ROM Hack [Release] Fire Editor - Fire Emblem: Awakening's save editor

Olmectron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Gerome does indeed have maskless version of him in the game, they're only used in the S Rank of Female Morgan, and his supports with Inigo in the Scramble DLC. He also has an unused crit cut-in portrait.

HOWEVER, he doesn't have a maskless version of his overworld sprite.

63342.png
Thanks for the info!

KaleoOmega

I just don't know what to do with myself...
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Little update. Just because it didn't seem that hard to add this thing about movement. Still working on the fully updated version for November.

October 25th, 2015: Sixteenth revision released 0.5-35-alpha
  • Added Added Movement editing. This feature correctly edits the permanent added movement of your units. In-game, only way to change this is using the Boots item, but it has a limit of one or two uses per unit. Note that if you put 255 as Added Movement, the game could not recognize it. My guess is that it tries to add 255 to your unit's movement, and if it gets a number higher than 255 (260, for example), the added movement is not taken in account. You can safely put any number below 200, anyway, feel free to do some testing, anyway.
  • Thanks to @KaleoOmega for commenting about added movement, and making tests by hex editing to see how it behaved in-game.

Thank you, @Olmectron ! Looking forward into your fully updated version next month! :)

trainboy2019

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With a high movement (ex. 150), the game will say it is a negative number, but it is actually the number that you put in the editor

Pokéfan Kieran

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes. But will be put as experimental. I've been playing with that for a while, and it gets unstable and crashes the game, even if I try to manage correctly the Supports.
what's it like in the grey area between unstable and crash?
(I've always been curious about glitches and bugs and the like)

Olmectron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
what's it like in the grey area between unstable and crash?
(I've always been curious about glitches and bugs and the like)
Sorry. I don't really understand what you mean with "grey area".

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

That's really strange. I wonder if it is because of Morgan.
I think so. Anyway, if you edit an Avatar without any relationship at all (not even C support with any unit), it seems to work just fine.

Olmectron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
What about spotpass/logbook units?
It works good with them, because they lack Support. However, there are somethings I don't understand and need to test a lot.

For example, when I reclassed some Spotpass units to an opposite gender's class, it became that gender even without changing the gender byte.

I worded that wrong. I meant is there some sort of sign when it's about to crash like the game freaking out or something.
Oh, if you talk about the editor, I just use a nice console for debugging, the normal thing. So I know when there's a problem easily. I think.

If you talk about the game. Yeah, when you mess up with a game/app that you didn't develop, you know something is going bad the instant you see some glitched text and sprites here and there. Not every time it crashes when glitched, but most times. For this game, it crashes for me nearly always when I try to mess up with Support and relationships. I've seen some people hex edit things about parents and children correctly, but they still get some crashes.

That's the reason for me adding an "Experimental" tab for the next update. As long as it could glitch badly or crash the game, it'll be added as experimental.

GCNMatt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It works good with them, because they lack Support. However, there are somethings I don't understand and need to test a lot.

For example, when I reclassed some Spotpass units to an opposite gender's class, it became that gender even without changing the gender byte.
I've encountered that same thing. The portrait, however, doesn't change and I want to fix that. It changes with any other edit, just not this.

Pokéfan Kieran

Trophies
XP
Country

Oh, if you talk about the editor, I just use a nice console for debugging, the normal thing. So I know when there's a problem easily. I think.

If you talk about the game. Yeah, when you mess up with a game/app that you didn't develop, you know something is going bad the instant you see some glitched text and sprites here and there. Not every time it crashes when glitched, but most times. For this game, it crashes for me nearly always when I try to mess up with Support and relationships. I've seen some people hex edit things about parents and children correctly, but they still get some crashes.

That's the reason for me adding an "Experimental" tab for the next update. As long as it could glitch badly or crash the game, it'll be added as experimental.
Nice. Some games glitch much easier than others *cough*link's awakening*cough*
And you have come so far with this project it's unbelievable! So congrats and have a moogle:moogle: (at least I hope it's a moogle)

Reactions: Olmectron

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...