Homebrew [Release] freeShop - open source eShop alternative

Status
Not open for further replies.

eroz76

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to download the games and not deleting the .cia when freeshop installs it?

Yes! 1+ to this question. I'd like to know as well

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

You can use ciangel to create a cia and then you install it. Or I believe you can use decrypt9 to generate the cia of an already installed game on your system by finding the titleid.

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

vincentallen2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FreeShop never creates a CIA, it downloads the data directly into an installed state.
Does that make Freeshop better than ciangle, since it acts more like the official shop? Ciangle seems more like cia Downloader. Correct me if I'm wrong

eroz76

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does that make Freeshop better than ciangle, since it acts more like the official shop? Ciangle seems more like cia Downloader. Correct me if I'm wrong

I like both. Ciangel also can install it instead of creating a cia. It's up to you on what method you choose for it do. Freeshop has a gui and ciangel is text based.

Reactions: KamikazeEsp

KamikazeEsp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP

I haven't heard about Ciangle till now, but I knew Decrypt9 or Hourglass9 can dump installed apps, so...

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

CIAngel has three modes, "Create CIA", "Install" and "Install Ticket". "Install" is the same mode as FreeShop where a CIA File is not created.

TheCruel

Developer
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@TheCruel I can make a nice logo for freeshop as I already did that for CTGP-7. You only need to tell me what do you want it to look like :)
This would be nice. Something really simple is all that's needed imo.

Could you just do a fade from black to white? I've noticed flickering during non-black logos though. If it cannot be done without flickering, then just a black logo file would be good (boring, but better than "homebrew" one).

PabloMK7

Red Yoshi! ^ω^
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
This would be nice. Something really simple is all that's needed imo.

Could you just do a fade from black to white? I've noticed flickering during non-black logos though. If it cannot be done without flickering, then just a black logo file would be good (boring, but better than "homebrew" one).
Flickering is caused by the 3ds switching from the home menu to freeshop, so nothing can be done there. :(
I can make a logo that fades to black at the end, and maki a little animation with the actual freeshop logo, I'll see what can be done :P

TheCruel

Developer
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Flickering is caused by the 3ds switching from the home menu to freeshop, so nothing can be done there. :(
I can make a logo that fades to black at the end, and maki a little animation with the actual freeshop logo, I'll see what can be done :P
That's what I thought. I just think it would be weird to show a freeShop logo during boot and then again during initial loading screen.

I think perhaps you should fade in and out to the black shopping bag centered on a white background. May need to make it a bit smaller. No need for words or anything else.

intromission

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rofl. I just talked about this bug earlier, it should be fixed in next version. If anyone has this problem, you fix it like this:

1. Delete sd:/3ds/data/freeShop/queue.json

2. Go to FBI > Pending Titles and delete them all.

Then you'll have an empty working queue again.

Quick question, I hadn't been on since November 11th. I just found out about this Nintendo takedown or whatever. I seem to have functionality but I can't find a lot of newer games-Pokemon Sun/Moon and Yokai Watch for example. Are the files not updating since the takedown? It seems like the game list is updating when I start but I'm still not seeing them. Thanks.

eroz76

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question, I hadn't been on since November 11th. I just found out about this Nintendo takedown or whatever. I seem to have functionality but I can't find a lot of newer games-Pokemon Sun/Moon and Yokai Watch for example. Are the files not updating since the takedown? It seems like the game list is updating when I start but I'm still not seeing them. Thanks.
First update to the newest version as shown in the first post.
Second, don't type in the location of that title key place instead scan in the qr code and check the box to auto update.

intromission

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Second, don't type in the location of that title key place instead scan in the qr code and check the box to auto update.

I think I had just realized my mistake, but thanks for responding. What I did was substitute what was written in the title keys section with ############### is that right? Now it seems to have populated the new games, downloading now, hopefully it works.

Wasn't aware of this step when I followed the Luma3ds installation tutorial. Thanks!

Last edited by intromission,

eroz76

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I had just realized my mistake, but thanks for responding. What I did was substitute what was written in the title keys section with "That title key site" , is that right? Now it seems to have populated the new games, downloading now, hopefully it works.

Wasn't aware of this step when I followed the Luma3ds installation tutorial. Thanks!
Delete that link you have posted.

NightScript

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@TheCruel I can make a nice logo for freeshop as I already did that for CTGP-7. You only need to tell me what do you want it to look like :)
Why don't you do like what you did for FBI?
TBH, the FBI one was simple. I don't like most of those whacky and weird ones. What you did for FBI caught my interest and open up for new ideas.

Last edited by NightScript, , Reason: Being more Specific.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: +1