ROM Hack [RELEASE] Bravely Default Village Save Editor

Alteration

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Just a word of warning for when a full editor is released, editing can cause issues, not sure what caused mine (I doubt its part of the village editing) but i can not change Ringabell's job anymore as it causes the system to freeze.

Oswarlan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a word of warning for when a full editor is released, editing can cause issues, not sure what caused mine (I doubt its part of the village editing) but i can not change Ringabell's job anymore as it causes the system to freeze.

Yeah I got that a bunch when trying to edit the main save. If you edit any part of the game into something it doesn't allow, (100+ item stack for example), the game just dies on access attempt and you gotta roll back. I'm almost certain that is what went wrong with your Ringabel.

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems that what kept crashing me was the special move shop. I made a new save and renamed colony1 to colony0 in order to start out fresh, and it no longer crashes me. I edited it to have 200 villagers, and I can build and level up the shop just fine, nothing seems to be crashing any more. Now all I need to figure out is how to edit pg, and I think I'll be satisfied.

Oswarlan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems that what kept crashing me was the special move shop. I made a new save and renamed colony1 to colony0 in order to start out fresh, and it no longer crashes me. I edited it to have 200 villagers, and I can build and level up the shop just fine, nothing seems to be crashing any more. Now all I need to figure out is how to edit pg, and I think I'll be satisfied.

Special move shop actually has a combo-byte deal going on, so it doesn't surprise me that there was an issue there. All the other building levels are all on their own (x0L) where L is the level, but special shop is... special, and has 2 values in that for some reason. (x?L) where ? is something I've not figured out, and L is level.
As for pg, in Oishikattas thread, ak!1 lists how pg is stored, so the information on how to edit it exists, in case you weren't yet aware. ;)

Reactions: Zerousen

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Special move shop actually has a combo-byte deal going on, so it doesn't surprise me that there was an issue there. All the other building levels are all on their own (x0L) where L is the level, but special shop is... special, and has 2 values in that for some reason. (x?L) where ? is something I've not figured out, and L is level.
As for pg, in Oishikattas thread, ak!1 lists how pg is stored, so the information on how to edit it exists, in case you weren't yet aware. ;)
Ah, that explains why it was the only shop causing the crashing issue.

As for the pg, problem is that I have no idea what to do, complete newb when it comes to editing things without the use of handy editors like yours.

Chrisssj2

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Havent actually played the game yet. Is this population and level thing important in the game?
Does this eliminate the need of other players?

Oswarlan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Havent actually played the game yet. Is this population and level thing important in the game?
Does this eliminate the need of other players?

It's fairly important if you want to get the rewards from the village. If you want to get the rewards normally, it can take many hours of waiting if you don't have enough villagers.
It eliminates getting villagers from players, but currently can't help you if you want to deal with the nemesis system.

Reactions: Chrisssj2

tyons

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I must say, getting villagers is super easy without cheats. set up homepass and start streetpassing. the number will grow quickly.
also the money isn't a problem. as soon as you can steal, get a lv. 25 mammon (a nemesis) through streetpass and steal from it. if you steal ethers, it's the wrong type of mammon. if you steal elixirs, it's the right one. sell each of those elixirs for 25000 pg.
there's an even better method but it's a bit more complicated.

kingaz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I must say, getting villagers is super easy without cheats. set up homepass and start streetpassing. the number will grow quickly.
also the money isn't a problem. as soon as you can steal, get a lv. 25 mammon (a nemesis) through streetpass and steal from it. if you steal ethers, it's the wrong type of mammon. if you steal elixirs, it's the right one. sell each of those elixirs for 25000 pg.
there's an even better method but it's a bit more complicated.

First, homepass has become a massive pain in the ass after Nintendo made whatever changes with the newer updates. I cannot get it to work on my machine.

I'm sure it still works, but it is dependent on your wireless card and whatever wizardry they've got going on at the thread. Regardless, assuming my wireless card can even jump through the hoops to get any homepass functionality, I am officially out of fucks to give.

At least there's best buy during Nintendo streetpass events >_<

Second, getting that special Mammon can take a while. It will happen eventually, and whenever I get around to playing the game again I'll start sending it out over the Update Data. But it's not exactly the most common thing.

Chrisssj2

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It's fairly important if you want to get the rewards from the village. If you want to get the rewards normally, it can take many hours of waiting if you don't have enough villagers.
It eliminates getting villagers from players, but currently can't help you if you want to deal with the nemesis system.

Thanks. And whats the nemesis system? Is it important or can is it not worth mentioning?

Oswarlan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not working after 3 tries of downloads , between i am using window xp sp3 ,is that the problem ? or am i missing some dll files or other files ?

Yeah, chances are that being on XP would be an issue, if it were DLLs, it would tell you. I compiled the program on win 8.1 with whatever latest version of .net and visual studio and such, so chances are there is an incompatibility. Can't really help you on that one, unless you know of a 'Support hella old windows' button in the compiler. ;)

Ricardo Toddy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Brazil
Sorry for up this post , but i need some help:

I'm just trying using this villager editor on my EUR rom , and not work for me, i used savedatafiller and exported save correctly ,but not work for me says 1 villager only, someone can help me for this?

Sorry for my english i'm Brazilian.

Oswarlan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for up this post , but i need some help:

I'm just trying using this villager editor on my EUR rom , and not work for me, i used savedatafiller and exported save correctly ,but not work for me says 1 villager only, someone can help me for this?

Sorry for my english i'm Brazilian.

Mind sending me a copy of your EUR save so i can take a look at it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They should've just made it a movie at 50 minutes
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    No from Paramount Plus or whatever it is
    +1
    Psi now has access to every streaming and cable channel out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Eh I'd rather just download and delete is it already up on paramount?
    Yeah it's on now
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, why are most new south park episodes half hour specials?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Psionic Roshambo, let me get a Netflix account I've always been nice to you
    +1
    I made a honey pepper glazed turkey breast for dinner turned out pretty bomb
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We can Netflix and chill
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Nvm not half hour, but hour long
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Normal south park episodes are already half hour
    Got 2 free Xumo boxes they work pretty good
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm happy to get anything most series don't make it pass 6 seasons
    Except Stars and Encore those are being a bitch lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I may consider that onn pro box finally a media box with type A ;O
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, cuz the companies don't want em to
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No it's revenue and demand south park could argue has a bigger audience than family guy about the same
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Family guy is worth 300mill south parks worth 1Bill according to the interwebs
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, probably cuz family guy is more disliked compared to south park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It just does the same formula south park can press buttons without going overboard
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    And bc most of the family guy budget is spent on the voice actors rather than on the animation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Southpark could spend 30k on a animated dick and people would laugh at it
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    lol one prescription to Lizzo
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    who is lizzo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn