Hacking [Release] ARK-4 CFW port for PSP.

Acid_Snake

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
maybe we'll try that, rn we managed to get to the recovery menu and will try to wipe the CFW clean using chronoswitch.
still, my point stands, i feel like the github needs to have a wiki with more info or some place for people to organize info.
most of the stuff i was able to help him with was knowledge that carried over from pro C2 and even then we struggled to find how to boot an eboot from the recovery menu because we couldnt find the file browser, cause there was no info on the recovery mode anywhere :P
Yes, I understand that more documentation is necessary, we try to write it as we go along.

brunocar

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Yes, I understand that more documentation is necessary, we try to write it as we go along.
no probs, i get that, its just that my friend got a big spook since there wasnt any expert level info to help, let alone beginner friendly like he needed.
i havent tried ark myself just yet but i'd love a github wiki in the style of OnionOS's one, so newbies can solve problems by themselves.

lauty29

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
The new version (4.20.58) it's not working for me, I had to rollback to a previous version to get it working again (other than that i've been enjoying ARK so far, keep it up the good work)
PSP 3001

Acid_Snake

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
The new version (4.20.58) it's not working for me, I had to rollback to a previous version to get it working again (other than that i've been enjoying ARK so far, keep it up the good work)
PSP 3001
Try deleting the ARK savedata and copying it again, then rerun ARK Loader.
Post automatically merged:

PSP 3001
Any update on this? Perhaps it's a plugin, have you tried booting the CFW while holding start button? This temporarily disables plugins.

Last edited by Acid_Snake,
Reactions: lauty29

lauty29

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Try deleting the ARK savedata and copying it again, then rerun ARK Loader.

Any update on this? Perhaps it's a plugin, have you tried booting the CFW while holding start button? This temporarily disables plugins.
sorry i was busy.
I did a clean install (new save folder, no plugins) and when i run the ark loader i get error (1)

Yossariano

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there! I'm using ARK-4 standalone on my Vita, and absolutely loving it. Playing PSP games feels way more responsive than using Adrenaline. I'm hoping to replace Adrenaline with ARK-4 full time, but there's the little problem of PS1 games not working. I looked for an FAQ or GitHub feature request for this but I could not find the latest info- what are the prospects of getting PS1 support working on the Vita standalone versions? Is it simply an impossibility? If it's possible but just not resourced, let me know if there's a bounty or anything I can contribute to in order to show my support for the feature.

Thanks again for the great work!

Acid_Snake

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi there! I'm using ARK-4 standalone on my Vita, and absolutely loving it. Playing PSP games feels way more responsive than using Adrenaline. I'm hoping to replace Adrenaline with ARK-4 full time, but there's the little problem of PS1 games not working. I looked for an FAQ or GitHub feature request for this but I could not find the latest info- what are the prospects of getting PS1 support working on the Vita standalone versions? Is it simply an impossibility? If it's possible but just not resourced, let me know if there's a bounty or anything I can contribute to in order to show my support for the feature.

Thanks again for the great work!
No it's not impossible, will require some work but it's doable. I can't give an ETA though.

Edit: for clarification, PS1 loading in Standalone will not work in the current standalone installations but will require a new and specially crafted bootloader (bubble) that'll run ARK in PS1CFW mode (yes, that's a thing, but hasn't been done since firmware 3.20). So basically you'll have a separate bubble with a special ARK PS1 loader.

Acid_Snake

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hey guys, new (and HUGE) release here:
https://github.com/PSP-Archive/ARK-4/releases/tag/r42060

Changelog:
- You can now toggle `USB` connection in `File Browser` (`Launcher`/`Recovery`).
- Implemented UNIX-style hidden files/folders in `Custom Launcher` (and `Recovery`).
- `Custom Laucher` (and `Recovery`) will now remember last folder used in `File Browser`.
- Updated and added new translations.
- Improved lots of text displayed in the `Custom Launcher` (and `Recovery`) when using translations.
- `File Browser` can now display game icons and animations.
- Added option to disable file size calculation in `File Browser`.
- A progress bar is now displayed when downloading an update in the `Custom Launcher`.
- Fixed graphical glitch when loading the `Custom Launcher` or `Recovery`.
- Several other fixes and improvements.

Reactions: Serph-DDS

blasphemous

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Changelog:
- You can now toggle `USB` connection in `File Browser` (`Launcher`/`Recovery`).
- Implemented UNIX-style hidden files/folders in `Custom Launcher` (and `Recovery`).
- `Custom Laucher` (and `Recovery`) will now remember last folder used in `File Browser`.
- Updated and added new translations.
- Improved lots of text displayed in the `Custom Launcher` (and `Recovery`) when using translations.
- `File Browser` can now display game icons and animations.
- Added option to disable file size calculation in `File Browser`.
- A progress bar is now displayed when downloading an update in the `Custom Launcher`.
- Fixed graphical glitch when loading the `Custom Launcher` or `Recovery`.
- Several other fixes and improvements.
update was successful via the network update. this is godreborn btw. I'll probably be banned, at which point, I'll no longer help anyone, discord or otherwise. I've been helping others compile greatly.

Reactions: Acid_Snake

blasphemous

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
coo9l. You were always very helpful to me and knowledgeable but this place has became terrible since it woke up.
well, I'm trying to convince acid snake not to post anymore on here or place. it's obvious no one gives a shit on either site. bunch of idiots in both regards.

if I get banned again, then please don't post anymore, and that goes for anyone else. the fact that I don't know code, but I'd go out of my way for others to fix mostly button mapping issues should say something about my character. I've done this multiple times with nintendont, then luma as well, when a button didn't work.

Last edited by blasphemous,

ssjkakaroto

Trophies
XP
Country
That's a shame godreborn. I've always seen Discord as an amateur version of IRC, closed and owned by some shady company, so I probably won't be getting any help from you there. Good luck on your future endeavors.

blasphemous

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's a shame godreborn. I've always seen Discord as an amateur version of IRC, closed and owned by some shady company, so I probably won't be getting any help from you there. Good luck on your future endeavors.
they banned me for a year actually, but if you expect me to stick around for that long, who would???

I'll try to help you, but if they ban me, it's not like I can.

Reactions: ssjkakaroto

Acid_Snake

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
but there's the little problem of PS1 games not working
Oh trust me brother this bothers me more than it bothers you, considering that I've spent the past few weeks banging my head on the wall trying to figure it out, which we are actually pretty damn close to achieving, just need to figure out a (hopefully one last) piece of the puzzle, but the idea is to eventually have a "PS1 Standalone Launcher", which would work like Standalone installations but purely for PS1 games.

ARK-4 has this nice little feature that was inherited from ARK-3 (itself inherited from TN-X), the ability to run in PS1CFW mode, which basically lets ARK take over the "PS1 emulator" of the PS Vita (which is actually just the PSP emulator running with some different configuration), but Sony did a lot of things to make sure we couldn't do this again (I wonder why they were so butthurt of us hacking such old games and why they took so many extra steps to prevent it).

JaegerFox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The standalone installation on Vita (Version 4.20.60 Rev 7)
doesn't seem to work anymore, as it did a few versions ago...
I understand that your priority now is ARK-4 Adrenaline, but the standalone version worked fine.

But now, trying to open any game, homebrew or the recovery menu itself crashes the app.

there is one thing I found, what is the PS1CFW folder? future plans?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay