Homebrew [RELEASE] BootAnim9 - Custom boot animations for your 3DS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Docmudkipz

Novice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nothing runs fullspeed so far at source fps though... It shouldn't tear much as long as the source fps is divisible by the converted one though right (e.g. source=24, converted=12)?
Anything with the new releases don't have to halve the fps, it should work fine at source fps

Ill see about this in a second, have to get the new release out into here check on it

bunny5390

Newcomer
Trophies
the Land of the Rising Greenhouse-gas-emissions
XP
Country
Canada
Anything with the new releases don't have to halve the fps, it should work fine at source fps

Ill see about this in a second, have to get the new release out into here check on it

I have the release linked in the OP: https://github.com/docmudkipz/makeanim/releases/tag/0.666

Could also be that my SD's fragmented or something. I'm in the process of formatting it and re-copying everything.
Or I copied the wrong file over xD

Docmudkipz

Novice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

bunny5390

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nothing has actually changed in terms of how it converts, so any tearing is the fault of the payload, to which my knowledge cant be fixed at the moment

Oh wait, you meant the new Ba9 release. Duh /facepalm. Anyway, I'll try formating and making sure I have the right payload. Thanks for the help!

Drukan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thanks, now work on my 3ds! But can now show 2 anim, my custom anim and the reinand anim, can I remove the reinand anim?

OnenZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
SO! For make it works i need this files: My own a9lh.bin and changes the name to a9payload, the a9lh on this zip to replace my own a9lh which it is now on the folder anim, right? and make those folders to 0 from 9. (But if i want 1 boot only make 0 folder, right?)
But if a want a Top and bottom... I need to create folder 0 & 1 and put top on 0 and bottom on 1?

Ahhg!... understand english tutorials are weird xDDD

Last edited by OnenZ,

bunny5390

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
SO! For make it works i need this files: My own a9lh.bin and changes the name to a9payload, the a9lh on this zip to replace my own a9lh which it is now on the folder anim, right?

Yes, unless you use Luma3DS. If you use Luma, you name your a9lh payload "luma.bin".

and make those folders to 0 from 9. (But if i want 1 boot only make 0 folder, right?)

Yes, if you want only one animation you just make a folder called "0", and put the animation and config files in there.

But if a want I Top and bottom... I need to create folder 0 & 1 and put top on 0 and bottom on 1?

No. If you want animations on both screens, you put both animation files in the folder named "0".
So in the folder named "anim", you will have these files and folders:

- A folder named "0"
- The "calibrator" file from the newest BootAnim9 release
- Either "arm9payload.bin" or "luma.bin"

In the folder named "0" you will have these files:

-A file called "anim" for the top screen
-A file called "bottom_anim" for the bottom screen
-A file called "config"

OnenZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Yes, unless you use Luma3DS. If you use Luma, you name your a9lh payload "luma.bin".

Yes, if you want only one animation you just make a folder called "0", and put the animation and config files in there.

No. If you want animations on both screens, you put both animation files in the folder named "0".
So in the folder named "anim", you will have these files and folders:

- A folder named "0"
- The "calibrator" file from the newest BootAnim9 release
- Either "arm9payload.bin" or "luma.bin"

In the folder named "0" you will have these files:

-A file called "anim" for the top screen
-A file called "bottom_anim" for the bottom screen
-A file called "config"
Okay, so like my setup it's with luma i need to rename my own a9lh to luma and thats all. Okay, thanks!

Edit: Woah, like a charm... It's beautifull the ReiNand by MTfresh
There is no other same but with the Luma3DS?

Last edited by OnenZ,

bunny5390

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Okay, so like my setup it's with luma i need to rename my own a9lh to luma and thats all. Okay, thanks!

Edit: Woah, like a charm... It's beautifull the ReiNand by MTfresh
There is no other same but with the Luma3DS?

Not sure, I haven't really been watching the animations thread recently. Maybe just search the thread for "Luma" with GBAtemp's search bar? There's a checkbox to search only within the thread :).

Wolfvak

nyaa~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
how i can use multiple payloads with boot anim9? like decrypt9 and uncart for example?

You can use a bootloader like BootCTR9, just drop arm9bootloader.bin (ignore arm9loaderhax.bin, v0.6 has support for it) on the SD card root and configure like you want it.

If you use another bootloader you'll have to drop it as "/anim/arm9payload.bin" of course

Reactions: angelus kun

angelus kun

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
You can use a bootloader like BootCTR9, just drop arm9bootloader.bin (ignore arm9loaderhax.bin, v0.6 has support for it) on the SD card root and configure like you want it.

If you use another bootloader you'll have to drop it as "/anim/arm9payload.bin" of course

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I have a couple of questions:

1) I have v0.5 set up with Luma. What specifically do I need to change with v0.6?

2) Does this version solve the low brightness issue with Luma in previous builds?

OnenZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I have a couple of questions:

1) I have v0.5 set up with Luma. What specifically do I need to change with v0.6?

2) Does this version solve the low brightness issue with Luma in previous builds?

1. If u have luma with a9lh u need to change the a9payload to luma, and thats all i think.. I dont know how much bcs i started yesterday to use it xD

Strangre

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bootanim v0.6 work like a charm, everything boot nicely. I also tested on my R4i-sdhc Dscart and it work. Thank you so much* for the awesome boot animation!

Last edited by Strangre,
Reactions: Wolfvak

Wolfvak

nyaa~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Latest release, v0.6.1, includes a "special" feature for Gateway users ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I'll think whether I keep it or not after this release.

https://github.com/wolfvak/bootanim9/releases/latest

Other than that, I removed support for launching BootCTR9 directly, as you can just drop it's arm9loaderhax.bin as arm9payload.bin and it will still work fine.
It also includes an error message in case the payload couldn't be found instead of that ugly white screen.

Last edited by Wolfvak,
D

Deleted User

Latest release, v0.6.1, includes a "special" feature for Gateway users ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

https://github.com/wolfvak/bootanim9/releases/latest

Other than that, I removed support for launching BootCTR9 directly, as you can just drop it's arm9loaderhax.bin as arm9payload.bin and it will still work fine.
It also includes an error message in case the payload couldn't be found instead of that ugly white screen.
I see that it says no more path changing... I was just going to ask how to do it lol.

Does this mean Star 3ds and Luma Updater will work without path changing?

Farowe

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I am a gateway user and your "special" feature while its funny (it scared me at first) it takes booting time from the animation i intend to use resulting in my animation to be cutted by half. Besides, i am greeted with this "special" feature everytime the 3ds is soft-reseted.
IMG_8255.jpg
I am telling you man, this is gonna get annoying after a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Let me finish do the harder drugs