Homebrew [RELEASE] Aroma Environment for Wii U

zebrone

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm planning to remove dust from my WiiU...
I dont remember if installed haxchi o cbhc,or both of them. In every case:

1) Whats the best hack Tiramisu or
Aroma?

2) Before installing Aroma/Tiramisu i
must uninstall the previous hacks?

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
1) Whats the best hack Tiramisu or
Aroma?
Aroma is the current go-to CFW setup, unless you're using (or plan to use) Retroarch, for which you'll need Tiramisu instead (unless the Retroarch was updated recently to work on Aroma as well). Good thing about Aroma and Tiramisu is that it's really easy to switch between them, therefore I'd recommend having both of them on your system, with Aroma being the default one.
2) Before installing Aroma/Tiramisu i
must uninstall the previous hacks?
CBHC must be deleted prior to installing Aroma/Tiramisu. If you have CBHC, check the Uninstall CBHC page.

Haxchi's removal is highly recommended but still completely optional, in case you'd like to keep it as an alternative way to boot into CFW or for some other reason. If you choose to autoboot into Tiramisu/Aroma, make sure that you do not both Haxchi and Aroma/Tiramisu at the same time. If you have Haxchi and want to uninstall it, simply uninstall the Haxchi app from Data Management in the System Settings app.

Here's the guide you should follow: https://wiiu.hacks.guide/

Additionally, for the game backups to work, you'll need latest sigpatches. Download the 01_sigpatches.rpx file and paste it into /wiiu/environments/tiramisu/modules/setup and/or /wiiu/environments/aroma/modules/setup on your SD Card.

Reactions: lordelan

zebrone

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thank you for your high explaination guide.
I must find mi wiiU from garage and then i will see how to do...

Some other questions:
1)is it possible that my wiiU has Haxchi + CHBC? Just in case,i need to uninstall both of them,right?

2) When i must update to latest 5.5.5 EU?
Before installing Aroma/Tiramisu,or after installing them?

Last edited by zebrone,

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
1)is it possible that my wiiU has Haxchi + CHBC? Just in case,i need to uninstall both of them,right?
It is possible, indeed.

Haxchi is a homebrew app that allows loading homebrew by using a channel on the system menu. It replaces a real Virtual Console DS game with itself.
Coldboot Haxchi aka CBHC is a version of Haxchi that automatically launches on boot.

As I've previously mentioned, you must uninstall CBHC before you install Tiramisu/Aroma, as you'll most likely autoboot into them. Uninstalling Haxchi is optional but highly recommended unless you know what you're doing. Just follow this guide and you'll be good to go: https://wiiu.hacks.guide/

2) When i must update to latest 5.5.5 EU?
Before installing Aroma/Tiramisu,or after installing them?
I was already on the latest firmware when I got my Wii Us, so I'm not sure which is the best way to update your console. I suggest that you wait for someone else to reply back about this.

I believe that you should uninstall your CBHC first, optionally Haxchi as well, followed by updating your firmware to the latest version. After that, you should be able to hack your console with Aroma/Tiramisu.

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I believe that you should uninstall your CBHC first, optionally Haxchi as well, followed by updating your firmware to the latest version. After that, you should be able to hack your console with Aroma/Tiramisu.
Correct but don't forget to remove any update block, too.

Hachi and CBHC at the same time I don't think you have. That would mean you would need two DS games. Is your Wii U autobooting into the CFW and do you have a DO NOT TOCH app? If so it's CBHC.

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
odd i have 2 problems (maybe 3 now)
1)env loader won't autoboot the selected option in either tiramisu or aroma (the env will autoload (blue selection menu) but the one for WiiUMenu/vWii keeps popping up despite selecting an option to autoboot (black menu)
2) dumping my nand using the payload won't work (trying to setup cemu on my deck) after selecting my options and hitting "a" it says "failed to open /opt" and simply reboots
3) when loading aroma it errors saying in a red text box cannot write to SD card it maybe write protected (it isn't as i can transfer files to and from my pc and boot tiramisu no problem)

rsx

USA Modchip Installer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question: I followed a guide on youtube and got everything set up, but how do i automatically boot the console into vWii mode? Where's the menu to choose? I know it was in tiramisu from other videos i watched. I dont have a sensor bar or a wiimote.

Lynx64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Question: I followed a guide on youtube and got everything set up, but how do i automatically boot the console into vWii mode? Where's the menu to choose? I know it was in tiramisu from other videos i watched. I dont have a sensor bar or a wiimote.
Hold + on the GamePad while booting, then you can choose either vWii Menu or the Homebrew Channel (if you have it installed).

TonyNESgri

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hold + on the GamePad while booting, then you can choose either vWii Menu or the Homebrew Channel (if you have it installed).
And if you press Y on one of those options, you can make the menu of your choice be the default one to load !

To clear your default choice, press X.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: LMAO