Hacking [Release] Chocolate Doom

sj33

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Chocolate Doom has been ported to Vita thanks to fgsfdsfgs.

https://github.com/fgsfdsfgs/chocolate-doom/releases

This offers various advantages over the existing Vita ports of Doom including most of the Chocolate Doom features, dual stick control, OPL3 and .ogg music support.

Here's how to use .ogg files for better quality Roland SC-55 music.

I have created some .cfg files that allow you to use .ogg music. Or more accurately, I have edited the existing .cfg files for the .flac files to use the .ogg files compatible with the Vita port. I literally opened the .cfg files and changed all the .flac extensions to .ogg. Chocolate Doom does not seem to care if the SHA1 hashes are correct.

Create /data/chocolate/music/. Go to Roland SC-55 Music Packs and download the .ogg packs for Doom, Doom 2 and Final Doom. You can also get the Hexen music pack here. These archives will contain a folder called MUSIC. Rename this folder to either doom1-music, doom2-music, tnt-music, hexen-music, heretic-music or strife-music depending on the game and copy that folder to /data/chocolate/music/. Also copy the .cfg files from the attached archive into /data/chocolate/music.

You should end up with the following structure:

music/
----[game_name]-music/
--------<OGGs here>
----[game_name]-music.cfg

Now in the Chocolate Doom settigs, switch the sound from OPL3 to Digital and enjoy glorious Roland SC-55 music.

Attachments

• vitadoomogg_cfg.zip
    8.3 KB · Views: 322

sj33

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
r2 released,

https://github.com/fgsfdsfgs/chocolate-doom/releases

• added different scaling filters (some decrease pixel distortion);
  • added basic multiplayer support (can host, connect by IP, find and join games on local network);
  • added mouse emulation mode for right analog;
  • added more options to the launcher;
  • launcher now detects FreeDoom 1 & 2, FreeDM and Chex Quest (latter is included in data.zip);
  • launcher now can use the touch screen keyboard to set some options;
  • fixed textmode screens (ENDOOM, error messages and other dialogs, Heretic startup screen, etc.);
  • new LiveArea assets;
  • slightly increased performance.

jastolze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to play with deathmatch bots in this release? I always had issues trying to add some from the console, at least with other ports...

Metoroid0

Samus Aran
Trophies
Website
www.metroidwiki.org
XP
Country
Japan
Is there a DooM plutonia doom-music pack maybe?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Could you post some screenshots mate?

Kr0amiJ.png

Thank You, it works perfectly! :yaypsp:
I literally had this face when i heard the music!

df4e85fc-29c0-4e50-9fd8-cd8a0cd00c2b.png

Last edited by Metoroid0,
Reactions: memphis1424

memphis1424

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Metroid0. Thank you for the screenshot! This saved me! It took me forever to figure that I needed to put the cfg files music folder and not each individual doom music folder! Thank you so much!​

Reactions: H1B1Esquire

sumbodyshero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone for the love of Hexen please help me get the N64 soundtrack working on Chocolate Doom for Vita? I have been trying for days and am totally out of ideas. The sound pack is 22 tracks but the N64 soundtrack is 36 tracks. I finally got it to work, but now the tracks are completely out of order.

SeongGino

The Average One
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
A bit of a shame that this port hasn't gotten any updates. All the games supported (at least in their base forms) perform great - with the sole exception of HeXen, where for whatever reason there's this awkward stammering every couple of seconds. With the benefit of PSVshell and hindsight, every game engine runs with, seemingly, plenty of CPU headroom to spare at default 444mhz. Yet, Hexen will randomly jump up to 100% usage during those 'stammers', which is just heartbreaking!

Perhaps someone might be able to pick this up again one of these days?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: No way, Switch pro will be next