Homebrew [RELEASE] DaedalusX64 (N64 Emulator)

AceTrainerMike

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried to use multiple save states, but it seems to crash when I do. This is normal, right? I just finished a 120 Mario 64 file so I really don't wanna lose that progress. :wacko:

MasterFeizz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, they do work. They just... take longer for some reason. (Or maybe I'm just impatient haha) Still, multiple save states is in handy. Thanks for the hard work!
Depending on where you save, it will take longer for the dynarec to compile new blocks

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
How does enabling and disabling audio work? It seems like it does some kind of sync on audio since having it enabled stops it from going above the 100% while disabling it let's you get an occasional 90 fps in Bomberman Hero or 45 in SM64 for example.

MasterFeizz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How does enabling and disabling audio work? It seems like it does some kind of sync on audio since having it enabled stops it from going above the 100% while disabling it let's you get an occasional 90 fps in Bomberman Hero or 45 in SM64 for example.
The frame limiting code needs to be reworked, currently the best way to limit the fps is through the synchronous audio code

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thanks for the reply! I figured it had to be something like that since Paper Mario seems to be limited to a 35 fps when it should be a 30fps, or it should be since that's what would make sense but I could be wrong.

Also another ignorant question is whether there would be any benefit of implementing the work that has been put into the llvm compiler for the 3ds' teak DSP by Gericom?

MasterFeizz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the reply! I figured it had to be something like that since Paper Mario seems to be limited to a 35 fps when it should be a 30fps, or it should be since that's what would make sense but I could be wrong.

Also another ignorant question is whether there would be any benefit of implementing the work that has been put into the llvm compiler for the 3ds' teak DSP by Gericom?

Irrelevant to the project

Reactions: Deleted User

placebo_yue

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I have an OLD 3DS and it's a fine experience, OLD 3DS users deserve better, no errors so far.
No errors but terrible fps, it's not really a fine experience, it's just amuzing for the "N64 in stereoscopic 3D!!".
Hope it improves someday tho. I'd be okay with 20fps, something remotely playable even if choppy

Shelbswastaken

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
So I did some fiddling and smaller rom hacks for mario 64 like SMB64 run like a dream! Bigger ones like Mario Odyssey 64 will probably perform better as things improve (tho I have no hope of stuff like Star Road or Last Impact playing). Also Mario Party 2 runs well, but with a few glaring graphical errors (like the characters being whited out)

D

Deleted User

have you heard the news? source code for N64 has been leaked yay
now 64 could run natively on a smart fridge lmao and new 3ds uwu
Except it would be illegal. Police would have to confiscate the smart fridge.

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
Except it would be illegal. Police would have to confiscate the smart fridge.
oh no oh god oh fuck there goes my samsung smart fridge and all because i wanted to play Mundial Ronaldinho Soccer 64 on my fucking fridge

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: