ROM Hack [Release] Checkpoint, a fast and simple save manager for 3DS and Switch

Advanced User

Trophies
XP
Country
Good news: Checkpoint is still alive, after all. The creator of the project (BernardoGiordano) posted a few days ago that a fix is being worked on, but there is no ETA. Thank you so much for not abandoning this awesome piece of software!
It surprises me that a project as essential as this is getting so little support. Aren't there a few coders here who could contribute?

Last edited by Advanced User,
Reactions: hippy dave

wrsg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this gets asked a lot but is there a setting I can put into the config file that stops Checkpoint from creating empty folders for all the games on the system?

haddad

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have been playing on my modded new 2DSXL for a while. I have GBA, NDS, PS1, etc…..

I just checked my checkpoint for the first time and I only see a single NES save. I don’t see all the other saves from my other games and emulators? Do I have to Set it up?

Checkpoint came with my new 2DS by default when I modded it.

Also, I have a copy of a good save on my PSP and my DSI. Can I save the saves over to my modded 2ds?

Reactions: raxadian

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I have been playing on my modded new 2DSXL for a while. I have GBA, NDS, PS1, etc…..

I just checked my checkpoint for the first time and I only see a single NES save. I don’t see all the other saves from my other games and emulators? Do I have to Set it up?

Checkpoint came with my new 2DS by default when I modded it.

Also, I have a copy of a good save on my PSP and my DSI. Can I save the saves over to my modded 2ds?

You have buttons on the sides of the 3DS and 2DS, use them to see the other saves.

Last edited by raxadian,

haddad

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok.

Start Checkpoint for 3DS.

Press the X button without selecting anything.

You should see the extra save files.
i press x, then i see blank screen, i press x again, i still only see NES

not seeing ANY of my other GBA or PS1 saves

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
i press x, then i see blank screen, i press x again, i still only see NES

not seeing ANY of my other GBA or PS1 saves

Are you sure you have saves for those games? Also the 3DS can't run PS1 games, you are confusing it with the PSP and the PS Vita.

haddad

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Are you sure you have saves for those games? Also the 3DS can't run PS1 games, you are confusing it with the PSP and the PS Vita.

Yup I am sure I have saves for those games lol

And yes the New 3DS and New 2DS does run PS1 games. I am not going to confuse my new 2ds xl with a PSP :rofl:

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
that kind sucks that checkpoint only works with NES and 3DS games

Its now showing my GBA, NDS or PS1 saves :(
Checkpoint (3DS version) is for 3DS games. Assuming the NES games are VC then they act as 3DS games, any other platform VC would do the same.
PS1 games run in an emulator, so their saves will just be in a certain place on the SD card, you can back them up as normal files from there.
Back in my day backing up GBA saves meant running a specific tool to do so, but if you're using open gba firm then IDK but they're probably saved more easily on the SD card.
Similarly with DS games, if you're using the thing to run DS roms from the 3DS's SD card, then your saves are likely somewhere easy to back up on the SD card. If you're running them old-school from a flashcart then the saves are on the flashcart's SD card.

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
that kind sucks that checkpoint only works with NES and 3DS games

Its now showing my GBA, NDS or PS1 saves :(

You can backup NDS games if you use the cardridges but not every game works. However you can dump NDS saves from
cardridges using GodMode9, not just the whole rom. You can even backup GBA games cardridges using GodMode9 on a Nintendo DS/DSlite in a flashcard.

Instead of installing virtual console GBA games (and taking space on the 3DS slots) you can use open_agb_firm that works quite well for most games. If you have a HD 2DS or HD 3DS you can use a GBA emulator.

For PS1 no clue sorry I just use my Vita.

Last edited by raxadian,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn