• Views 128,415
  • Replies 574
  • Likes 11

zhdarkstar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone tried the Backup/Restore Game Save features yet? I'll try myself with my MK7 cart once Bravely Default finishes dumping. Also, has anyone tested whether trimming breaks online capability?

I'm really starting to kick myself for starting with the biggest rom of them all... :P

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Has anyone tried the Backup/Restore Game Save features yet? I'll try myself with my MK7 cart once Bravely Default finishes dumping. Also, has anyone tested whether trimming breaks online capability?

I'm really starting to kick myself for starting with the biggest rom of them all... :P
The save dump works, but you can't use the dumped saves with ROMs, just like with other save dumpers.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu

i'm worried to dump and restore my pokemon retail save :)

Nightwish

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
That's not true foxi. All carts have a unique 16 byte ID at 0x1200 (when dumped by GW). I'm sure Nintendo has a whitelist of them that they'll be more than willing to leverage when fools go online. :P

Nvm, I can't read.

Original post:
16 bits are only enough to identify 65536 different copies, and that's not counting a CRC to avoid you just generating a random number.
If that's all there is, it's useless.

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
the homebrew support is not up to par. imo

they are just using using what smea provided. i would have thought they would have created they our fork from smea work.

what if smea stops working on the 3DS.

D

Deleted User

the homebrew support is not up to par. imo

they are just using using what smea provided. i would have thought they would have created they our fork from smea work.

what if smea stops working on the 3DS.

Homebrew shouldn't be up to just one person. Besides, previously only smea could run homebrew code and kept it private.

Now everybody can join in with the fun and the community as a whole will improve ctrulib.. It's good news for everyone

Reactions: Margen67 and Flame

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Homebrew shouldn't be up to just one person. Besides, previously only smea could run homebrew code and kept it private.

Now everybody can join in with the fun and the community as a whole will improve ctrulib.. It's good news for everyone

you right i guess.

Reactions: Saxer and yuyuyup

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, what tree?