Homebrew [RELEASE] ctrQuake - Quake 1 port

MasterFeizz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just released a new update: It includes a new touch interface with 6 bindable buttons, small performance increase (3-5 FPS on o3ds), renamed buttons to match the 3ds and also default button configuration.
https://github.com/masterfeizz/ctrQuake/releases

CehauzIWEAIgq0i.jpg

Last edited by MasterFeizz,

tiduscrying

that butt...
Trophies
Website
tiduscrying.wordpress.com
XP
Country
United States
Just released a new update: It includes a new touch interface with 6 bindable buttons, small performance increase (3-5 FPS on o3ds), renamed buttons to match the 3ds and also default button configuration.
https://github.com/masterfeizz/ctrQuake/releases

CehauzIWEAIgq0i.jpg
Dude! Nice! One quick comment about the new keyboard though... Would it be possible to map the top buttons to be like quick save/quick load or anything like that? In the controls menu, there are options to map the major controls, but no listings for specific weapons or quick save. It would be neat to have these here, imho. Also, with the older menu, I really liked how the color was brown as opposed to grey personally. It just fit quake a little better, but it isn't like this keyboard is bad or anything. I quite like it! It looks pretty damned neat! Everything seems to be running alright from the CIA. There is a bit of a sound delay from the .3dsx version, but then again, I didn't play very long, so the probably probably goes away. Still totally digging this port man. Probably my favorite out of all of the ones currently on the 3DS!

MasterFeizz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dude! Nice! One quick comment about the new keyboard though... Would it be possible to map the top buttons to be like quick save/quick load or anything like that? In the controls menu, there are options to map the major controls, but no listings for specific weapons or quick save. It would be neat to have these here, imho. Also, with the older menu, I really liked how the color was brown as opposed to grey personally. It just fit quake a little better, but it isn't like this keyboard is bad or anything. I quite like it! It looks pretty damned neat! Everything seems to be running alright from the CIA. There is a bit of a sound delay from the .3dsx version, but then again, I didn't play very long, so the probably probably goes away. Still totally digging this port man. Probably my favorite out of all of the ones currently on the 3DS!
To bind the touch buttons to quick save and load you have to use the console:
Code:
bind t5 "save quick"
bind t6 "load quick"
I kept the touchscreen UI neutral for now, because I was also testing it on other projects but I will tweak the colors to better match each of them. I will look into the sound delays.
Thanks for the feedback!

tiduscrying

that butt...
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
FBI, and the the other cias I installed at the same time showed up.
Have you tried installing it via BBM/DevMenu? Also, are you running from sysNAND or emuNAND (not that it really matters I don't think, but just curious)? I'm currently rocking the latest .cia build from @MasterFeizz's github and it installed just fine and everything for me.

blaman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi ! I want to thank you MasterFeizz for your great work ! I really enjoy replaying Quake (and finish it without using cheat codes !!) !
But I have a little problem with the first mission pack, "Scourge of Armaggon". Whatever I do, it freeze after 2 min...
I've tested the extension on my PC and it work normally...

Reactions: MasterFeizz

MasterFeizz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi ! I want to thank you MasterFeizz for your great work ! I really enjoy replaying Quake (and finish it without using cheat codes !!) !
But I have a little problem with the first mission pack, "Scourge of Armaggon". Whatever I do, it freeze after 2 min...
I've tested the extension on my PC and it work normally...
I'll look into it when I get home. Are you using the latest version, and is it the .3dsx or the CIA?

blaman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm Using the Latest version, and using the mission pack with a shortcut on the .3dsx
I've finished the vanilla game withoute any bugs, and the 2nd mission pack (Dissolution of eternity) seems to work well.
I've try with another SD card, same problem !

MasterFeizz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm Using the Latest version, and using the mission pack with a shortcut on the .3dsx
I've finished the vanilla game withoute any bugs, and the 2nd mission pack (Dissolution of eternity) seems to work well.
I've try with another SD card, same problem !
Thanks for the info. It might be a problem with memory allocation, I'll see what I can do.

lisreal2401

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wanted to pop in and say amazing work on this. With the New 3DS I can finally map jump and fire to comfortable positions and it's really genuinely fun. How feasible would a Quake 2 port be? It was ported to the original DS with tons of work but would working off an ARM codebase be easier than porting the straight original source?

MasterFeizz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wanted to pop in and say amazing work on this. With the New 3DS I can finally map jump and fire to comfortable positions and it's really genuinely fun. How feasible would a Quake 2 port be? It was ported to the original DS with tons of work but would working off an ARM codebase be easier than porting the straight original source?
Working of the original is easier.

tiduscrying

that butt...
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Since EDuke3D got a new touch overlay, it's only right that this gets one too. So it may or not look something a little like this:
EXSvxf9.png

Which for me, fits the theme. If anyone has suggestion, I'll really appreciate them.
Dude! Nice! ctrQuake runs pretty much perfectly as it is now, so something like this is just icing on the cake! Might I recommend a "grungy" look for the touch overlay? Something along the lines of the aesthetics of quake...
cr8_set1.jpg

Kinda like what some of the textures have going on. Like a grungy, rusty look in a way. That'd make the overlay rad as hell, man!

Reactions: SLiV3R

MasterFeizz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dude! Nice! ctrQuake runs pretty much perfectly as it is now, so something like this is just icing on the cake! Might I recommend a "grungy" look for the touch overlay? Something along the lines of the aesthetics of quake...
cr8_set1.jpg

Kinda like what some of the textures have going on. Like a grungy, rusty look in a way. That'd make the overlay rad as hell, man!
Thanks for the suggestion, I can probably do something along those lines.

Lyuksus

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Couldnt load the touchpadoverlay :l Thats what the Cia says , and can i install the orig. vers. of quake in the cia?

MasterFeizz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Couldnt load the touchpadoverlay :l Thats what the Cia says , and can i install the orig. vers. of quake in the cia?
To use the CIA version you also have to download the .zip and extract it to your sdcard. To play the full game you only have to add pak1.pak from the full version to the id1 folder.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    @SylverReZ that reminds me that my friend sells CRTs he gets cheap or free for hundreds of dollars. people are dumb
    +1
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    And is incredibly annoying.
    man I just washed my shoes and they look exactly the same as before I washed them :|
    luckily they didn't fall apart
    Some CRTs are very much worth the price
    i used to go out to the recycling center every couple weeks and look at the crts and other electronics people would drop off. Usually screens were broken or severely scratched from being tossed around. Did find a good one here and there, but never anything like a 1080i widescreen crt.
    Or a good contition 40" Sony Trini that weighs 300 lbs. lol
    Literally 300 lbs. lolol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have a few of those boat anchors in my basement I tried giving away but no one wanted them, So anyone close to Columbus, Ohio area that wants them, (26", 2x 19") please come get, for free.
    Dont know anyone wants those smaller ones. Most are after larger sizes and the kinda top of the line models
    Motion handling and input lag on those things destroy plasmas, led, oled
    I had some really nice CRTs I should've kept
    now I have all lcd
    one in particular I regret getting rid of oh well :|
    the Sonys and stuff I don't care about
    and used LCD are hard to sell I can imagine.. not worth much
    @SylverReZ where do u lurk
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    Is it piracy if it was released for free? Not in my opinion, but I also think it's not piracy if buying it isn't owning it, and it's not piracy if you can't buy it from the original creators anymore.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Free release can have loopholes where they still make money through ads
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @a_username_that_isnt_cool, could you change your username?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i guess not...
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    anybody here?
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: anybody here?