Homebrew [RELEASE] ctrQuake - Quake 1 port

TheMasuke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

I'm new in this section, I've got a problem with ctrQuake, I tried to install my comercials versions of quake with my mods but it doesn't work, the app doesn't seems to recgnonize the .pak1 file, I've already tried my official .pak games and mods on ndsl & dsi, the files were ok and work fine on those devices.

On my N3DS, I've installed my files like that :

- The ID1 folder with the two .pak files (0 & 1) is placed on my sd here :

root/3ds/ctrQuake

-Mods folder, .3dsx, .smdh, .xml files are placed here :

root/3ds

I've launched the mod (Alien Quake) with homebrew launcher, it's still doesn't work, if I replace the pak0 by the pak1 of the comercial game and removing pak0 (or not, I tried both) same result...

I don't really know how to install it correctly if someone can help it could be cool :)

Thx in advance

EDIT : ok I've fixed the problem it works fine now.
I'm in the exact same boat. Maybe only certain mods work for this?

Elitemaster215

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I need help getting X-Men: Ravages of the apocalypse to work on CTRQuake. Everytime I tried to run it. It keeps crashing. I got both mission packs working on CTRQuake.

Vine-gar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I solved a problem if anyone was getting stuck trying to get Quake to load with the error message I've copied below. My issue was that I put the ctrQuake.3dsx file in the root of my SD card instead of the Root:\3ds\ctrQuake\ folder. A similar thing stopped me from running prboom3ds.

FindFile: can't find gfx/loop.lmp
Playing shareware version.
FindFile: can't find gfx.wad
Sys_Error: W_LoadWadFile: couldn't load gfx.wad
Press START to exit

The relevant files are organized like so:

Root:\3ds\ctrQuake\
ctrQuake.3dsx
ctrQuake.smdh
keyboardOverlay.bin (Generated by the game on a previous launch)
touchOverlay.bin (Generated by the game on a previous launch)

E:\3ds\ctrQuake\id1\
pak0.pak
pak1.pak

RoosterMange

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I managed to get team fortress running after some trial and error, but I noticed the classes' special abilities are tied to commands, as well as their grenades. So I have to manually type in the command to throw a grenade or build a dispenser or detonate pipe bombs. Is there a way to bind these to a button to make gameplay more fluid and playable? It would be a lot more fun without having to type out "build" in the console to put up a sentry for example. The bumpers would be great for that. Maybe some kind of config file would work?

Edit: I'm also not able to access team fortress maps in game. I have them in a "maps" folder in the fortress directory and I'm not sure how to actually play play them. Overall this team fortress mod works well, it's just really clunky in terms of commands and playing the maps.

Last edited by RoosterMange,

RoosterMange

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so I managed to bind grenades using the config.cfg file. Just bind your preferred buttons to "+gren1" and "+gren2".

To access custom Team Fortress maps, just type in the console "map (map name)" or type "exec server.cfg" to run a server with the settings that come with the mod. Just make sure you have the map files, of course.

I'm still unable to get class-specific binds to work automatically. I can manually execute engineer.cfg for example, so I'm able to build using a bound key, but it won't run the cfg automtically upon switching to engineer. In the README it mentions a "setinfo key" called "exec_class" which I'm supposed to set to "on" in order to automatically execute class cfg files, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to do that. I've tried typing the command a number of different ways and looking through the files for anything related to this, but no dice. And there's not really any info online I could find on this issue.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto