ROM Hack [Release] Fire Editor - Fire Emblem: Awakening's save editor

Mrperson0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Little update. Just because it didn't seem that hard to add this thing about movement. Still working on the fully updated version for November.

October 25th, 2015: Sixteenth revision released 0.5-35-alpha
  • Added Added Movement editing. This feature correctly edits the permanent added movement of your units. In-game, only way to change this is using the Boots item, but it has a limit of one or two uses per unit. Note that if you put 255 as Added Movement, the game could not recognize it. My guess is that it tries to add 255 to your unit's movement, and if it gets a number higher than 255 (260, for example), the added movement is not taken in account. You can safely put any number below 200, anyway, feel free to do some testing, anyway.
  • Thanks to @KaleoOmega for commenting about added movement, and making tests by hex editing to see how it behaved in-game.

Going to try this out as soon as I get home! Will also test it out with StreetPass.

Pokéfan Kieran

Trophies
XP
Country
If you do a super ultra very complicated path the arrow gives up and goes off screen, FE6 style

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ps. if you DO try to move off screen you crash the game.

I would be able to test streetpass tomorrow but its half term and the owner of the other 3ds is a teacher

Reactions: Olmectron

Green Mii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It works good with them, because they lack Support. However, there are somethings I don't understand and need to test a lot.

For example, when I reclassed some Spotpass units to an opposite gender's class, it became that gender even without changing the gender byte.
Well, the reason you can't simply change the Avatar's gender is because the male and female Avatars have separate character pointers. So if they have Supports with anyone at any rank and you change the character pointer, the game attempts to point to an address that is essentially no longer there. You probably knew this already, though.

As for the SpotPass/StreetPass Units, those guys use a separate "Guest Avatar" pointer. I also noticed that changing their class to be of the opposite gender changes their gender. What's interesting is that when I changed them from "Guest Avatars" to actual Avatars, that no longer happened. No clue why.

Also, I found that using shadowofchaos' Excel calculator helped a lot with character pointers, in case you need it.

Thanks again for all your work! We definitely appreciate it!

Olmectron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Well, the reason you can't simply change the Avatar's gender is because the male and female Avatars have separate character pointers. So if they have Supports with anyone at any rank and you change the character pointer, the game attempts to point to an address that is essentially no longer there. You probably knew this already, though.

As for the SpotPass/StreetPass Units, those guys use a separate "Guest Avatar" pointer. I also noticed that changing their class to be of the opposite gender changes their gender. What's interesting is that when I changed them from "Guest Avatars" to actual Avatars, that no longer happened. No clue why.

Also, I found that using shadowofchaos' Excel calculator helped a lot with character pointers, in case you need it.

Thanks again for all your work! We definitely appreciate it!
Thanks for that info! I'll definitely give it a look, and see if I can do something so editing of gender is easy, and without any need of changing anything else for the end-user. The aim is a smooth and nice editor for everyone to use. Then do the same for Fates!

Thanks again!

Pokéfan Kieran

Trophies
XP
Country
So... Olmec are you going to warn people what not to do with crazy high movement?

I also wish there was a way to unselect all

trainboy2019

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe if when you change the avatar's gender, you could make it so it wipes all support with the avatar. Also, another problem may be the final boss

Olmectron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Maybe if when you change the avatar's gender, you could make it so it wipes all support with the avatar. Also, another problem may be the final boss
The final boss just copies your actual unit as is. The final boss would appear as the gender your unit currently has.

For example, if you change your portrait to a DLC character, like Pr. Marth, or Katarina (like you can do already in the current version of the editor), Grima appears talking with the same portrait! So, that's not an issue at all.

If Smealum's newest hack works as I think it will, we'll have a ROM editor for Fire Emblem Awakening soon. Soon means before next year in this case.

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
The final boss just copies your actual unit as is. The final boss would appear as the gender your unit currently has.

For example, if you change your portrait to a DLC character, like Pr. Marth, or Katarina (like you can do already in the current version of the editor), Grima appears talking with the same portrait! So, that's not an issue at all.

If Smealum's newest hack works as I think it will, we'll have a ROM editor for Fire Emblem Awakening soon. Soon means before next year in this case.
Why can't we give likes to post edits? :P

Mrperson0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Man, I hope his new hack works with 10.2. If not, ah well, I have a 2DS lying around with 9.9, lol.

GCNMatt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Yes! Green haired Manakete lucina!

And blue haired great lord lissa!

And maybe possibly pre-recruit randomization!

THE HYPE!!!
:bow::lol::rofl:B-):toot:

Edit: Overuse of emojiis is overuse

Last edited by GCNMatt,
Reactions: SomeGamer

Olmectron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Man, I hope his new hack works with 10.2. If not, ah well, I have a 2DS lying around with 9.9, lol.
The same. I have my 10.2 N3DS, and an O3DS with 9.9 lying around.

It works if you have CN, OoT or unpatched IronFall plus one of the earlier two.
Alright, then. :lol:

Reactions: SomeGamer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: You need better couch potatoes la