Dionicio3

goat
Trophies
Website
dionicio3.com
XP
Country
United States
When I download dlc from freeshop and it completes, Freeshop freezes on me. I don't know if this happens for anyone else or it's just a bug. I thought I'd report it. Also, I was wondering if there was any place to download themes other people made for freeshop?
What DLC? You can put themes on the freeshop discord

Blaze Uchiha

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have to do a full power down, the music still plays but the buttons don't respond at all and I've waited for a few minutes at a time

D

Deleted User

Will freeshop stop working when 3ds support is completely dropped?

D

Deleted User

VljLxOM.png

121405QRCodefreeShop310.png

arc13's freeShop releases website
[CLOSED] Latest poll to improve freeShop
Official freeShop Discord server (thanks @Dionicio3)

arc13's freeShop source code
Thanks to the people on this list

Latest nightly of freeShop (thanks @scj643)
This homebrew software, originally coded by TheCruel, allows you to download software you own via an encTitleKey.bin file.

How to use it:
1/ Install the latest version of this software (Download link above) on your preferred CFW.
2/ Put an URL linking to the encTitleKey.bin file on the freeShop's Settings > Update > Auto-update title keys from URL.
3/ You can now use freeShop, enjoy !

FAQs

Q: Do I need a CFW for this?
A: Yes.

Q: Is there a 3dsx version?

A: No, and with the elevated permissions needed, it's not worth the trouble.

Q: Why are games missing? They're on the eShop.

A: It only shows games for which you have the title key (dumped to encTitleKeys.bin). And even then some games won't show because they're not cached server-side (this will eventually change).

Q: Why does freeShop show DLC as installed when I don't have it?

A: All DLC is lumped together with the same title id, so even partial installs will show it as installed. If you're missing DLC, just delete it and reinstall it. If eShop partially installed it, or you previously purchased some DLC through eShop on that console, you may lose the DLC freeShop installs when you revisit eShop. This is currently unavoidable.

Q: Can freeShop download while sleeping?
A: Yes, please read the instructions.

Q: Can I download games of any region?
A: Depends on your CFW. Most of them allow it, including the popular Luma3DS.

Q: Is this safe? Will I get banned/sued for using this?
A: Even modding your console's software/firmware runs legal risks. But like running freeShop, the risk is minimal. If you make sure to only install games you've purchased, then you remain in a safer legal grey area. And there is no way for Nintendo to know which client IP owns which games. That would requires some analytic guesswork, potentially resulting in many false-positive bans. Not likely to happen and none have been reported.

Q: Why did you do a fork?
A: Because I can. Because TheCruel can't, for some reasons, update it anymore.

Q: Why starting a new thread?

A: The original was... polluted with *what happened to TheCruel*, starting at page 300, and some users requested to open a new thread.

Q: OMG, I know what happened to him, I will say it on this thread!!!!

A: Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo, this thread is for talking about my fork of freeShop, and the Original freeShop, not about what TheCruel did, that's how the original thread went into a complete disaster. If you want to know what happened and discuss about it, do it here:
http://gbatemp.net/threads/former-g...ected-pedophile-gets-20-year-sentence.468679/

Q: How to I update to this version?
A: Simply scan new QR Code with FBI

Q: How to dump my encTitleKey.bin file?
- First, you'll need to install and launch GodMode9:
- If you followed 3ds.guide, you should already have GodMode9, simply hold the START Button and select GodMode9 if asked.
- When GodMode9 is started, press the HOME Button
- Select the "More..." option
- Select the "Build support files" option
- Press the A button
- Press 2x the B button
- Select the "[0:] SDCARD" option
- Go to the "gm9out" folder
- Hover the "encTitleKeys.bin" file
- Press the Y Button
- Press the B Button
- Go to the "3ds" folder, "freeShop" folder, and then keys folder
- Press the Y Button and then the A Button to paste your "encTitleKeys.bin" file

Q: Why don't I have any friends?

A: You should get out more.

Troubleshooting

I keep getting "Failed to install seed" errors.

You likely have a FW version < 9.6 and therefore cannot play newer games that utilize crypto seeds. You can fix this with a FW update.

I keep getting "Wrong title key" errors.

You're probably not using correct encrypted keys (encTitleKeys.bin). Decrypted keys will give this error.

I keep getting "Failed to finalize TMD install: 0xC86044D2".

The system is reporting that you don't have enough space on your SD card to install the game. If it's a DSiWare game, then it's your NAND that doesn't have the space.

I keep getting "Failed to finalize content install: 0xD8E08025".
There are many possible reasons for this. But one known diagnosis is a possible SD card problem. For example, a fake SD card who is reporting space available while it's actually full will often give this error. Double-check your SD card.

I get error code 0xD8A08004

This happens with the installation state gets screwed up. You have to reboot the console to get rid of it. If you consistently get this, report how so the bug can be fixed.

Some games icons are missing/glitched
Refresh your cache via the freeShop's settings > Update > Refresh Cache button.

I keep getting Ticket Error with all games I want to download
Install and launch tikSweep, then reboot your console, this may fix your problem.

I don't get any sound when I'm on the freeShop
Please dump your DSP and launch the eShop.

My question is not listed here
Ask here

- Fix MH4U page crash in french language
- Try to resolve bugs that happens with download buffer
- Backup saves when deleting a game feature
- Add Notification feature
- Initialize keyboard in Update Settings with the current URL
- If the user enters the freeShop with the wifi disabled, enable it while the app is opened

Thanks to the users of this fork, it's very young and I still need to understand how cpp3ds works, but I can still use libctru which is more complete, TheCruel did a fantastic job for this software, the code is very understandable and clean.
Please feedback any feature that you want, or report any bug there.

Related:
[FAQ] Is freeShop legal? (thanks Crystal the Glaceon)
Theming guide for freeShop

Please don't talk about TheCruel here !
@arc13 what do you plan on doing with free shop when 3ds gets dropped so no access to eshop servers

Ev1l0rd

(⌐◥▶◀◤) girl - noirscape
Trophies
Website
catgirlsin.space
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hmmmm, about that. I can find Yo-kai Watch 2(Europe version) on that titlekey site, but on freeshop I cannot find it(Just US and JP). Does it have to do with the cache?
Yes. It works like this:

- Game not in cache? It won't show up.
- Game not in encTitlekeys.bin? It won't show up.

Blaze Uchiha

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This happened to me before 3.1. If the issue continues after upgrading freeShop to 3.1.1, download the updates by the eShop instead
I would but I got 022-2812 ban. I don't feel like changing my secure info A

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hmmmm, about that. I can find Yo-kai Watch 2(Europe version) on that titlekey site, but on freeshop I cannot find it(Just US and JP). Does it have to do with the cache?
did you update the url to the new title keys site?

Borjitasstoi

Trophies
XP
Country
Failed to check for update result code 0xD8A0A46
Level -> Permanent (27)
Summary -> invalid (5)
Module -> HTTP (40)
Desc Network unaviable (70)

From my FBI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Usually when such a big title leaks the Temp will be the first to report about it (going off of historical reports here, Pokemon SV being the latest one I can recall seeing pop up here)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still like how a freaking mp3 file hacks webos all that security defeated by text yet again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They have simulators for everything nowdays, cray cray. How about a sim that shows you playing the Switch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's called yuzu
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a 120hz 4k tv but crazy how more expensive the 120hz over the 60hz are. Or even more crazy is the price of 8k's.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No real point since movies are 30fps
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not a big movie buff, more of a gamer tbh. And Series X is 120hz 8k ready, but yea only 120hz 4k games out right now, but thinking of in the future.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly why you never see TV manufacturers going post 60hz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I only watch tv when i goto bed, it puts me to sleep, and I have a nas drive filled w my fav shows so i can watch them in order, commercial free. I usually watch Married w Children, or South Park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stremio ruined my need for nas
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I stream from Nas to firestick, one on every tv, and use Kodi. I'm happy w it, plays everything. (I pirate/torrent shows/movies on pc, and put on nas)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kodi repost are still pretty popular
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What the hell is Kodi reposts? what do you mean, or "Wut?" -xdqwerty
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Google them basically web crawlers to movie sites
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    oh you mean the 3rd party apps on Kodi, yea i know what you mean, yea there are still a few cool ones, in fact watched the new planet of the apes movie other night w wifey thru one, was good pic surprisingly, not a cam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, only $2.06 and free shipping. Gotta cost more for them to ship than $2.06
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all he watches anymore. He said he has got 3 letters from AT&T already about pirating, but he says f them, let them shut my internet off (He wants out of his AT&T contract anyways)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's where stremio comes to play never got a letter about it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just use a VPN, even give him my login and password so can use it also, and he refuses, he's funny.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had to find and get him an old style flip phone even without text, cause thats what he wanted. No text, no internet, only phone calls. Old, old school.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87 cents. Free shipping from China... It arrived it works and honestly I don't understand how it was so cheap.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87...