Status
Not open for further replies.

BlastedGuy9905

where's the updated autopsy report
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
'[I would be able to record the process of downloading the game again and even some game play if someone can tell me how to record more than 30 seconds on the Switch (since the camera button works in CFW and homebrew).

Or you could just try it for yourself, my "exhop.txt" file in the Switch folder has the ID number "01006BD001E06000" which triggers the download and then you just go back to the home menu and wait. B-)

Here are some low quality pictures from my phone of the redownload.

Did you get banned yet?

Palmer_inc

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
You can download the games but you cannot play them. The switch writes connect with wifi to check it

Not playabke !!!!

Sgt. Lulz

Beef up
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Won’t be safe until devs know what kind of security the switch eshop has in place for this kind of thing. May not see a “safe” solution for a very long time either. CDN downloading will get you banned no matter what, for now.
The eShop's security model has been published already, and it'll never be safe, full stop. SciresM's writeup on the CDN implementation has everything you need to know about why it's never going to happen.

"Abridged" version: You need console-unique certificates to do anything at all, and you need a "clean" (Read: Not banned) certificate to do anything that isn't downloading system and application updates.
No matter how innocuous you think you're being ("Oh, it's fine because I'm just downloading the content metadata, not the game itself! It's fine because I'm only downloading the encrypted DLC, I'm not sending a ticket request that'd be denied anyways!", etc.), everything you do is being logged on Nintendo's side. They know exactly who did it, which Nintendo Account was used, which Device did it, at what time, which title they attempted to request, and so on and on forth.

I apologize for sounding like a killjoy and a fearmonger, but I'm simply relaying what's already known for a fact and verified by multiple independent parties. This tool isn't just "risky", it's a surefire way to ensure your console is added to Ninty's next banwave.

Greg956

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
'[I would be able to record the process of downloading the game again and even some game play if someone can tell me how to record more than 30 seconds on the Switch (since the camera button works in CFW and homebrew).

Or you could just try it for yourself, my "exhop.txt" file in the Switch folder has the ID number "01006BD001E06000" which triggers the download and then you just go back to the home menu and wait. B-)

Here are some low quality pictures from my phone of the redownload.

Don't you have this game previously purchased? And give us please some more photos, after you have downloaded it fully.

XorTroll

Switching between my 2DS and my Switch
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
Anyone who has downloaded any title using this tool:
If you find anything strange going on on your Switch (if doesn't have to happen, just if it happens) please contact me or post it here, it would be really useful

XorTroll

Switching between my 2DS and my Switch
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
i'm not completely sure how the downloader works, but afaik it doesn't load or ask any account (maybe i'm wrong), so maybe the download isn't linked to an account.
I repeat, idk how it works.

BlastedGuy9905

where's the updated autopsy report
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Or do they just ban a random account and then your console is banned too, meaning you can't play online on any accounts? That just doesn't make sense to me.

tunip3

[debugger active]
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If Nintendo bans the whole console, that might won't solve the problem.
yeah the only point of an emunand is to have one modded one for offline play and one for stock online unless you sort of merged two systems into one

g00s3y

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't wait for all the bans from these tools.

Thinking Nintendo hasn't learned anything from the Wii U with the "Wii U USB helper" shop/game downloader.

Everything is getting tracked, just wait until the paid service launches, and these systems get banned from doing anything online.

Reactions: TotalJustice

jakkal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't wait for all the bans from these tools.

Thinking Nintendo hasn't learned anything from the Wii U with the "Wii U USB helper" shop/game downloader.

Everything is getting tracked, just wait until the paid service launches, and these systems get banned from doing anything online.
im so scared
what will i do if i get banned from Nintendo's shitty service

Reactions: Deletedmember438770

Undi

TRASH 悲しい天使
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Anyone who has downloaded any title using this tool:
If you find anything strange going on on your Switch (if doesn't have to happen, just if it happens) please contact me or post it here, it would be really useful
Launched eXhop, started downloading MK8.
Stopped the download of MK8 cuz' can't launch it anyway, rebooted in Original Firmware (not CFW), and after 5 minutes I received a notification saying that MK8 was downloaded.
Can't find it anywhere, there is no file of this game apparently.
Can't download again with Boginstaller or eXhop (paused at 0% indefinitly).

Last edited by Undi,

tunip3

[debugger active]
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well, this is basically useless and will get our consoles banned. Nice.
If you can't play the game after you downloaded it... then what's the point?
ill test in a couple of days when i get the replacement parts for my switch but hopefully it may allow you to download games on an older fw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: :lol: