Homebrew [RELEASE] FBI Mod with Fasthax plus some Maki (Install CIA Legit on 11.2 O3DS/N3DS)

Eastonator12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Many people seem to be scared of the A9HL installation and the 2.1 downgrade, therefore they want to avoid it by just installing legit CIAs. Perhaps some people only want like one title? It could make sense depending on your desires.
I guess so, but still...most people want more than 1, and the a9lh install isn't that scary if you have a decent clue of how to copy files and follow simple instructions

MochaMilk

That one weird Furry Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everything was a success!
But i just have one final question. The guide says to update the 3ds and to not worry about it. But the version name is settings says "Sys" before the numbering. is this fine?

Eastonator12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everything was a success!
But i just have one final question. The guide says to update the 3ds and to not worry about it. But the version name is settings says "Sys" before the numbering. is this fine?
Yes, that was the System version string option you enabled in the Luma Config, basically tells you if you're in sysnand or an emunand....you can update and everything will be fine. But before you update make sure you're on 9.2

MochaMilk

That one weird Furry Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, that was the System version string option you enabled in the Luma Config, basically tells you if you're in sysnand or an emunand....you can update and everything will be fine. But before you update make sure you're on 9.2
I'm on 11.0.0-33, since that's the version I had backed up and restored.

SexySuitSamus666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just tried this on my brothers's O3DS and it works great! Installed Luigi's Mansion, Mariokart 7, NSB2 and the VC Pokemon games.

Urbanshadow

Trophies
XP
Country
The amount of random jamboree in this thread is disturbing me.

<rant>
I know this is page 4 or 5 already but:
  • To all (including OP): Fasthax is still alpha! Be careful with this! We all are still playing with fire. Hardmod recommended blah blah
  • Firm (brick) update protection is provided by cfw, not haxes
  • If luma had an updated brahma loader, loading luma through safehax could still be useful (Even if it's not teh a9lh mustard rice, you elitists)
  • Fasthax FBI is nice, but applies the same last point. If it had a brahma loader, loading FBI through safehax could allow unsigned installs (Even if later is not usable in the menu by a lack of cfw)
  • You like this fellow temper work? Step by this thread and thank him. You don't like it? (well too bad... but) Check your facts twice or be gone. I had to learn the bad way so take this advice. Don't just shout random things you guys don't understand and just read in another thread.
</rant>

Thanks OP for your work. Much appreciated.

Lokote2134

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm abit confuse what is this? Is this a fbi that you can use through homebrew and not have a CFW? Does this mean I can use my old 3ds xl run soundhax and load this through homebrew and I can install a unsigned cia like a homebrew cia?

Last edited by Lokote2134,

Urbanshadow

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm abit confuse what is this? Is this a fbi that you can use through homebrew and not have a CFW? Does this mean I can use my old 3ds xl run sound has and load this through fbi and I can install a signed, legit cia like a homebrew cia?

Fixed. And yes.

PedroKeitawa

Trophies
Website
natsunokaze.altervista.org
XP
Country
Italy
Many people seem to be scared of the A9HL installation and the 2.1 downgrade, therefore they want to avoid it by just installing legit CIAs. Perhaps some people only want like one title? It could make sense depending on your desires.

Consider im one of those pepole how full brick his 3DS try to do this type of installation, mainly becouse the guy of the tutorial left a file in the folder that brick your system (i discover this later after a reasearch of why the brick happen), and even if i have limited option im ok whit simple legit CIA insted to have all the game immaginable in just one day and then play...zero.

Last edited by PedroKeitawa,

annson24

The Patient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Too bad this cant install tickets alone. No big deal as cia files also install the tickets.
Consider im one of those pepole how full brick his 3DS try to do this type of installation, mainly becouse the guy of the tutorial left a file in the folder that brick your system (i discover this later after a reasearch of why the brick happen), and even if i have limited option im ok whit simple legit CIA insted to have all the game immaginable in just one day and then play...zero.
That's what you get for following tutorials other than plailect's.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

PedroKeitawa

Trophies
Website
natsunokaze.altervista.org
XP
Country
Italy
Too bad this cant install tickets alone. No big deal as cia files also install the tickets.

That's what you get for following tutorials other than plailect's.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

To be honest since this guy is a professional modder (aka hardmode for money) and all his other tutorial have zero problem i can think of one of two reason for why he left this "i kill you 3ds file" in the folder. Even becouse for repaire the error now is offering a free hardmode for recover the damedge 3ds.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Fixed. And yes.

Hold the phone! I reading wrong or is possible to install homebrew cia that are sign like a legit cia?

RayFirefist

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

<rant>
I know this is page 4 or 5 already but:
  • To all (including OP): Fasthax is still alpha! Be careful with this! We all are still playing with fire. Hardmod recommended blah blah
  • Firm (brick) update protection is provided by cfw, not haxes
  • If luma had an updated brahma loader, loading luma through safehax could still be useful (Even if it's not teh a9lh mustard rice, you elitists)
  • Fasthax FBI is nice, but applies the same last point. If it had a brahma loader, loading FBI through safehax could allow unsigned installs (Even if later is not usable in the menu by a lack of cfw)
  • You like this fellow temper work? Step by this thread and thank him. You don't like it? (well too bad... but) Check your facts twice or be gone. I had to learn the bad way so take this advice. Don't just shout random things you guys don't understand and just read in another thread.
</rant>

Thanks OP for your work. Much appreciated.

Maybe it's better put it on main post. Can I copy everything and credit you about this? (I know, fasthax is still in alpha but everyone must know what is doing now tbh :P I put a disclaimer on the top for this (and for see if I lost an already made FBI version with fasthax. And, I know, that fasthax is still in alpha (or better, it's the same as modified Safehax has).

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Wait, did you try with legit ticket? I tried with mine and it worked fine (QR and as file).

Urbanshadow

Trophies
XP
Country
OK let's say I installed the hombrew cia on my old 3ds that doesn't have a CFW if there was to be a 3ds update 11.3 etc will my homebrew cia still work to get me into hombrew or will it be broken?

No cia file made by any other than a certified N's developer has a N's legit signature, so without cfw the title would appear on menu, but would never launch.

Hold the phone! I reading wrong or is possible to install homebrew cia that are sign like a legit cia?

You are reading wrong. Signatures and signature checks are made so not anyone can execute any piece of code into the system. That's why we need unsigned code execution exploits to try to overcome the system and disable signature checks as in a cfw.

During psp days and in the famous geohot's ps3gate the PSP software signature key got leaked. People started to sign homebrew with that, and the content got instantly detected and executed by vanilla systems. Any piece of code could be executed. Still, some doomed mobos of the psp keep guarding the flash nand heavily. With the help of some fake firm updates signed as legit and light cfw, they still went down the hole.

We happen to have sighax, but that's another story. Maybe then.

Maybe it's better put it on main post. Can I copy everything and credit you about this? (I know, fasthax is still in alpha but everyone must know what is doing now tbh :P

Be my guest.

Last edited by Urbanshadow,

rafaeloz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Burkina Faso
Im with cfw using the pale site(11.2 new 3ds) I can run nonlegit cias?
I tried to use some on "tehe google forum site" ...instals ok...but when I click in home runs, soon quits and give the message to reboot system.
I'm missing something? besides de ciaa I need to download other thing ?

Last edited by rafaeloz,

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
You mean, some kind of pasta .bin loaded with safehax used in order to, for example, install the FBI .cia?
Maybe if we achieve this, we don't need to dump H&S, inject FBI, etc

Urbanshadow

Trophies
XP
Country
You mean, some kind of pasta .bin loaded with safehax used in order to, for example, install the FBI .cia?
Maybe if we achieve this, we don't need to dump H&S, inject FBI, etc

Yup, like we did in the good old 9.2 days to install cfw without cubic ninja. Theoretically though, the old pasta could boot again if remastered with safehax because afaik, the vuln is still the 9.2 firmlaunchhax.

Last edited by Urbanshadow,
Reactions: Arubaro

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: +1