Hacking [Release] ARK-4 CFW port for PSP.

rsslcs

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Tech question! So I reinstalled Adrenaline alongside ARK. I'm essentially going to use ARK for PSP and Adrenaline for PS1. I read just above that it's fine, but do I have anything to do or will both launchers happily co-exist?

Finally, I have a feeling this may be challenging, but is there a way to create live area bubbles for games to use ark? For example, I'd like to use the per-game plugin function to allow GTA:LCS to run native, and it'd be awesome to launch from live area directly.

Thanks a lot for the great work, per-game plugins and all the new fixes/optimisations are already freaking awesome as it is.

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Once I install Infinity from OFW, I can't run it again from ARK to actually configure the autoboot. It just sits on a black screen for a few seconds then the PSP shuts down. Tried on a PSP-3004, with ARK releases r100 and r110, the same issue is present on both versions. Chronoswitch Downgrader was used between attempts to start from a clean 6.61 OFW. Any help is appreciated.

julio.apc16

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello friend, good work with ark, it's been a long time since I've used it, how do you use the menu, and change games?

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Once I install Infinity from OFW, I can't run it again from ARK to actually configure the autoboot. It just sits on a black screen for a few seconds then the PSP shuts down. Tried on a PSP-3004, with ARK releases r100 and r110, the same issue is present on both versions. Chronoswitch Downgrader was used between attempts to start from a clean 6.61 OFW. Any help is appreciated.

What version of PSP do you have? Because there are problems with some later model PSP.

JaegerFox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Also this, unfortunately, I really wanted to use the DLC of Disgaea 2.
Just to clarify the DLC of Disgaea 2 works if they are decrypted, but only using ARK with Adrenaline the alert still appear
Please you can play PSN/PBP games? ARK exits without showing any error.

Acid_Snake

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
But you already have modified Infinity. Same thing, as for me.
Yeah but what would be the practical difference between recompiling popsloader to check for 6.61 and just patching it on the fly to do so? The later is compatible with builds and download links all around, the former would be a more limiting approach imo.
There's also the convenience of being able to use the same popsloader you used for PRO rather than having to install a specific one for ARK.

RealYoti

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
@Acid_Snake as I understand, you want to create simple and lightweight CFW. Adding such patches isn't simple way. Will you add another bypass if we found another non working plugin? Or, maybe, ten of them? Also you choosed old popsloader version (v3) when updated one (v4) is used more often.

Also, please mark autobuilds on GitHub as pre-releases. This will hold latest stable release on the main page.

ron2797k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hello! first of all thanks to the developers for their great work and keeping the community active. I started using my psp go again with permanent cfw 6.20 and I would like to update it to the latest version of ark with ofw 6.60, at the time I did not use infinity because I read that it had errors with psp go, but I guess that's fixed. Honestly I'm completely lost on what to do since my English is bad and I've been out of the scene for a long time, could someone guide me please? Thank you!

Acid_Snake

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hello! first of all thanks to the developers for their great work and keeping the community active. I started using my psp go again with permanent cfw 6.20 and I would like to update it to the latest version of ark with ofw 6.60, at the time I did not use infinity because I read that it had errors with psp go, but I guess that's fixed. Honestly I'm completely lost on what to do since my English is bad and I've been out of the scene for a long time, could someone guide me please? Thank you!
It's simple really. Download and install latest official PSP firmware 6.61 from any valid page on Google.
Download ARK and you will find a folder named Infinity and a file called EBOOT_GO.PBP which must be copied to /PSP/GAME/UPDATE/ folder of your memory stick. Then you can install infinity and ARK.

@Acid_Snake as I understand, you want to create simple and lightweight CFW. Adding such patches isn't simple way. Will you add another bypass if we found another non working plugin? Or, maybe, ten of them? Also you choosed old popsloader version (v3) when updated one (v4) is used more often.

Also, please mark autobuilds on GitHub as pre-releases. This will hold latest stable release on the main page.
The problem with Popsloader V3 not working on firmware 6.61 is not an issue with ARK, same issue happens in PRO and ME. The plugin was simply fails to check for 6.61, ARK allows it work with a sample patch.
As for V4i, I couldn't find the source code for it.
AFAIK there shouldn't be any malfunctioning plugin with ARK, popsloader just depends on special functionality that I had to implement from scratch for ARK. Everything else I've tried works perfectly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, it wasnt aimed at you but ok