Homebrew [RELEASE] Aroma Environment for Wii U

Th3L3g3nd123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow, testing Aroma has been amazing! Loading any type of .rpx from the Wii U menu is insane to see and witness. Apps that needed the old HBL to work and not Mii Maker/HBL, works now with Aroma no problem! I can't wait to see what more Aroma has to offer! Congrats on the build devs!

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
The Homebrew App Store has already a "AROMA" Section.....but is empty for the moment.😊

Ohne Titel-1.jpg

Th3L3g3nd123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im using the sigpatches for tiramasu and they seem to work in the sense games boot and none complain but some crash on exit and some crash on load.
So far 3D world crashes on exit and Shantae crashes on load for me while Xenoblade X with uncensored patch / Mario kart / splatoon seem to work correctly.
Aroma is currently in public beta day 1 so many issues will slowly come out, still, testing games out can help with the process

Reactions: jeannotte

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just want to thank you guys Gary and Maschell and all the devs that came before, the Wii U is my favorite console of all time and you keep making it better. Congratulations on the release and I can see already the huge amount of nice plugins that will come to Wii U, this is the beginning of something beautiful, today we all won.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Good Morning.😊
That's the question :D I think only discs? Maschell confirmed it personally to me but I haven't asked if disc or installed.... Does the Wii U even check the region for installed titles? I think so...
I have installed the US Mario Kart 8 ("Not Disc Version" with DLC and Update) on the PAL Wii U - It freezes on the "Mario Kart 8" Logo Screen...😢

The EU Version ("NUSspli Version") with DLC and Update works.

Last edited by Alexander1970,
Reactions: jeannotte

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Good Morning.😊

im still in Mocha in WII U for 5years
not doing the Haxchi cuz of brick

For Mocha CFW (Indexiine) users: go to the Uninstall Indexiine page to uninstall Indexiine.
For Mocha CFW (Online Exploit) users: you do not need to do anything before following this guide.

does tiramisu and Aroma has this brick too?
..great work btw
The Main Files are on the SD Card.
You boot with the PayLoader into the EnvironmentLoader.
There is nearly no Chance of Bricking your Wii U,it is a very,very safe Method.

It is recommended to use TIRAMISU too because AROMA is a PUBLIC BETA at the Moment and has some new Features and for the Moment many Homebrews are not working,so you can "switch" to Tiramisu.It is a very similar Environment but has not the "Power" of AROMA.😊

First you have to make the Browser Exploit like in this "official" Manual described.
https://wiiu.hacks.guide/#/tiramisu/browser-exploit
Follow the Steps to use TIRAMISU on your Wii U.

From the Developer:
Tiramisu and Aroma share the same EnvironmentLoader. If you’re already running Tiramisu, all you need to do is download new files, extract them to your SD Card and boot into the Aroma Environment. If you don’t have a way to run the EnvironmentLoader yet, I would recommend following the Tiramisu guides and install Aroma on top.

Please Note:
AROMA is BETA and many Homebrew / Things are not working / working properly at the Moment.😊

Good Luck and have Fun.😉

Last edited by Alexander1970,

ADHD1977

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I need some help, i think i did something wrong.

After having aroma run like it should, all my games on USB, now say. "You did not buy this game with the exsisting nintendo id" and they wont start. I downloaded them all with NUSspli. Can this be fixed, or do i have to start over ???

Reactions: Alexander1970

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Good Morning.😊

I need some help, i think i did something wrong.

After having aroma run like it should, all my games on USB, now say. "You did not buy this game with the exsisting nintendo id" and they wont start. I downloaded them all with NUSspli. Can this be fixed, or do i have to start over ???
Please copy the Sigpatches Module (01_sigpatches.rpx) from the Tiramisu to the Aroma Folder.^_^

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
@Alexander1970,

I have to redownload it from gbaTemp.
Were do i put this in Tiramisu.. what folder.
I also have the problem in Tiramisu ??

https://wiiu.hacks.guide/#/tiramisu/sd-preparation

What You Need

The latest files from Tiramisu for your café.
Select Nanddumper, PayloadLoader Installer and Base-Tiramisu.
The latest release of the Sigpatches Module.
You will need to download the 01_sigpatches.rpx file.
and then

Copy the 01_sigpatches.rpx file to /wiiu/environments/tiramisu/modules/setup on your SD Card.
So for AROMA:
Copy the 01_sigpatches.rpx file to /wiiu/environments/aroma/modules/setup on your SD Card.

Reactions: Walwii

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
This is really interesting, it opens up many possibilities, I wonder though, in theory can this finally allow USB to be read in FAT32 format for example or something? Maybe be able to use the gamepad on vWii mode without having to patch games and apps, or be easier to pair other blutooth controllers similar to Bluepair without the limitations? Or run Wii U games off USB without having to install them via wup installer?

N7Kopper

Lest we forget... what Nazi stood for.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This is really interesting, it opens up many possibilities, I wonder though, in theory can this finally allow USB to be read in FAT32 format for example or something? Maybe be able to use the gamepad on vWii mode without having to patch games and apps, or be easier to pair other blutooth controllers similar to Bluepair without the limitations? Or run Wii U games off USB without having to install them via wup installer?
The only thing Wii U code could do is properly prepare the Wii Virtual Console sandbox.

AxlSt00pid

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Dang, I think it's about time I plug my Wii U and upgrade from my regular haxchi setup to this

Hope it's an easy upgrade and that the fact that years ago I deleted the update folder on my Wii U doesn't cause any trouble

Th3L3g3nd12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dang, I think it's about time I plug my Wii U and upgrade from my regular haxchi setup to this

Hope it's an easy upgrade and that the fact that years ago I deleted the update folder on my Wii U doesn't cause any trouble
It is easy and it won’t cause issue, you can just make a new update folder. Just follow the Wii U hack guide first and then follow Aroma’s instructions. Soon, that site will be updated to include Aroma.

Reactions: AxlSt00pid

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I was listening to the Ice T Iceberg CD other day, good stuff
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    i concur
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    power is my fave tho, masterpiece
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still waiting on that new ll album
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    steve miller band got me into rock from folk and country
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    fly like an eagle
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You guys ever heard of group out of detroit called "Top Authority"? They were good too.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Guess this is the power of genres they make you talk about other artists
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    What are you guys talking about?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hamsters
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People that do drugs
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I been listening to a f-ton of jrock and jpop lately
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    mainly a lot of go!go! and cibo matto
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    and old ass prog like atomic rooster and gentle giant
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Lil' hamster yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, Big hamster yawn
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stop stealing his sayings
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, svebe
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sometimes when I poop I just think that's it?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The worst is when its a dry poop, then you spend 20 minutes and ha!f a roll of TP wiping. Its like wiping TP over a magic marker, just won't stop showing.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, or diarrhea
    +2
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :shit: is :shit: +1