Homebrew [RELEASE] Aroma Environment for Wii U

CrazySquid

Trophies
XP
Country
Everything from the page is fine
So, I tried with another SD Card, and since I had just read this, I went with a bare-bones Aroma setup, just like the screenshot shows (EnvironmentLoader and Base-Aroma).
The SD Card literally only had Aroma in it, not even a single homebrew app, but it still softlocks when exiting ZombiU.

I did format the new SD Card using SD Card Formatter, and noticed that I was using FAT instead of FAT32, but everything was working fine, the other SD Card was on FAT instead of FAT32 as well, but had mods with SDCaffine and those were working fine with Mario Kart 8. Also had a few .rpx homebrew that was showing in the menu and was working well. So not sure if I should try again with FAT32 or FAT is ok.

Last edited by CrazySquid,

SylverReZ

Certified GBATemp Boomer
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
hi,can you also play all region disc based games with aroma,ask this for a friend.
Aroma is only region free for installed content, and not for disc-based games yet from what I've heard. You will still need to install CFW.

Last edited by SylverReZ,

CheatFreak47

Catgirl Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And where is now the difference between this module and yours?
The difference is that one of those is a module designed to be used for tiramisu (and just happened to work with Aroma without issues, afaik) and the other is a plugin designed to be used in Aroma's WUPS (Wii U Plugin System).

The plugin version should definitely never cause any issues, since it is made specifically for Aroma's environment.

It's not a very complicated difference to understand. The source codes are even available.

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
It's not a very complicated difference to understand. The source codes are even available.
And you should keep in mind that not everyone can read code. The first segment of your answer would have been perfectly sufficient. With the second sentence, however, you unfortunately sound like a snobbish a****le. But thanks anyway.

CheatFreak47

Catgirl Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And you should keep in mind that not everyone can read code. The first segment of your answer would have been perfectly sufficient. With the second sentence, however, you unfortunately sound like a snobbish a****le. But thanks anyway.
You're welcome. Also you can just call me an asshole without using asterisks, there's no policy saying you need to self censor insults. :)
And boy golly do you seem to have a short fuse, take a chill pill buddy.
So, I tried with another SD Card, and since I had just read this, I went with a bare-bones Aroma setup, just like the screenshot shows (EnvironmentLoader and Base-Aroma).
The SD Card literally only had Aroma in it, not even a single homebrew app, but it still softlocks when exiting ZombiU.

I did format the new SD Card using SD Card Formatter, and noticed that I was using FAT instead of FAT32, but everything was working fine, the other SD Card was on FAT instead of FAT32 as well, but had mods with SDCaffine and those were working fine with Mario Kart 8. Also had a few .rpx homebrew that was showing in the menu and was working well. So not sure if I should try again with FAT32 or FAT is ok.
I have ZombiiU so I'll see if I can confirm this problem, in a bit.

So I can get rid of the brainage mod?
If you want to use Aroma or Tiramisu, you have to uninstall Coldboot Haxchi out of necessity. If you just have regular Haxchi (non-coldboot) installed into Brain Age, it's recommend you delete the DS game and redownload it (if you want to play Brain Age) as trying to mix multiple homebrew environments together doesn't work.

Reactions: CrazySquid

CrazySquid

Trophies
XP
Country
I have ZombiiU so I'll see if I can confirm this problem, in a bit.
Keep in mind that the softlocks were random, it doesn't always crashes, but it mostly does when I exit the game after long gaming sessions (around 2 hours of gameplay).

Not sure if my FAT16 SD Card made a difference here, cause I think Aroma is meant to be ran in a FAT32 filesystem but idk, aside of that ZombiU thing, everything works fine for me, even SDCaffine mods with Aroma on MK8.

Also, I'm playing the game from the disc, not the digital version.

CheatFreak47

Catgirl Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Keep in mind that the softlocks were random, it doesn't always crashes, but it mostly does when I exit the game after long gaming sessions (around 2 hours of gameplay).

Not sure if my FAT16 SD Card made a difference here, cause I think Aroma is meant to be ran in a FAT32 filesystem but idk, aside of that ZombiU thing, everything works fine for me, even SDCaffine mods with Aroma on MK8.

Also, I'm playing the game from the disc, not the digital version.
Okay yeah, I can 100% confirm this issue. I played on my digital version for about 20 minutes and I also just got an exit game softlock. There's no problems while the game is running it seems at least. So it looks like it doesn't matter whether it is a physical copy or digital.

My setup to test this was a brand new verified good Sandisk 32GB FAT32 SD, cluster size 32K.
Aroma beta 6 installed clean also, with no plugins aside from base aroma. So at least that's a second confirmation of the problem.

Last edited by CheatFreak47,

Akumara

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
This has been talked about but still no solution.
Injecting USA ISO games into a Japanese Console sometimes forces and defaults to Japanese. I've tried all settings in Region Free and it still happens, is there any possible add-on solution being developed or is it even possible?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...