• Replies 21,664
  • Likes 284

JanetMerai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Better watch out Exzap, Decaf is progressing quite well :3

Are Cemu and Decaf competing or just learning how to emulate better?
If that is the point, Cemu is obviously being paid for and now that Decaf is progressing, its only time before people abandon using Cemu for something free.

legend80

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

If that is the point, Cemu is obviously being paid for and now that Decaf is progressing, its only time before people abandon using Cemu for something free.
What is it with the cancerous kids lately...? How do you function in this world if you can't understand something as simple as this: CEMU has, and always, will be free. Maybe someday you'll learn to read like the rest of us.

Last edited by legend80,
Reactions: emmauss

emmauss

Trophies
XP
Country
Ghana

i dont see anything bad with a good competition. all emulators i know got their rivals, except dolphin, it is a king in its own country.take the nds for instance, no$gba got the highest game compatibility that i know of, and the best speed, though it lacks a lot of common features. desmume has those features, but needs a beefy machine to match up with no$gba.i dont know about others but i use both on regular bases. people would choose the emulator they want to suit their needs, even if it is expensive. do you know drastic. it is the best nds emu on android, it costs like $5, but people are buying it or cracking it, when there are free nds emulators that are ports of desmume on the play store. dont assume most people would go for an emulator because it is this or that.
and cemu if completely free. did you pay anthing to receive your legally acquired copy? only early access is limited to patreons, like other softwares that i dont know of.

Reactions: LitchiTheCat

JanetMerai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is it with the cancerous kids lately...? How do you function in this world if you can't understand something as simple as this: CEMU has, and always, will be free. Maybe someday you'll learn to read like the rest of us.

To be clear about this, I am talking about when Decaf gets 'mass appeal' and more Patrons take notice might flee and Exzap might be out of his job as a programmer.

This has nothing to do with a lack of reading but a question about competition if Decaf is going to rival Cemu.

Cemu is kind of like an in-app purchase where you pay for something instantly or wait to get to it.
I'd call Cemu 'Freemium' if I had to find the right word for it.

Regardless, its a legitimate question... perhaps you should understand my original question better?

Last edited by JanetMerai,

Darkemaste

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
To be clear about this, I am talking about when Decaf gets 'mass appeal' and more Patrons take notice might flee and Exzap might be out of his job as a programmer.

This has nothing to do with a lack of reading but a question about competition if Decaf is going to rival Cemu.

Cemu is kind of like an in-app purchase where you pay for something instantly or wait to get to it.
I'd call Cemu 'Freemium' if I had to find the right word for it.

Regardless, its a legitimate question... perhaps you should understand my original question better?
I doubt Decaf will get "mass appeal" until it boots and runs more titles than Cemu at near-perfect/perfect playability. That said when I first looked into Wii U emulation Cemu did not even exist while progress in Decaf had seemingly stagnated for quite a while, the next time I try to look into Decaf 's progress Cemu seems to have come out of nowhere and despite being closed source with only 2 people behind it and not even existing the last time I checked, a handful of Wii U titles are already decently playable.

I am impressed with Decaf's very recent progress however with how a few titles other than Shovel Knight are in a somewhat playable state, audio issues aside ofc. (generally not impressed with only getting to the title screens/intro videos and not being able to go in-game)
Personally I don't see why Cemu and Decaf have to "compete" with each other rather than both co-exist at the same time without hindering each other's progress, but the trend where the most vocal people supporting Decaf seemingly want the downfall of Cemu in general (mostly in r/emulation) is getting old. Especially since going open source when the emulator is ready for general use (indicated on the main page under performance & usability) and any "paywall" arguments are ridiculous since it's free for the public only 1 week after Patreon users with more features/better compatibility/added bug fixes/etc. than in the initial Patreon builds. (You don't have to pay anything to use Cemu at all, I had used Cemu for several months for 100% free before I became Patreon/decided to support Cemu)

revdirty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone help with a question , All the games i have tried , for the most part have worked pretty well, with each revision getting better then the last except for windwaker, When i am out side , its like locked at 15 fps , no matter what version .. performance goes up to 15 and stays there. When im inside someplace.. it goes to 30 just fine. Is there a magic setting im missing, i can understand fluctuations but it looks like a hard frame lock ,, like a crazy 15 fps vsync . I dont have a great PC anymore ( at least CPU wise which i know Cemu is pretty CPU heavy. I have a i5 2500k @ 4.0ghz Gtx 970( stock) and 32gb of ddr3 memory.

Any Advice?

Wardoctors

Gamedev1909
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can someone help with a question , All the games i have tried , for the most part have worked pretty well, with each revision getting better then the last except for windwaker, When i am out side , its like locked at 15 fps , no matter what version .. performance goes up to 15 and stays there. When im inside someplace.. it goes to 30 just fine. Is there a magic setting im missing, i can understand fluctuations but it looks like a hard frame lock ,, like a crazy 15 fps vsync . I dont have a great PC anymore ( at least CPU wise which i know Cemu is pretty CPU heavy. I have a i5 2500k @ 4.0ghz Gtx 970( stock) and 32gb of ddr3 memory.

Any Advice?
the cpu you have is a bit outdated and weak

rxfbi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
when i try to open zelda twilight hd or wind waker the emulator automatcly says error and close, but with mario maker, mario u, splatton it works well, marios and splatton are in wux, and zeldas are in loadiine, i read and the problem with the loadiines are the update, i have to update the game no? the problem is when i open uwizard and download the update, cant open the game because only accepts wud format, why?? wud format are 25 gb, and wux are 2gb, 7, 10 etc, will be a support for wux in future versions of uwizard?

Last edited by rxfbi,

thorbre

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
This is really minor, but I would appreciate getting a proper romlist. And not having to exit every time I'm booting a new game. But all in good time. Anyway, Wind Waker is working really great. It's funny, I'm way farther in the game than my original copy, lol. I haven't played through the HD version at all yet. I should mention, somebody mentioned that Twilight Princess crash/hangs on boot, and changing the region manually fixes the issue.. Well, I am unable to confirm that, because regardless of region settings, it won't boot on my end. Unless it's taking FOREVER to load..

IIYAMA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a i5 2500k @ 4.0ghz Gtx 970( stock) and 32gb of ddr3 memory.
That's only as fast as 4th gen i5 @ 3.0GHz or 6th gen i5 @ 2.7GHz . You need to overclock higher or upgrade your CPU . Sandy Bridge have fluxless solder and it can go pretty high and probably the best overclocker by far , newer CPUs use thermal paste => Do not overclock well

Again

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Any Advice?
it is also one thing that bothers me in wind waker will run only 15 FPS on the outside, more if you disable sound option disable the game runs at 30 FPS without sound is clear.

JaceCearK1

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@drwhojan ;)
upload_2016-8-22_20-29-3.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    hunter x hunter
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    he has not allowed anyone to continue it for him for example
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, theres a dragon ball af mod for budokai 3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I might download rayman revolution for my ps3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I may try the new ram site, and download more RAM to my Switch. Not sure if ddr3 is the right ram
    for it tho. Edit- no it uses floppy Ram, just like @AncientBoi
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    aeiou
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And sometimes Z
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, MAGA supporters be wearing tin foil hats lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, whats maga?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It stands for Maniacs Against General Acceptance
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, people rejecting general consensus about stuff?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, nuh its really just Trump followers
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious
    NinStar @ NinStar: people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious