Hacking [Release] ARK-4 CFW port for PSP.

xFlesk

Trophies
Website
thecompany.pl
XP
Country
Netherlands
pic_0000.png

same here ;)

• Love
Reactions: SylverReZ

sombrerosonic

Idiot machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello guys, it's been a while since any news about ARK, but that changes today.
After lots of hard work, fellow developer meetpatty has been able to port a cIPL installer for ARK.
For those who don't know, cIPL is a custom bootloader hack that allows permanent CFW. It's main advantage with infinity is that it boots much faster, however it only works with pandora compatible models (1K and early 2K).

This is a pre-release version, testers have reported it to be safe but it is advise that you have a pandora battery at hand just in case something goes wrong.
Once enough people have reported and any bugs have been ironed out, we will make a proper release.
The beta package can be found here:
https://github.com/PSP-Archive/ARK-4/releases/tag/v1671304497
Will 3XXX ever be supported?

Reactions: Windows_10_User

Acid_Snake

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Will 3XXX ever be supported?
Yes, eventually we will port the MasterHax bootloader which supports 3K models.
Post automatically merged:

man I feel real stupid not being to get this going lol. I can't seem to find the vitabubble folder on the file system.
It's in the archive that you download (ARK4.zip)

xFlesk

Trophies
Website
thecompany.pl
XP
Country
Netherlands
so, i have updated cIPL version of ARK, here are the steps i did:
- copied ARK-01234 to save folder
- started ARK-Live in OFW
- restarted console to cIPL

am i did it good ? or i have to also run cIPL installer again ? or maybe the only thing i have to copy is the save data folder ?
i want to clarify since i cant see the differrent version number for now (pre-releases) ;)

Last edited by xFlesk,

Acid_Snake

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Ok, I did that and the kernel exploit only worked once and sat on a red screen. I am on 3.65 enso.
a red screen? that's weird.
Try installing the ARK_01234 folder from scratch (delete old one installed by FastARK, then copy the newest one over), followed by copying K.BIN from VitaBubble folder (into ARK_01234).

Reactions: godreborn

xFlesk

Trophies
Website
thecompany.pl
XP
Country
Netherlands
i decided to check the latest pre-release v4.19.1 cIPL (v1671447648) and it completly breaks my homebrews (eboots freeze on psp logo and crush the psp). i came back to v4.19 cIPL and all works fine.

Last edited by xFlesk,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i decided to check the latest pre-release v4.19.1 cIPL (v1671447648) and its completly breaks my homebrews (eboots freeze on psp logo and crush the psp). i came back to v4.19 cIPL and all works fine.
I mentioned the issues to @Acid_Snake on discord. he wanted to know if I encountered issues. I couldn't go into the recovery menu or custom launcher as both turned the system off. didn't check a game, but the system turned off as well after installing 4.19.1, but it didn't affect the cfw working.

Reactions: xFlesk

xFlesk

Trophies
Website
thecompany.pl
XP
Country
Netherlands
I mentioned the issues to @Acid_Snake on discord. he wanted to know if I encountered issues. I couldn't go into the recovery menu or custom launcher as both turned the system off. didn't check a game, but the system turned off as well after installing 4.19.1, but it didn't affect the cfw working.
same here. could not access recovery as well. the only way i could revert it to lower version was via ofw.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
same here. could not access recovery as well. the only way i could revert it to lower version was via ofw.
I didn't revert back. my psp is lying on my bed, in case he wants me to test a new build.
Post automatically merged:

I tested his update. everything now works.

Last edited by godreborn,
Reactions: xFlesk

Acid_Snake

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
i decided to check the latest pre-release v4.19.1 cIPL (v1671447648) and it completly breaks my homebrews (eboots freeze on psp logo and crush the psp). i came back to v4.19 cIPL and all works fine.
Try the last one I just pushed.

Do know that pre-release builds can contain experimental code so things are expected to break.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
works fine for me, both installer, custom launcher, and recovery mode. tested a game with save, also works. that's pretty much my testing steps.

Plstic

Guru Meditation Error
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a red screen? that's weird.
Try installing the ARK_01234 folder from scratch (delete old one installed by FastARK, then copy the newest one over), followed by copying K.BIN from VitaBubble folder (into ARK_01234).
still no luck :(. kernel exploit fails everytime. I also tried that new version of fastark linked too.

Reactions: Windows_10_User

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: After watching, that I feel like I'm on them already