ROM Hack [Release] Checkpoint, a fast and simple save manager for 3DS and Switch

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
you probably have fs_mitm sysmodule enabled. Disable it and then restore the save

Thanks I hope you are correct. Dumb question but how do I disable it? My head is fried after several hours messing around.

I’m using sxos but might have some other stuff on sdcard from when updating and backing up nand.

Last edited by 877,

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Thanks I hope you are correct. Dumb question but how do I disable it? My head is fried after several hours messing around.

I’m using sxos but might have some other stuff on sdcard from when updating and backing up nand.
I'm almost certain you can't disable anything on SX OS.

Reactions: 877

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Yes seems locked down. As I said TX are not well liked so probably why I'm hitting a brick wall..

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Will do thanks!
If you don't have an SX OS license for the one thing they seem to have over the rest, you might as well not use it tbh.

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you don't have an SX OS license for the one thing they seem to have over the rest, you might as well not use it tbh.

I'm beginning to see that now.. other than batch install/deleting from sdcard they have no advantage, and I'm sure that will be added to rajnx / reinx...

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
I'm beginning to see that now.. other than batch install/deleting from sdcard they have no advantage, and I'm sure that will be added to rajnx / reinx...
eh, even that isn't an important thing, and it's something simple to add to existing nsp installers.

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@EventAssistant ok so using RajNX i disabled fs_mitm (renamed to .bak and also remove it from .ini), now I'm getting "error 0000F601 Failed to commit save to device"... (I added this info to github as well, not sure to raise it as a new issue as there's already a minecraft one the same).

EDIT: update - got it working finally using hekate v3.2 :toot:
https://github.com/CTCaer/hekate/releases

I can post the sdcard files later if anyone wants..

I'm guessing RajNX uses a modified version of hekate (I won't pretend to understand if that's correct)..

Last edited by 877,

cloudfe

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Are there any plans to make a "wireless" version of Checkpoint, by introducing the possibility to directly transfer the save files through FTP or a personal account (e.g. Google Drive)?

Reactions: achandab

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Are there any plans to make a "wireless" version of Checkpoint, by introducing the possibility to directly transfer the save files through FTP or a personal account (e.g. Google Drive)?
Well, that shouldn't be difficult to implement, considering FTP on the switch is already a thing and open-source at that, it's a matter of gluing that to checkpoint.

D

Deleted-188346

Is there any data within save files that may indicate that the save file originated from a different console? Or that it was created with an eShop version?

I'm planning on buying Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate on Tuesday for my mostly legitimate Switch and want to import my save file from my SX OS Switch. Just hoping that there isn't a serious risk of being banned.

Thanks!

Last edited by ,

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is there any data within save files that may indicate that the save file originated from a different console? Or that it was created with an eShop version?

I'm planning on buying Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate on Tuesday for my mostly legitimate Switch and want to import my save file from my SX OS Switch. Just hoping that there isn't a serious risk of being banned.

Thanks!

I'm pretty sure you are safe and there are no console specific files in the saves.
I've read many posts where people have done the same between nand backup/restore and it's been fine.

I'm guessing you're using checkpoint 3.4.1 hence are going to launch homebrew on the 'new clean' switch, that is more likely to be noticed I would think.

Last edited by 877,
Reactions: Deleted-188346
D

Deleted-188346

I'm pretty sure you are safe and there are no console specific files in the saves.
I've read many posts where people have done the same between nand backup/restore and it's been fine.

I'm guessing you're using checkpoint 3.4.1 hence are going to launch homebrew on the 'new clean' switch, that is more likely to be noticed I would think.
I've already used Checkpoint on the clean Switch to extract saves from it in the past, but never imported to it. I made sure to use flight mode, then turned off it off entirely afterwards and removed all non-Nintendo files from the SD before going back online. So far so good! I know there's always a risk with any homebrew though.

That's good to hear that there's nothing console specific in the saves, thanks!

How about any data specifying what region the game was? I've noticed that if I'm playing a USA game that Checkpoint will happily import EU saves if the folder name is changed to that of the USA title, and the game will accept the data without issues, but I wonder if that'll throw any flags with Nintendo potentially. Finally, is there any data within saves specifying that the game was from the eShop? Might that be a red flag if I'm going to be playing a legitimate cartridge game with an eShop save file?

Sorry for all the questions, I appreciate the help a lot. I get the impression that Nintendo isn't really looking at save files too closely (or that maybe there isn't really much for them to look for in save files overall).

Last edited by ,

DevilzCY

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi I'm using SX OS 1.6 and Checkpoint is no longer working. I remembered it worked pretty great before. But now it won't backup nor restore file. Is it because the new switch firmware patch it somehow?

waveathon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
so. something just happened awhile ago on my Switch and made all my files on the SD gone blank. however I do have a back up of my games and because of this I was able to back up my save file before this happen. and yes I lost a bit of game time from where I currently at. but still I didn't have to go to new game all over again. Xenoblade 2 what I was playing I am already 100+ hours into the game. Just want to say thank you for this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You gotta work and earn it