wierd_w

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Emulators will get a huge benefit even in portable mode once we have a proper gpu driver up and running. Won't be an issue. Only thing docked portable mode would do is push nice graphics at 1280x720 native

I understood that in portable mode it also halved the GPU's processor clock, to conserve power. Removing that restriction would have obvious benefits (and also obvious consequences if misused.)

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If Rei actually delivers, lol, idgaf about burning the fuses, I'll update from 3.0 to the latest version.
If you don't care about future exploits and you're okay with using RCM each time you want to launch ReiNX, then that's fine. However, there is a private web browser exploit on 3.0.0 that can be used to launch CFW, and it will probably be released in the near-ish future. An untethered coldboot exploit is also theoretically possible on 3.0.0. Some would recommend that you not burn your efuses if you're on 4.1.0 or lower.

Also, three hours remaining.

Last edited by Lacius,
Reactions: Mylink5

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's probably not gonna happen. Rei sama used the 5hr meme.
We don't know what's likely to happen. Reisyukaku acknowledged some reasons as to why it might be a good idea to release some/all of ReiNX in the near future.

Using the five-hour meme doesn't mean it's not going to happen in five hours, but it also doesn't mean that we should expect it in five hours. Reisyukaku has never used the meme before. If it were me, given the existence of the meme, I would for my own amusement announce that I'm releasing it in five hours, and then I would release it in five hours.

Rickyman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
We don't know what's likely to happen. Reisyukaku acknowledged some reasons as to why it might be a good idea to release some/all of ReiNX in the near future.

Using the five-hour meme doesn't mean it's not going to happen in five hours, but it also doesn't mean that we should expect it in five hours. Reisyukaku has never used the meme before. If it were me, given the existence of the meme, I would for my own amusement announce that I'm releasing it in five hours, and then I would release it in five hours.
Reverse engineering of Rei's mind

leunamm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
already a bottle of champagne to freshen up in an hour open ... I believe it may not offer a full CFW but the essential will come out and then new versions will appear

Reactions: Rickyman and Lacius

masterspike52

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
already a bottle of champagne to freshen up in an hour open ... I believe it may not offer a full CFW but the essential will come out and then new versions will appear
i really hope it gets released, ive been very bored lately with what little i can do with hekate and whatnot

Reactions: Xandrid

Pluupy

_(:3」∠)_
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the percentage of people below the latest firmware is very low. RCM exploit being firmware independent + No way of running newer games + No Emunand in the horizon + Better homebrew/layeredfs support in 5.1 already made 90% of people update to the latest firmware
According to reddit poll, 30-40% of users were not latest firmware. It's certainly not a small enough crowd to ignore if Rei's intention is to cater to all users.

Reactions: Paspain and Mylink5
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Blah. 3 of my NSO + Expansion Pass family group members are leaving. Found one replacement so...