Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Hmm I didn't actually. I did it back at 11.2. This new 3DS must've been on 11.3 when it was hacked
Note, it's always been required if you want sound in homebrew.
Section VII - DSP Dump
  1. Launch DSP1
  2. Once it has completed, press (Start) to exit
It used to be a 3dsx file run from the homebrew launcher though. The cia is only recent.

Last edited by Quantumcat,
Reactions: mario-lucis-caelum

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Dunno man my memory is kinda hazy but I really don't recall ever doing something like this when I hacked my old n3ds. Must be a new requirement that was just added in 11.3?
No..... do you want to bet money on it? I'll show you using waybackmachine.

Reactions: mario-lucis-caelum

Nomelas

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Note, it's always been required if you want sound in homebrew.

It used to be a 3dsx file run from the homebrew launcher though. The cia is only recent.
it was removed from the guide for a bit (It was TheCruel's app) It was replaced by the one it is now.

Last edited by Nomelas,
Reactions: XavyrrVaati

fabiobad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I think so, you just have to have the cartridge selected in the cartridge icon when you start up freeShop, so it appears in your list of games.
I ask this because i have the emunand at "GW3D 11.2.0-35E" and I can't update it because the Gateway team didn't released a new firmware update.
Usually I go on the official eShop and download the patch from there, but now I can't.

So, if I install Freeshop with BBB on Emunand, then I won't have issues even if I'm on an old console firmware?

Ev1l0rd

(⌐◥▶◀◤) girl - noirscape
Trophies
Website
catgirlsin.space
XP
Country
Netherlands
I ask this because i have the emunand at "GW3D 11.2.0-35E" and I can't update it because the Gateway team didn't released a new firmware update.
Usually I go on the official eShop and download the patch from there, but now I can't.

So, if I install Freeshop with BBB on Emunand, then I won't have issues even if I'm on an old console firmware?
FreeShop should work regardless of arm9loaderhax and sys and emunand. I'd really recommend you to get the fuck away from Gateway (or gatewait amirite :^) ), as described in this blog post by Dok9: https://gbatemp.net/entry/psa-dont-use-gateways-arm9loaderhax-installation-tools.11242/

fabiobad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
FreeShop should work regardless of arm9loaderhax and sys and emunand. I'd really recommend you to get the fuck away from Gateway (or gatewait amirite :^) ), as described in this blog post by Dok9: https://gbatemp.net/entry/psa-dont-use-gateways-arm9loaderhax-installation-tools.11242/
Ok, I installed and updated Freeshop but the app don't read any game, even if I've selected Super Mario Maker in the cartridge icon with Gateway 3DS, the Freeshop say that there is no key in the sdmc... so what now?

EDIT: ok i find an url online to put in the Freeshop, he read the Super Mario Maker and updated to the 1.03, nice!
Sadly can't play online becouse I don't have the latest fmw... no workaroud for this, right?

Last edited by fabiobad,

Joshwraith

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Ok, I installed and updated Freeshop but the app don't read any game, even if I've selected Super Mario Maker in the cartridge icon with Gateway 3DS, the Freeshop say that there is no key in the sdmc... so what now?

EDIT: ok i find an url online to put in the Freeshop, he read the Super Mario Maker and updated to the 1.03, nice!
Sadly can't play online becouse I don't have the latest fmw... no workaroud for this, right?

Yes, there one workaround to play online: use ctr-httpwn

HugaTheFox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone compile me the latest commit? That will be appreciated.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Use Luma

Polarise

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, when do you plan to publish your next release? I'm looking forward to be able to search by title-id :)

Ann0ying

Trophies
XP
Country

Duder, I would highly suggest to spend a few hours and upgrade to A9LH. We have immediate support for new FWs and it's much safer overall.

Sonansune

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
jwg@jwg-laptop:~/freeShop/build$ make -j4 | grep error/usr/bin/ld: can not find -lcpp3ds-test
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [../bin/freeshop-tests] Error 1
make[1]: *** [test/CMakeFiles/freeshop-tests.dir/all] Error 2
/opt/devkitpro/cpp3ds/lib/libcpp3ds-graphics.a(Texture.cpp.o): In function `cpp3ds::Texture::create(unsigned int, unsigned int)':
/home/dev3ds/Documents/cpp3ds/src/cpp3ds/Graphics/Texture.cpp:245: undefined reference to `C3D_TexInit'
/home/dev3ds/Documents/cpp3ds/src/cpp3ds/Graphics/Texture.cpp:250: undefined reference to `C3D_TexSetWrap'
/home/dev3ds/Documents/cpp3ds/src/cpp3ds/Graphics/Texture.cpp:253: undefined reference to `C3D_TexSetFilter'
/opt/devkitpro/cpp3ds/lib/libcpp3ds-graphics.a(Texture.cpp.o): In function `cpp3ds::Texture::loadFromPreprocessedMemory(void*, unsigned int, unsigned int, unsigned int, GPU_TEXCOLOR, bool)':
/home/dev3ds/Documents/cpp3ds/src/cpp3ds/Graphics/Texture.cpp:436: undefined reference to `C3D_TexSetWrap'
/home/dev3ds/Documents/cpp3ds/src/cpp3ds/Graphics/Texture.cpp:439: undefined reference to `C3D_TexSetFilter'
/home/dev3ds/Documents/cpp3ds/src/cpp3ds/Graphics/Texture.cpp:421: undefined reference to `C3D_TexInit'
/home/dev3ds/Documents/cpp3ds/src/cpp3ds/Graphics/Texture.cpp:422: undefined reference to `C3D_TexUpload'
/opt/devkitpro/cpp3ds/lib/libcpp3ds-graphics.a(Texture.cpp.o): In function `cpp3ds::Texture::setSmooth(bool)':
/home/dev3ds/Documents/cpp3ds/src/cpp3ds/Graphics/Texture.cpp:590: undefined reference to `C3D_TexSetFilter'
/opt/devkitpro/cpp3ds/lib/libcpp3ds-graphics.a(Texture.cpp.o): In function `cpp3ds::Texture::loadFromPreprocessedMemory(void*, unsigned int, unsigned int, unsigned int, GPU_TEXCOLOR, bool)':
/home/dev3ds/Documents/cpp3ds/src/cpp3ds/Graphics/Texture.cpp:421: undefined reference to `C3D_TexInit'
/home/dev3ds/Documents/cpp3ds/src/cpp3ds/Graphics/Texture.cpp:422: undefined reference to `C3D_TexUpload'
/home/dev3ds/Documents/cpp3ds/src/cpp3ds/Graphics/Texture.cpp:436: undefined reference to `C3D_TexSetWrap'
/home/dev3ds/Documents/cpp3ds/src/cpp3ds/Graphics/Texture.cpp:439: undefined reference to `C3D_TexSetFilter'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [/home/jwg/freeShop/bin/freeshop.elf] Error 1
make[1]: *** [build/arm/CMakeFiles/freeshop.elf.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

I can't compile it:).... like never

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.